PDA

View Full Version : Wanted

txnx
05-03-2006, 12:07 AM
Anyone have an old platform and/or the removable "C" brackets? I have a 97 outback and climbing/pulling/being pulled into the boat is a big ol' PITA. Any leads would be appreciated as well.

Dealer wants 75 bux a pop for the brackets alone.

thanks,

Fred

txnx
05-09-2006, 01:08 AM
c'mon, I read where all kinds of folks upgraded their platforms, no one knows where I can find a platform and/or the brackets?

Bump, heh...

txnx
05-10-2006, 10:10 PM
Ok, 52 views no replies, let me know what you got, I can prolly make just about anything work.

smokedog2
05-11-2006, 07:32 AM
It’s not that easy. Dropped platforms, lost platforms, stolen platforms and color matching are all an issue – Mine is red, and I like it. Have you looked for an aftermarket platform?

It is an unfortunate reality that BOAT stands for “Break Out Another Thousand.”

Attaching to the boat is not trivial either. I’m very sure no one with an operational boat is going to part with a swim platform, I cannot imagine getting on a boat from the water without one.

Good Luck,

SD2

Smrtz
05-11-2006, 10:18 AM
ya....hey just balance on the wake plate....snap!

NH Moomba
05-12-2006, 06:58 PM
If you google "swim platform", there are several places that sell teak swim platforms that can be made to fit your boat. The problem is finding the quick release brackets. There used to be a guy selling teak platforms custom fit for moombas on Ebay but they were made to bolt onto the old brackets. I almost lost mine when I first bought it (used) as it didn't have any hitch pins. I towed it all the way from NC with no problem. When I put it in the water and stepped on it, one side lifted up.

Andy

txnx
05-12-2006, 11:34 PM
well I appreciate the input, I have been googling, msn'ng, etc etc for a couple of months. With the constant little repairs I am having to make, the muffler seperating while out on the water being the most recent, repaired not replaced and now the impeller, replacing at the crack of dawn. I am on a budget and all the custom jobbies are up there in price. I have checked numerous junk yards on the net, locally and austin, tx. I missed the hurricane surplus by about a month. Oh well, have to buy the brackets new and build with polyboard.

I was just doing some reading here and saw that other member have "upgraded" to teak and was wondering what happened with the old ones.

A little background, I used to build custom import race/show cars and am quite handy. There has not been a repair or custom project out there that I have not been able to tackle, time right now is my worsed(sp?) enemy.

Thanks again guys,

T

txnx
05-27-2006, 11:36 AM
got the brackets, made a friend who happens to be licensed dealer with moomba dealer friends. built my own from there.

Thanks again to all those that tried to help.