PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Tank Keeps Filling Up

mdean22
09-05-2014, 10:24 AM
Hey Yall,

I have a 06 Moomba Mobius LSV. The passenger side bag keeps automatically filling up. I have moved the toggle switches in the down position, checked the lines for debris, and cleaned the filter to the lines like the manual said. It is still automatically filling. I noticed there is a 3rd toggle switch behind the first two to the right. I have pictures below. What else can I do to prevent the bag from just filling up automatically? Picture of the two toggle switches 20814 3rd Toggle Switch 20815

kaneboats
09-05-2014, 11:09 AM
You can try removing the sprinkler valves, taking them apart and cleaning them or just replacing them for about $14 at Home Depot. Or replace with Irritrol 700 series which seem to work a little better but cost a few bucks more. I would scrap them altogether and put in some extra pumps and check valves.

You can run a search on here on "sprinkler" or "Irritrol" and find out more info than you ever wanted to know.

mdean22
09-05-2014, 11:31 AM
You can try removing the sprinkler valves, taking them apart and cleaning them or just replacing them for about $14 at Home Depot. Or replace with Irritrol 700 series which seem to work a little better but cost a few bucks more. I would scrap them altogether and put in some extra pumps and check valves.

You can run a search on here on "sprinkler" or "Irritrol" and find out more info than you ever wanted to know.

What is the third thing toggle switch in the back? Should that be up or down?

kaneboats
09-05-2014, 11:51 AM
I don't know what you mean by "third toggle switch". Each valve has an "on" and an "off" position you set using the little black lever. I'm pretty sure "on" means "open". I think they are supposed to be in the "off" position so they only "open" when energized by the appropriate switch. If you trace the lines out you can figure out which valve controls the flow to your passenger side valve. At least remove and clean out that one and make sure the switch is in the "off" position. I have a couple extra of these valves laying around if you want me to send you one (you just pay shipping).

garyholl
09-06-2014, 07:17 AM
See how thevalve had a small black lever on the top? The first two have it in the same position but the third is hard to tell. Those override the electtical on/

garyholl
09-06-2014, 07:18 AM
Oops, on/off poisition. If the third one is down, then it will automatically fill. Check that.

VA LSV
09-06-2014, 10:26 AM
The 2 valves side by side should be for the rear bags and the 3rd valve should be for the center bag.