PDA

View Full Version : Good Lakes to Visit?

Jason05216
10-01-2014, 11:14 AM
I know this is really early, but my wife and I were talking about taking some time next year and visiting some other lakes. Thought if we decided now where we were going we could go ahead and get lodging figured out before everything filled up. We currently go to the Lake of the Ozarks most every weekend during the summer. We live about an hour north of that lake and my family has a house there. We thought it might be fun to take the boat and visit some other lakes. We've not been to Table Rock so we thought about that plus some of the other lakes in Arkansas but weren't sure if there were better places to go.

KG's Supra24
10-01-2014, 11:31 AM
Bull Shoals - somewhat close to you; will have a secluded feeling; most of trip would revolve around lake time; great water

Greers Ferry and Lake Ouachita would offer a little more amenity wise.

Depends on what type of trip you are wanting. Kids, nightlife, level of accomodations, etc

I can help on the Arkansas side.

Jason05216
10-01-2014, 11:38 AM
Mostly looking to just do things on the water. We will have our 10yr old son with us so not really looking for any nightlife things. I guess just some activities that would entertain him. As far as accommodations we were thinking cabins rather than hotel. Do not need to be high end by any means. Clean and well kept will be just fine for us.

zabooda
10-01-2014, 04:04 PM
I inherited a lot adjacent to a golf course at Fairfield Bay and I visited it this summer and really enjoyed the area and the lake. My intention was to retire there but it is actually too remote for me so if anyone is interested in the lot I will actually give it to you for closing costs. The community club has two golf courses (I don't golf) and a marina with boat slips. My girlfriend and I rented a boat and went out to that island and hiked to the top. Beautiful area but I'm leaning more toward Russellville where stores and doctor offices are more convenient. PM me if interested.

http://www.ffbcommunityclub.com/cms/

KG's Supra24
10-01-2014, 05:00 PM
PM me if interested.

http://www.ffbcommunityclub.com/cms/

Done. blah blah 10 char

Woody929
10-01-2014, 05:31 PM
We did Lake Greeson in AR this summer twice. Most beautiful lake I've ever been on. They have cabins you can rent on the water at the Narrows Dam. There isn't a whole lot to do in that part of the world, but that didn't bother us. We saw probably 2:1 or 3:1 Skiers Choice boats to any other wakeboat on that lake.

Jason05216
10-06-2014, 06:08 PM
What about in the Knoxville, TN area?

13mobiusLSV
10-06-2014, 09:27 PM
In Knoxville area you're going to want to go to lake norris

patrick232
10-07-2014, 05:59 AM
What about in the Knoxville, TN area?
We own a condo on Norris Lake just north of Knoxville. PM me if you want more information on it. We rent it out when not using it.

kaneboats
10-07-2014, 08:28 AM
Dale Hollow. Haven't been there but it's on the bucket list.

tnbrooks01
10-07-2014, 12:21 PM
Crosstimbers Marina on Skiatook Lake has some nice cabins that are rented most every weekend throughout the year.

Grand Lake in NE Oklahoma has multiple areas of the lake with nice lodging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason05216
10-18-2014, 05:04 PM
Have you been to Lake Norris? What's the deal with the floating houses? Every marina seems to have them. I've not seen those before.

patrick232
10-19-2014, 03:06 PM
If your looking for a floating house look at springs dock or flat hollow marina. Norris is a great lake we are down there about 25 days a year at our condo. If you want to check it out let me know we rent our condo out.

Jason05216
10-23-2014, 01:21 PM
Hey Patrick I sent you a PM.

irish-racing
10-23-2014, 02:13 PM
We went to Dale Hollow the first weekend of May. Water was a little cold but we still had a blast. The lake is beautiful our house boat was awesome. There was 9 of us that went and we plan on doing it again next year. Just have to borrow someone else's boat since I don't have one.

Here is the link to the marina we rented the house boat from. They come out and tie you off and make sure you are good then you just have to bring it back. Between 9 people it came out to $250 a person for 4 days 3 nights. That includes the house boat, fuel for the house boat, food, and fuel for my boat. Not bad if you ask me.

http://www.eastport.info/houseboat/starship1/

Jason05216
10-23-2014, 03:33 PM
How busy is Dale Hollow? Probably was't to busy the first part of May I'm sure but just curious?

irish-racing
10-23-2014, 04:02 PM
We saw about 8 boats in 4 days. 5 of which were fishing boats. But I am sure it's a lot busier in june or july.

Sharpshooter
10-23-2014, 11:02 PM
Dale Hollow is great, we have 10 of us that go up every Labor Day, this was our 5th year, we also go out of east port marina

2013 Moomba LSV