PDA

View Full Version : Moomba Model Comparisons

WhiskeyRunner
09-14-2014, 09:11 AM
I've got a Noob question-

what is the actual difference between the Mojo, Mondo, LSV, and Outback? I know size is the obvious answer, but what's the real differences in the boats? I love my Mondo '14, but curious if there's something I missed in the other boats, they all seem very similar.

Which one is considered the "top end" Moomba? Which one is the best for surf?

tnbrooks01
09-14-2014, 10:49 AM
-Whiskey,

The OBV is too small to fit my needs, therefore I can't provide much info on them other than there has not been many significant changes to the model in a few years.

The "M" boats: Mojo, Mobius LSV and Mondo can be equipped the same way with the exception of the S-Bend tower is an option for the (2015 Mojo only). So from an equipment standpoint there is little to no difference as to which would be the "top end" Moomba. It then boils down to personal preference of which size fits your needs, which styling do you prefer (traditional bow vs. wide bow), and what you plan to do primarily with the boat. My experience is the Mojo and Mondo are better for surfing than the LSV (I have not been on LSV with FLOW), but the LSV can be a very nice surf machine as well.

The LSV was redesigned in 2013 and IMO is a major improvement from previous years, deeper interior, shorter sun deck pushing weight farther back in the boat making the interior bigger and changed the shape of the wake slightly (not as abrupt as previous years). I currently own a 2013 LSV but have a 2015 Mojo on the way. Im looking forward to how the redesigned boat handles and how the wakeboard wake has improved. The Mondo is a great boat and does everything well but I prefer a larger boat.

slipperyrockTKE300
09-15-2014, 05:38 AM
The Outback is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich at a New York deli.

ian ashton
09-15-2014, 07:49 AM
The Outback is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich at a New York deli.

Aside from the not snap-out carpet, what is the difference? My '13 OBV has the exact same everything as my buddies '13 LSV.

chadjitsu1
09-15-2014, 11:31 AM
Just look at the top of the forum where it says "COMPARE BOATS" you can compare any models, its in the grey banner

slipperyrockTKE300
09-15-2014, 11:57 AM
Aside from the not snap-out carpet, what is the difference? My '13 OBV has the exact same everything as my buddies '13 LSV.

Well.... right off the bat I can think of the size of the hull, tower, rear compartments and much more room up front.