PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide

Rakkasan
09-28-2014, 06:04 PM
Trying to decide on something new for the truck. I'm stuck between buying a new Rigid Industries grille or a Road Armor bumper that will hold the same lights. The truck is a 2014 GMC with a 6" lift. The light are already bought and waiting for the install. I've been wanting the bumper but their still finalizing the production and might be another month till there available for public sale. I've added pics of my truck plus one of the grille and one of the bumper I'm wanting on a Ford.

KG's Supra24
09-28-2014, 06:12 PM
Bumper for sure. Are they the same price? I'd think the bumper is quite a bit more.

rdlangston13
09-28-2014, 06:59 PM
i second the bumper

Rakkasan
09-28-2014, 07:02 PM
Bumper for sure. Are they the same price? I'd think the bumper is quite a bit more.

That's what I'm thinking and yeah the bumpers are just a tad more. A BIG TAD!!! But I've already save up the money just tired of waiting for the bumper to come out.

valleywine
09-28-2014, 07:20 PM
I think that grill is clean and functional. I like the grill better.

KG's Supra24
09-28-2014, 07:21 PM
I've wanted that (or similar) bumper for a while just never pulled the trigger. Feel free to get me one too :)

viking
10-03-2014, 12:26 AM
check out Royalty Core Grilles. I like them better and they will custom make you whatever you want!
I've got mine sitting in the shop waiting to be installed ;)

Rakkasan
10-03-2014, 05:27 AM
check out Royalty Core Grilles. I like them better and they will custom make you whatever you want!
I've got mine sitting in the shop waiting to be installed ;)

Take a pic if you don't mind. I've seen their website but never one in person. Thanks

viking
10-03-2014, 11:00 AM
I can but mine is still on the bench not installed. They have a facebook page with tons of customer photo's. I'll definitely send you a pic once I get around to installing it. Will be soon as I need to swap out my tranny cooler lines at the same time and on the to do list.

New Guy
10-03-2014, 12:55 PM
Bumper by far that GMC grille is probably one of their best to date.

Rakkasan
10-03-2014, 01:23 PM
Bumper by far that GMC grille is probably one of their best to date.

I agree with the front end. I've owned 6 Chevrolet trucks since i started driving and went to the dealership for another until I saw the GMC parked right next to it. Really like Chevy but I think GMC killed them with the front end.

Rakkasan
10-10-2014, 04:49 PM
Ok spoke with Road Armor and the bumper is available for sale and they even gave me the parts numbers/price list. Said lead time would be four weeks to build and ship. Now just got off the phone with a distributor for the bumper and was told after trying to contact RA for three days to no avail they were told 3 months. And that for a bumper that's just now getting released and could possibly have production errors like everything else new that comes to the market.
I'm really torn I like the bumper but could be in the grill now for wayyy less and could do the install myself saving even more money.
Sorry just needed to vent. Any suggestions?

KG's Supra24
10-10-2014, 05:34 PM
I wouldn't let an immaterial amount of time make a long-term decision. My .02.

I'm also partial to the bumper, lol.

valleywine
10-10-2014, 06:03 PM
Ok spoke with Road Armor and the bumper is available for sale and they even gave me the parts numbers/price list. Said lead time would be four weeks to build and ship. Now just got off the phone with a distributor for the bumper and was told after trying to contact RA for three days to no avail they were told 3 months. And that for a bumper that's just now getting released and could possibly have production errors like everything else new that comes to the market.
I'm really torn I like the bumper but could be in the grill now for wayyy less and could do the install myself saving even more money.
Sorry just needed to vent. Any suggestions?

The grill is making its way to you.........

Rakkasan
10-10-2014, 06:05 PM
Maybe. 😒

viking
10-10-2014, 06:08 PM
Grille NOW.............Bumper later!! Issue solved :)

Rakkasan
11-05-2014, 03:09 PM
Well bumper it is. Ordered two weeks ago and it came in today way faster than they quoted. Especially with free freight.:D

I'll get some more pics once it's installed.

jmvotto
11-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Ok I am really new at the truck thing since I just picked up a new Chevy , but is the grille bumper thing like wheels thingy

Rakkasan
11-05-2014, 07:11 PM
Ok I am really new at the truck thing since I just picked up a new Chevy , but is the grille bumper thing like wheels thingy

I see the "wheel thingy" as for looks unless your going for a lift or lowered truck and need the change the wheel size for different tires. The bumper for me is for function. I live in the country so more protection as in bumpers can never hurt plus I need the lights to see driving through the woods. Which is why I was looking at the bumper vs the grill which also had lights.

jmvotto
11-05-2014, 11:35 PM
Gotcha ......

Rakkasan
11-23-2014, 08:53 AM
All ready to go. Pretty happy with it, feel sorry for that deer that wants to jump out in the road. 2115021151

Rakkasan
11-23-2014, 08:54 AM
Sorry for the pictures. TapATalk doesn't seem to upload the best

viking
12-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Take a pic if you don't mind. I've seen their website but never one in person. Thanks

Finally got around to getting it installed about a month ago. But then went on vacation to the caribbean so it hasn't even seen the outside of the shop yet! I know you decided on bumper but this give you an idea.

KG's Supra24
12-05-2014, 02:09 PM
Both trucks look great!

Viking, I had to zoom in ... I thought you had some sort of chalkboard license plate

viking
12-05-2014, 03:44 PM
LOL ..... I thought I'd personalize it!

Rakkasan
12-05-2014, 05:02 PM
Finally got around to getting it installed about a month ago. But then went on vacation to the caribbean so it hasn't even seen the outside of the shop yet! I know you decided on bumper but this give you an idea.

Looks sharp