PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having wake plate issues?

kriley
09-08-2014, 05:02 PM
I have been having Wakeplate issues - would go automatically up without touching the lever. I have had the computer reprogrammed, a new computer put in, and now they want to replace the speed control / ballast display. Atlanta marine has been great about talking to the factory and trying to get it fixed but 1 year and 3 months later it isn't fixed. Anyone else having this issue???? This is becoming a pain during wake surfing- always have to watch the indicator.....

uniwarking
09-08-2014, 06:23 PM
Yes, dealer has the parts you mentioned waiting for me, hoping to get it in after this weekend. The reprogram didn't work for me either. We're not alone if you do a little searching you'll see a few posts. Let's hope this part works!

kriley
09-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Did they tell you that they would separate the batteries and you had to keep the perks switch on that battery?? I was told they will run a jumper wire from the ground to the other battery.. Will this set up charge my second battery or drain it from stereo usage???

uniwarking
09-08-2014, 06:59 PM
I've not heard anything about battery wiring, just the replacement of the Moomba cruise unit/display.

tater
09-08-2014, 09:17 PM
This is an ongoing problem with ALOT of wake plates mine is going on my second season and im sure 13mobius will chime in shortly but in a nut shell nothing has worked so i would rather be on the water then have my boat at the shop changing out the same faulty equipment,i have never really been given a true answer of what is going on,i really dont think they know imo.

spyder
09-09-2014, 06:05 AM
did you check the oil level? mine was low, would do this

wolfeman131
09-09-2014, 07:30 AM
the newer plates are electric

13mobiusLSV
09-09-2014, 08:25 AM
Not sure which year yours is. But tater, myself, and several others all are in the same bind. I'm on my 3rd PDM and it never fixed the issue. They did replace my digital cruise pro and that did stop the plate issues HOWEVER, the WP gauge is still erratic. So basically you set the plate where you want and take the WP gauge out of your scan. They dealer replaced the gauge and still have same issues. I'm told the engineers are working on a fix at SC. Sep 26 will be 1 year for me and they have been working on my problem since April and many others much longer. Amazed there isn't a solution yet and more people pissed off. Considering the people down there that read this board and know this is affecting a large number of people.

kriley
09-09-2014, 10:36 AM
My LSV is a 2013 like yours. They have reprogrammed once, replaced the PDM and will now replace the digital cruise and take all wires to the #1 battery with a jumper going to the 2nd battery. My dealer has been fantastic about getting responses back from SC but I have had this issue since June 2013. I am concerned about the way that the battery will be wired - I have not got an answer back on if the 2nd battery will get any charge back from the alt (the way they are wiring it) if it doesn't I will not be thrilled or very accepting of it - I can see both batteries dead on the lake after sitting listening to the music...

spyder
09-09-2014, 10:58 AM
the newer plates are electric

i'll go hide in a corner with my outdated 06 ;(

heh

blackcup
09-10-2014, 01:35 AM
I have been having Wakeplate issues - would go automatically up without touching the lever. I have had the computer reprogrammed, a new computer put in, and now they want to replace the speed control / ballast display. Atlanta marine has been great about talking to the factory and trying to get it fixed but 1 year and 3 months later it isn't fixed. Anyone else having this issue???? This is becoming a pain during wake surfing- always have to watch the indicator.....

My plate has done this since day 1. When I hit the throttle it will always go up to 1/2 whether I have the cruise on or off. I just figured it was supposed to do this ... but sounds like it shouldn't?

uniwarking
09-10-2014, 07:16 AM
My plate has done this since day 1. When I hit the throttle it will always go up to 1/2 whether I have the cruise on or off. I just figured it was supposed to do this ... but sounds like it shouldn't?

For the 14's they added some programming logic, yours should adjust:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?23312-2014-Moomba-Automatic-Wakeplate

Our plates are erratically adjusting.

kriley
09-15-2014, 02:00 PM
Update: Dropped my Boat off today to get the new fix - a new digital cruise and then the rewiring of all to one battery (except the subs) the batteries will have a jumper from one battery to the other and I have to keep the Perko switch on Battery #1. This really doesn't make any sense but if it fixes the problem then it is good I guess. I don't see how the digital cruise affects the wakeplate in a 2013 LSV..

jstenger
09-15-2014, 02:49 PM
Update: Dropped my Boat off today to get the new fix - a new digital cruise and then the rewiring of all to one battery (except the subs) the batteries will have a jumper from one battery to the other and I have to keep the Perko switch on Battery #1. This really doesn't make any sense but if it fixes the problem then it is good I guess. I don't see how the digital cruise affects the wakeplate in a 2013 LSV..
Unless you have a charging relay, your #2 battery will never charge if you keep the switch on #1. Your amps won't run very long.

Boonejeepin
09-15-2014, 04:19 PM
Unless you have a charging relay, your #2 battery will never charge if you keep the switch on #1. Your amps won't run very long.

My guess is they are going to wire the 2 batteries in parallel, making one big battery. Position 2 on the perko would not be hooked up and have no function. This makes the perko basically an on and off switch only.

uniwarking
09-16-2014, 07:34 AM
I don't understand whey they need to rewire things... and I'd be upset if I essentially only had one battery (kind of defeats the purpose). I hope the digital cruise swap out works for mine...

13mobiusLSV
09-16-2014, 05:21 PM
The digital cruise swap worked with mine to keep the plate from self adjusting but the gauge is still moving on it's own. Mine goes in next week and they want to check the wiring on the battery as well.

kriley
09-16-2014, 08:10 PM
Got the boat back - let's see if it is fixed - I am not thrilled about the wiring - I was told I was the test to see if it worked... I did let them know I would not consider this fixed due to the battery set up. And the saga continues.
Just enter - you are right - I can see me on the lake and no tunes.... Hmmmm why did I purchase all the amps and speakers......

kriley
09-21-2014, 06:07 AM
I took the boat out yesterday after they installed the new digital cruise and changed the wiring - the wake plate never moved from my setting - granted I didn't surf my son long but it seems the fix worked! I plan on going out today and spending a couple of hours pulling the kids surfing so If it is going to fail it will today.. I am keeping my fingers crossed.... For all that has this issue it looks like they figured it out - I hope I don't come back and have to write "sorry but it failed again"..

13mobiusLSV
09-21-2014, 10:27 AM
Keep us posted, mine is going in tomorrow for the wiring issue. They just re wired the grounds right?

kriley
09-21-2014, 05:16 PM
From what I can see that is all they did - they changed the digital cruise as well

kriley
09-23-2014, 07:36 AM
Keep us posted, mine is going in tomorrow for the wiring issue. They just re wired the grounds right?

Did they get yours fixed?? have you tried it out??

13mobiusLSV
09-23-2014, 10:31 AM
Did they get yours fixed?? have you tried it out??

They replaced the digital cruise earlier this summer which stopped the erratic plate movement. I still had wakeplate Gauge issues where it would move on its own as well. That's what they are working on this week. I pick it up Friday and will try it this weekend.

kriley
10-11-2014, 08:24 PM
Well the wake plate issue is not fixed!! I was hoping that it was but it still moves up on its own... 5th or 6th time I will have to bring it back in for this.... Getting tired of this issue....

kriley
10-20-2014, 12:57 PM
Took the boat to the dealer after SC told them to look for a pinched wire and replace the Wakeplate switch on the steering column. If this doesn't fix the issue I will have to have a very unpleasant conversation with the factory - I am done with having patience.......