PDA

View Full Version : When non-boat people ask what kind of boat you have...

trayson
09-26-2014, 05:15 PM
So, what do you all say when non-boat people ask what kind of boat you have. I mean, let's face it. most people have never heard of a "Moomba". MAYBE if you had a MC or a Malibu they might recognize the name. But most of the people I work with have no idea what a Moomba, Supra, Axis, MB, Supreme, Centurion, Sanger or Tige is. Most people out there give you a blank look if you use the terms "V-drive" or "Direct Drive".

So, to the vast majority of people, a "Moomba XLV" doesn't mean anything. I've been saying lately that it's a "23' Moomba wakeboard boat". and they reply, "Oh, the blue is pretty!"

So I was curious how you typically describe your boat when people ask what you have.

KG's Supra24
09-26-2014, 06:32 PM
I say it goes fast as hell!!! 60 easy.

One guy loved my roll bar that held all my rod holders

bergermaister
09-26-2014, 06:47 PM
Interesting question. A good friend used to go into very unnecessary detail - "Oh it's a 2008 Malibu 23 LSV wakeboarding boat with blah blah blah" which would normally include some random insert about the last 2 Malibus they owned before this one.

I would listen to his schpeel and watch the eyes of the other person slowly gloss over.

How about "wakeboarding boat" usually followed by "yah with a big booming stereo" and then "yah, I'm that guy"

ninedriver
09-26-2014, 07:00 PM
I usually reply:
"The Official Towboat of the Gravity Games"

word...

trayson
09-26-2014, 07:23 PM
I usually reply:
"The Official Towboat of the Gravity Games"

word...

BAM!!!!!!!!

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-piPbLa17atw/VAnlqFeqiLI/AAAAAAAAUFw/Fo8D_ssWSho/s800/20140903_175010_resized.jpg

ninedriver
09-26-2014, 07:42 PM
LOL!

Why do I have a feeling that sticker is short lived...

tnbrooks01
09-26-2014, 10:08 PM
My favorite thing is when I get asked in the most Okie redneck voice you have ever heard " Hey man, why's that boat gotta rollcage? Does it really go fast enough to need a rollcage?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdlangston13
09-27-2014, 08:38 AM

Mr Kob!! You got any money Mr Kob?? How much that boat cost? one million dollars?? What kind of fish do you catch with that boat?

It always fun when people see it and ask how fast it goes and seem shocker by an answer of 38 mph. Also fun trying to explain a V drive to some one who has only seen boats for sale at the local bass pro shop. "So it's like a Tahoe?"

No man, it's not like a tahoe except in that they both float....

Sharpshooter
09-27-2014, 08:41 AM

Great answer LMAO

Woody929
09-27-2014, 09:18 AM
Mr Kob!! You got any money Mr Kob?? How much that boat cost? one million dollars?? What kind of fish do you catch with that

The same thing popped in my head. Great story.

"You mean it's a 2 million dollar boat?"

The_Robo_Fighter
09-27-2014, 03:45 PM
I know exactly what you are taking about. I usually tell people it is a "tournament wakeboard board". When I do that they usually just state at me and then change the subject!

yz 2smoke
09-27-2014, 07:24 PM
I had a person at the camp ground think I named my boat moomba. They asked how I came up with the name.

I always get asked how fast does it go and that I must fish a lot.
I think I'm going to start answering like kg. They look shocked when I tell them it will only do 40.

deerfield
09-27-2014, 09:15 PM
A common question is engine size. When I answer 325 HP, the reaction is it must be really, really fast.

yooper
09-27-2014, 09:26 PM
I just answer "a black and orange boat"

garl.wilson
09-27-2014, 09:32 PM
My favorite question came from a guy peddling stuff at a gas station when I was getting fuel one day. "Hey man!!....Is that one of the cigarette boats you see on tv?! That thing goes like 120mph right? It has the seat belts and stuff to right!!”
I said nope….your little scooter you are riding will out run this boat on a downhill.
He looked at me with a puzzled face and then I replied again with this.
“It isn’t fast because I can’t shake up my beer when it is in the cup holder.” LMAO
He went on his way wondering if he was still the crazy one.

Mr Kob!! You got any money Mr Kob?? How much that boat cost? one million dollars?? What kind of fish do you catch with that boat?

It always fun when people see it and ask how fast it goes and seem shocker by an answer of 38 mph. Also fun trying to explain a V drive to some one who has only seen boats for sale at the local bass pro shop. "So it's like a Tahoe?"

No man, it's not like a tahoe except in that they both float....

kaneboats
09-29-2014, 10:21 AM
I tell them it's a hydrofoil test boat with an engine made by NASA.

slipperyrockTKE300
09-29-2014, 03:20 PM
Mumba? What the hell is a Mumba?

Boatdrinks797
09-29-2014, 06:00 PM
As long as you tell em it's got two live wells and room for a couple down riggers there are usually not any follow up questions

Blueliner
09-29-2014, 10:43 PM
When asked I mention it is a ski-boat. How fast?.........Its not made for speed its made to pull, like a tug boat. Usually they understand tubing and skiing....pulling stuff, that's seems to be good enough.