PDA

View Full Version : Teak Swim Platform?

05-05-2006, 01:25 PM
Does anyone know if there is a teak swim platform available for a 2001 LSV? Nothing against fiberglass but more the rubber top surface. I've had the rubber pads replaced once already and it appears they are due once again for another set. Not to mention that they turn your feet black when you get back in the boat. Thanks!

cpudoktr
05-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Does anyone know if a teak swim platform is available for a 2001 LSV? Nothing against fiberglass but more the rubber top surface. I've had the rubber pads replaced once already and it appears they need to be replaced once again. Not to mention they turn your feet black when getting back in the boat. Thanks!

Jon...

qb12
05-05-2006, 01:39 PM
Jon, I am pretty sure they are avail., but $$$

I had the same problem on my old 02 outback. Have you gone to wakejunky.com and checked out the traxx.

I did this with the black/white and it was awesome. It held up well to fins and never had any residue issues.

Doug

Jman
05-09-2006, 11:37 AM
If you are leaving your swim platform exposed to the elements in between uses, you will have this problem. If you can't keep the boat in the garage, take the swim platform off and store it in the boat under the cover. Just scrub the black rubber with a brush and cleaner and keep it out of the sun when not in use. I had this problem when I bought my used Mobius. I cleaned it one time and haven't had a problem since.

Hope this helps,
Jman

DC_B
05-09-2006, 12:47 PM
I have close to 200 hrs. on my xlv and no problems with the swimdeck I have to say I love the fiberglass compared to teak. My last boat had a teak platform and it took alot of maintenance to keep it looking good. They are also slipperier than the rubber on the fiberglass platform.

zabooda
05-09-2006, 01:52 PM
I have a 98 Mobius and i haven't had any problems. I remove it and store it in the boat when winterized. The sun will destroy any rubber product over time.

EUSTACE
05-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Give this product a look: http://hydroturf.com/products.php?cat=Sheets%20of%20Hydro-Turf unless your defiantly sold on going to teak.

E