PDA

View Full Version : Cats (I think)

Woody929
10-05-2014, 11:55 AM
I went to the storage place to check on the boat Friday - its been a couple of weeks since we were out - and all looked good until I walked around to the platform. It looks like a cat has been clawing on my platform. Possibly a dumb pigeon pulling at it based on the crap.

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-3hDr3nX/0/L/i-3hDr3nX-L.jpg

I think now we'll get a tarp, fold it over a few times, and bungee it to the back to prevent future issues.

valleywine
10-05-2014, 01:43 PM
That really sucks. I'd complain if it's a cat. The storage yard should have some type of pest management plan. Bummer.

slipperyrockTKE300
10-05-2014, 05:15 PM
I've been on this forum for 12 years now I keep seeing the same questions pop up every few years.

The previous answers to how to keep cats away from your boat was....(and I'm not kidding)...

buy a bottle of bobcat urine and spray it around your boat.

Do a google search for vendors. There are plenty of them.

Woody929
10-05-2014, 05:31 PM
I wasn't really asking a question, just showing the damage from a f$&@ing cat. We've got plenty of Bob Cats too. Always funny when I see "Missing" posters for someone's cat/small dog. By the time you put up the poster, they've already been digested.

fu-man
10-05-2014, 07:23 PM
I feel like you should be able to fix that up a bit with some light sandpaper sanding. I replaced my pad last year with hyrdoturf and was able to sand the edges where my cuts were a bit jagged. Sea dek can't be that much dufferent.

wolfeman131
10-05-2014, 09:21 PM
I hate cats.

jmvotto
10-05-2014, 09:33 PM
Pit bull will take care of the cats!

996scott
10-05-2014, 10:59 PM
Dang cats! Give me a dog any day.

sandm
10-06-2014, 07:46 AM
cats are the most worthless of creatures....

boater4life
10-06-2014, 08:50 AM
cats are the most worthless of creatures....

You know I'm going to disagree with you on this, lol. I've never wanted to kill a cat but there are plenty of dogs deserving of a 9mm to the head.

A dog is basically a prison sentence for someone in my position. I live alone, gone at work for 9.5 hours every day, and boating every weekend....how many times have I had to get off the boat early so Amber can go take care of her dog haha. My cat is an indoor cat and fully declawed and I have a feeders for food and water that lasts 7-8 days. No problem if I want to leave on vacation for a few days. It works for me.

boater4life
10-06-2014, 10:02 AM
I went to the storage place to check on the boat Friday - its been a couple of weeks since we were out - and all looked good until I walked around to the platform. It looks like a cat has been clawing on my platform. Possibly a dumb pigeon pulling at it based on the crap.

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-3hDr3nX/0/L/i-3hDr3nX-L.jpg

I think now we'll get a tarp, fold it over a few times, and bungee it to the back to prevent future issues.

Watch out for mice too. They get into everything and the smell of mouse urine is horrible...

kaneboats
10-06-2014, 11:05 AM
Well a dog will pees right in the middle of the floor and then take the heat. Not a cat. They sneak behind the couch. Most disgusting creatures to have in your home (although I would not have either).

Blueliner
10-07-2014, 09:21 AM
Well a dog will pees right in the middle of the floor and then take the heat. Not a cat. They sneak behind the couch. Most disgusting creatures to have in your home (although I would not have either).

LOL aren't pets fun. We have two indoor cats and the only problem we have ever had was when we forgot to change the litter box once. This cat decided to drop a deuce in the kids nearby lego box! The fun thing about our dog (dearly departed) was cleaning up the back yard after the snow and ice melted, two garbage bags full every spring. Not withstanding wild animals. Luckily my boat is locked in an industrial storage unit when not in use, I have not seen any sign of critters but I suppose an array of good size mice traps would be a good idea.