PDA

View Full Version : 2008+ XLV in the Portland/Vancouver area?

trayson
09-03-2014, 04:46 PM
Does anyone have an XLV in the Portland/Vancouver area that I could come take a look at? I've been in a Mobious V, LSV's, and Mojo's. But I think my "dream boat" is an 08 or newer XLV. (love me that playpen bow).

I'd really like to see one in person though. Is there anyone around that has one that I could come look at to confirm whether that's a boat that I should continue to dream about?

Boonejeepin
09-03-2014, 05:33 PM
Wish I could help. I pulled the XLV down to SoCal from PDX last July.

I have to say that I love my XLV but it takes a ton of weight to get the surf wave that I want.

trayson
09-03-2014, 05:47 PM
Wish I could help. I pulled the XLV down to SoCal from PDX last July.

I have to say that I love my XLV but it takes a ton of weight to get the surf wave that I want.

I have to imagine that the surf wave is going to be better than my Sunsport, even with my surf system... would you agree?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVEUxfeWcsA

Let's say I was considering a 2008 XLV. are there any things that you'd advise me of that are weaknesses in the boat? Things I should be aware of?

bergermaister
09-03-2014, 05:59 PM
Try reaching out to 'Kaddy'. He's in the Felida/Salmon Creek area and last I heard stores his 07 XLV at the same place I do my travel trailer. Hmmm, may have to look for it next time I swing through there.

newty
09-03-2014, 10:53 PM
Kaddy moved to Spokane. I helped him get his boat in order before he left.

Boonejeepin
09-04-2014, 12:10 AM
I have to imagine that the surf wave is going to be better than my Sunsport, even with my surf system... would you agree?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVEUxfeWcsA

Let's say I was considering a 2008 XLV. are there any things that you'd advise me of that are weaknesses in the boat? Things I should be aware of?

"Better" is so subjective. I am happy with my XLV wave (with and without the ghetto gate).

Downsides are that the XLV likes higher speeds to get a clean wakeboard wake when loaded down (~3200 lbs of ballast @ 23-25 mph), a bit sensitive side to side with weight distribution, best surf wave still requires bags on the seats, the break/void where a cooler goes in the under seat storage on the port side eliminates the possibility of an Enzo style sac. These are my only complaints.

Other than the items listed above I love the XLV. Definitely upgrade the rear bags to 900s or 1100s and change the front bag to the 1180 gravity games bag.

Just for Trayson - The transom has some complex curves so a permanently mounted surf system would take some engineering beyond my abilities.

jmvotto
09-04-2014, 09:22 AM
ditto what russ said, I did add a 155 plumbed bag on the port side to give me a little extra weight ( like wolfies 370 mojo bag add on), but the cooler slot creates a void.

One positive on the xlv and the older pre 13 boats is that the v drive is covered and the engine and drive noise is much less that in a mojo and mondo with that opened up.