PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Mondo or 2015 MB F21 Tomcat?

BrettLee3232
09-18-2014, 03:27 AM
I like both boats...
MB

MODEL F21 Tomcat
LENGTH 21' / 6.40 M
BEAM 100" / 2.54 M
DRAFT 22" / 0.56 M
WEIGHT 3,900 lbs. / 1,769 kg*
BALLAST 1,800 lbs. / 816 kg
SEATING 14 Persons
FUEL CAPACITY 65 gallons / 246 L
BASE ENGINE INDMAR Raptor 6.2L 400hp
*F21 Tomcat Lite Edition 3,450 lbs.

Mondo

Overall Length w/o Platform: 20' 6"
Overall Length w/ Platform: 22' 6"
Overall Length w/ Trailer:
Width (Beam): 99"
Overall Width w/ Trailer: 102"
Draft: 25"
Weight - Boat only: 3,800 lbs
Weight - Boat and Trailer: 4,650 lbs
Capacity - Passenger: 13
Capacity - Weight: 2,000 lbs
Capacity - Fuel: 39 gals
Capacity - Ballast (Standard): 1,300 lbs
Capacity - Ballast (Optional): NA
Engine - Electronic Fuel Injection: 330 HP, V-8 (I would get the Raptor)

I really like the MB, bigger fuel supply & seats 1 more. Plus it's a tad bigger. The mondo is a great boat....not sure what the cost would be with a Raptor....I'm guessing 66ish

Anyone have any thoughts or recommendations?

sandm
09-18-2014, 07:41 AM
second post just like this. how about go drive both and see which one you really like. demo a mojo and 23tomcat from prior thread as well :)
dealer selection plays a role and you will know which dealer ultimately take care of you.

one will stand out as the clear winner for your families needs. hopefully it's a moomba and you'll be posting new pics on here but at the end of the day, either company make a great product.

wolfeman131
09-18-2014, 10:14 PM
second post just like this.

I thought it was crazy when I read the last post where someone was saying they liked the MB better because of the larger fuel tank. Uh, OK?

The MB isn't an NMMA certified boat, meaning no floatation foam so more room for a larger tank and no restrictions on listed seating capacity.

sandm
09-19-2014, 07:04 AM
liked the MB better because of the larger fuel tank.

that's the sole reason we bought our new hyundai. larger fuel tank over the other competitor we were looking at......

sorry, couldn't resist :)

wolfeman131
09-19-2014, 07:14 AM
yeah, well how many people can you fit in your Hyundai?

sandm
09-19-2014, 01:58 PM
12 or 1800lbs. although I did rip the capacity sticker off :)

zabooda
09-19-2014, 03:49 PM
The MB isn't an NMMA certified boat, meaning no floatation foam so more room for a larger tank and no restrictions on listed seating capacity.

I wonder how the insurance rates are? Without floatation it is a throw away boat.

sandm
09-19-2014, 05:14 PM
I was shopping them in '12 and progressive was not much different than my supra.

reality is how many payouts are there for "sunk" wakeboats. would bet most wakeboat claims are for prop/shaft damage or theft claims.

gisepi
09-19-2014, 06:10 PM
I will chime in here. I was shopping back in 2012 and it came down to the tomcat and the Mojo. The MB was way shallower that the Mojo both under seat storage and bottom seat to floor distance. Also there wasnt much boat above the interior as well, it felt like half my back was above the gunnels. All in all just felt way too shallow, especially for being on big lakes, it seemed like any weather would allow to have water coming in also. Next point was yes the Tomcat was a "longer" boat but you loose a ton of room up from for that pickle fork. And the bow was TINY compared to the Mojo. So i guess if you want a bigger fuel tank, giver, but boy am i happy with my decision to go with my Moomba.

BrettLee3232
09-20-2014, 02:44 AM
I will chime in here. I was shopping back in 2012 and it came down to the tomcat and the Mojo. The MB was way shallower that the Mojo both under seat storage and bottom seat to floor distance. Also there wasnt much boat above the interior as well, it felt like half my back was above the gunnels. All in all just felt way too shallow, especially for being on big lakes, it seemed like any weather would allow to have water coming in also. Next point was yes the Tomcat was a "longer" boat but you loose a ton of room up from for that pickle fork. And the bow was TINY compared to the Mojo. So i guess if you want a bigger fuel tank, giver, but boy am i happy with my decision to go with my Moomba.

Thanks for the advice. My wife & I just had our first baby so she's been giving me the super cold shoulder on "talking" about a boat, so I haven't even had a chance to test drive either yet. The Mojo is a great boat, I just know my wife is going to $hit a break when she sees the over 70k price tag, she wants to get a Yamaha 212X (which is a nice family boat) but I like the WOW factor. I also want to surf! She wants a 50k boat though (even 50k she thought was ridiculous until I explained to her what boats actually cost.)

We also want to buy new, well highly prefer to buy new so we can have a boat that we think is cool. Not a dealer that 90% of the time will have a red/grey/black that he needs off his showroom floor.

That's why I was thinking Mondo or F21. Then I'm at a 20' boat though & we go to a party lake so it gets pretty ruff most summer. I do not want to have buyers remorse & buy a smaller boat based on price & regret it the first 3day weekend when we're getting the $hit kicked out of us trying to cruise the lake with 9 month old daughter haha.

wolfeman131
09-20-2014, 09:10 AM
Change your color choice to blue & black and I know where you can get a great used 2012 Mojo that's been rigged to surf.

sandm
09-20-2014, 10:10 AM
wait.. what???

wolfeman131
09-20-2014, 11:16 PM
Keep an eye on the classifieds

blackcup
09-21-2014, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the advice. My wife & I just had our first baby so she's been giving me the super cold shoulder on "talking" about a boat, so I haven't even had a chance to test drive either yet. The Mojo is a great boat, I just know my wife is going to $hit a break when she sees the over 70k price tag, she wants to get a Yamaha 212X (which is a nice family boat) but I like the WOW factor. I also want to surf! She wants a 50k boat though (even 50k she thought was ridiculous until I explained to her what boats actually cost.)

We also want to buy new, well highly prefer to buy new so we can have a boat that we think is cool. Not a dealer that 90% of the time will have a red/grey/black that he needs off his showroom floor.

That's why I was thinking Mondo or F21. Then I'm at a 20' boat though & we go to a party lake so it gets pretty ruff most summer. I do not want to have buyers remorse & buy a smaller boat based on price & regret it the first 3day weekend when we're getting the $hit kicked out of us trying to cruise the lake with 9 month old daughter haha.

I was in the same situation ... the Mondo was in the budget but the Mojo wasn't. We live right beside a big lake that can get rough so I was worried that the Mondo would get tossed around. Got a great deal on a new Mojo from the dealer and never looked back. We usually have 7-10 people on board and I know 100% that I would have regretted not getting the bigger boat right from the start.

jstenger
09-21-2014, 05:20 PM
Keep an eye on the classifieds
I am guessing a brand new 2015 Mojo will soon be yours.

BrettLee3232
09-22-2014, 03:19 AM
I was in the same situation ... the Mondo was in the budget but the Mojo wasn't. We live right beside a big lake that can get rough so I was worried that the Mondo would get tossed around. Got a great deal on a new Mojo from the dealer and never looked back. We usually have 7-10 people on board and I know 100% that I would have regretted not getting the bigger boat right from the start.

Thanks for the advice!