PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Moomba LSV Steering Cable Replacement - EOY Fluid Changing - Winterizing

smokedog2
09-04-2014, 07:06 AM
It needs to be done. The cable is $125 drop shipped. $500+ to install, $125 an hour. They are worried the cable is "attached" under the boat and pulling it will require a lot of disassembly and five hours.

1. Has anyone done an 04 - 06 and found the cable tied down? That would be just stupid.

2. I have not looked yet, if you have a good set of instructions a set here would be appreciated.

3. I'm the kind of guy that would cut off what I could reach and leave the rest as ballast if it is tied down. Is there space to run the cable if I did that or is there a choke point?

4. It is time to change all the fluids and winterize. I'll be looking for a video on that again as well if you were smart enough to save one of those as well. I pulled the plugs once, never again. Antifreeze for winterization here.

Oil change $175, Winterize $175, V-drive and transmission $80. I'd probably pay for it all this year but the cable part just sounds crazy. I do not make $125 and hour (after tax money) so, it sounds like great part-time work for me and the web. :)

SD2