PDA

View Full Version : contact at SC?

blackcup
09-03-2014, 03:26 PM
Hey guys ... just wondering if anyone has a contact at SC that they would be able to share?

I have dragged my feet on this issue but I want to drop SC a line to see if there is anything that they can do.

I bought the Mojo back in the early summer and we were charged $25XX for PDI. When the boat arrived we did the water test and quickly found out that the tower was making a bad rattling noise. Dealer said he would fix it before shipping our boat to us. I called the dealer again before the boat was to ship to confirm it was fixed and he assured me it was and it was water tested. Once the boat arrived here, I dropped it in the water and the rattle was there immediately. It was not fixed. I contacted the dealer back and was livid. He said they screwed up and didnt fix it. They shipped me a bunch of washers from Extreme Towers along with a hand written note on how to install it myself!! :mad::mad:

Also, when the boat arrived, the tower speakers were still in the box (I had to wire/mount them myself) the tower racks were not installed and to top it all off none of the batteries were connected.

Now am I wrong in thinking that these things should have been included in the PDI? Normally when you buy a 65K boat those basic things would be done no?

I have tried to contact the dealer a few times to get a contact at SC but they wont reply.

I know SC won't give me any $$$ back but I am hoping that maybe they can do something to make the situation a little better.

Thoughts?

jmvotto
09-03-2014, 04:05 PM
http://www.skierschoice.com/

Skier’s Choice, Inc.
1717 Henry G. Lane Street
Maryville, TN 37801
Voice 865.983.9924
Fax 865.983.9950

ask for customer service, they are pretty good about getting right back to you. Sorry you had to deal with that issues, these boats should be ready to run day one..

patrick232
09-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Maybe Rick will chime in shortly on this. Please remember that boats aren't like cars and sometimes things happen on new boats. We are on our 6th boat 3 new / 3 used. Two new ones had a punch list at the end season to fix things. Minor things not to run to dealer mid season for. I would not have accepted a boat without the speakers installed, as a matter of fact I had then rewire the rats nest of speaker wire / LED wire before I would take the Mondo. This reminds me I have to call my dealer and see if I need to send the Bimini boot back since I received a replacement for the one that shredded itself.

muehlcj
09-03-2014, 08:09 PM
All new and used boats have issues doesn't matter if it's 65K or 140K. SC is a great company with great people. I'm sure they will be able to help.

Birdman
09-04-2014, 12:16 AM
i bout a brand new outback v this year popped an exhaust leek (felt gasket) paid for shipping and parts just because i didn't want to drive to the dealer an hour and a halve away to claim warranty(mid season) ((holidays)). point being these dealers should be more helping like i need to pay for even a fifty dollar gasket and shipping its a brand new boat thats why i bought it( not to deal with those things). maybe i should have been more stern but i guess thats how they make there money right.

RickT
09-04-2014, 10:44 AM
I will be glad to follow up with this situation. Yes, Tower speakers should have been installed by the dealer. Which dealer did you buy the boat from?

blackcup
09-04-2014, 01:32 PM
I will be glad to follow up with this situation. Yes, Tower speakers should have been installed by the dealer. Which dealer did you buy the boat from?

We bought the boat from Bay Marine in Trenton, Ontario Canada.

http://www.bay-marine.com/

spyder
09-04-2014, 01:46 PM
We bought the boat from Bay Marine in Trenton, Ontario Canada.

http://www.bay-marine.com/

and you're in BC?!

I've been to bay marine a few times, guys seemed nice... but trying to make calls to them for replacement parts are usually yeah, we'll look into and call you back... and they never do.

not a lot of options in Ontario though.

Jwredmon101
09-04-2014, 01:54 PM
I tell ya I had a awesome dealer in KY at Denny marine ... always gets right back to me and didnt even charge a PDI at all .. Im a sales consultant myself at a car dealership and I can say their service on my Mondo has been world class !

papou
09-04-2014, 02:23 PM
and you're in BC?!

I've been to bay marine a few times, guys seemed nice... but trying to make calls to them for replacement parts are usually yeah, we'll look into and call you back... and they

I purchased my 2012 LSV from them I wasn't charged pdi and the boat was tested but things didn't work when I got home 4 hours away it took 6 months to get it sorted out and calls never got returned.

spyder
09-04-2014, 02:34 PM
I purchased my 2012 LSV from them I wasn't charged pdi and the boat was tested but things didn't work when I got home 4 hours away it took 6 months to get it sorted out and calls never got returned.

sounds like them

jmvotto
09-04-2014, 03:07 PM
silver lake marine has been great to myself and a couple others on the forum and they are located in western NY.. may be your closest option.

http://www.silverlakemarine.com/includes/page.asp?page=20&sys=1&bhcp=1

this one may be closer to tenton ON in the states

http://www.canadalakemarine.com/albany_boat_sales_service_storage.html

blackcup
09-04-2014, 03:12 PM
and you're in BC?!

I've been to bay marine a few times, guys seemed nice... but trying to make calls to them for replacement parts are usually yeah, we'll look into and call you back... and they never do.

that's exactly what they are like. i had to call them over and over and over to get anything. even when the boat showed up it took me calling them to find out it arrived.

i bought in ON and shortly after placing the deposit found out I was moving to BC.

blackcup
09-04-2014, 03:13 PM

not surprised at all. i spoke with another guy on the forum here who warned me to stay away from Bay Marine but they were 45 mins from where I was living at the time and the next closest option was 4+ hours. Live and learn I guess

blackcup
09-05-2014, 12:32 PM
Just wanted to clear the air and let everyone know that this issue is from Bay Marine in Trenton Ontario and has absolutely nothing to do with my local Moomba/Supra dealer here in Kelowna (Martin Motorsports West Kelowna). I store my boat with Martin Motorsports now and they do all the maintenance/upkeep and they are top notch. I would recommend them to anyone and when it comes time to upgrade I will 100% be buying it through them. They were actually the first ones to call me after I posted this asking what was going on!! These guys are on their game.

They have fired off an email to the higher ups at Moomba on my behalf explaining the situation and getting some answers as to why this happened and what can be possibly done.

I will keep you guys updated on what happens but so far I have been thoroughly impressed with everyone!

slipperyrockTKE300
09-05-2014, 01:03 PM
Yes, please let us know how this evolves.

Unfortunate that it has become somewhat common place that one has to take to complaining on community forums in order to get things corrected.

I now have my Moomba serviced by the local Malibu dealer

sandm
09-05-2014, 02:13 PM
one of the downsides to assigned territories. I get why boat companies honor territory restrictions, however if they didn't, I'm sure it would cause a few to either tighten up their game when it comes to service before/after the sale or they would cease to be a dealer.

spyder
09-05-2014, 02:36 PM
one of the downsides to assigned territories. I get why boat companies honor territory restrictions, however if they didn't, I'm sure it would cause a few to either tighten up their game when it comes to service before/after the sale or they would cease to be a dealer.

bullshit really, i should be able to choose who i do business with. it's my money after all.

BamaMojo
09-05-2014, 03:11 PM

They should be careful, they are limiting a consumers ability for competitive trade. I wonder if the FTC would see this as price fixing.....

2012 Mojo

BamaMojo
09-05-2014, 04:02 PM
Yes, please let us know how this evolves.

Unfortunate that it has become somewhat common place that one has to take to complaining on community forums in order to get things corrected.

I now have my Moomba serviced by the local Malibu dealer

I now have a Nautique dealer as my service guys. It's a shame my local dealer doesn't care enough to have a good service dept.

2012 Mojo

sandm
09-05-2014, 04:17 PM
bullshit really, i should be able to choose who i do business with. it's my money after all.

you will find most all boat dealers have territories and if you are outside that area, they will refer you to the local dealer and take a cut of the sale for the 'referral'. it's expensive to set up a dealership, stock boats and hire staff. makes sense as a new dealer trying to make it in a new city could be undercut by a dealer in a large city moving a lot of volume and financed by deep pockets. it's a smart move on the boat manuf. part to help ensure they have a dealer network to support selling new boats and servicing what they sell. downside is that not all dealerships care about taking care of the customer.

you can find a workaround to buy from any dealer really, but remember that if you feel you are going to get better service/price 300 miles away, you still might have a warranty issue and it's obvious where you will fall in that local dealers priorities at that point, or you are towing 300 miles away.

granted this is only applicable for those that don't have several dealers within a few hours drive.

kudos for Rick for listening to the issues, hearing the side of the customer and hopefully taking the issues to the dealer and getting their side. this goes a long way to help strengthen them as a force in the boating community by improving the dealer experience or finding new dealers that share the same customer service values SC does..

slipperyrockTKE300
09-06-2014, 07:16 AM
I now have a Nautique dealer as my service guys. It's a shame my local dealer doesn't care enough to have a good service dept.

2012 Mojo

Boy do I understand this! Same in this area of Florida. I'm seeing more and more Moomba's and Supras being serviced at places who don't sell SC products.