PDA

View Full Version : Please help! Starter problems. 2005 Outback

Flexandamy
09-14-2014, 01:10 AM
So very long story short(ish)

I recently removed my starter and reinstalled after trying to find where the starter problems I was having were coming from.
And in my efforts installed the two main lines coming from the battery and alternator on the wrong points of the solenoid!
Which meant that when I was reconnecting the battery the starter would run instantly (run only not throw the gear)

After consulting google I managed to find a picture of how to correctly connect the starter so I thought I was on my way!
But no
Somehow I had managed to lose the 12v supply to the first terminal on the ignition barrel
I tried to use the 12v supply from the acc point next to the ignition this allowed gauges to come on and get power to the fuel pump but when I turned the key to start would not get 12v to the starter solenoid to throw the gear and run the starter.
I have followed the stater wire through the entire length of the boat with no success and am starting to run out of ideas.
Does anyone know where there might be a hidden fuse or circuit breaker I'm missing??

So far I have replaced two relays, the 32v CB and the starter all with no success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

parrothd
09-14-2014, 12:29 PM
Did you check the fuses on the dash?

Flexandamy
09-14-2014, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the reply

Yeah checked the dash fuses with no luck.

parrothd
09-14-2014, 03:03 PM
What about the big one on the engine block?

Flexandamy
09-15-2014, 06:03 PM
Checked it and was slightly corroded so I replaced it with no luck