PDA

View Full Version : 98 outback ?

crghou
05-03-2006, 02:19 PM
I have been looking around for a boat and ran across a 98 moomba outback for a good price. I was wondering if I put some weight in the boat would it put up a decent wakebaord wake? Also it was made to be a cheap boat so is it going to end up being a money pit trying to keep it running. It has about 400 hours on it right now.

Thanks

ben624
05-04-2006, 12:24 PM
I bought a 99 outback 2 years ago... It had 147 hours on it... I have put 124 hours on it since.. All I have done was replace the fuel pump, plugs, trans fluid, belt, fuel filter, that is about it... Now the trailer on the other hand is a piece of crap.. I have 3 people sit on the back and I put bar bell weights in the back also... It is not a Mobius... But it does ok for me... And mine is paid for... So it is up to you... Just check out the engine and see how it was taking care of.... Good luck.

bogey
05-04-2006, 04:26 PM
I have had a '98 Kanga for 4 years and have not had any trouble at all. I do all the regular maintenance and the boat runs great.
I put a tower on last year and we get great air. If you needed you can buy a fat sack seat that takes the place of the rear seat.

Mine is paid for as well, so I can afford the fuel!! :p

EUSTACE
05-05-2006, 08:40 AM
Get a sac for under the rear seat and 350# sacs on either side of the motor box and it’ll throw a wake.

E