PDA

View Full Version : Got to surf a few boats this last weekend....

saskyrider
09-02-2014, 08:32 PM
Well it was the last long weekend of the year and my family and a few others went out camping. got to ride behing a 2014 Wakesetter VLX all tricked out. What a beautiful boat!!! We attempted a surf bowl but my dad was not comfortable getting that close while driving so it didn't work out well.

I had never been behind buddies boat but he had been behind mine before so we set up for goofy on both boats then regular on both boats... went for a rip behind his then mine..

Set up --
VLX -- factory full, then he had added 750's on top of the hard tanks all full, wedge not used at all.
Mondo -- 750 rears, old 400 under seat behind driver, centre full, IBS full. Wake plate 3/4 up.

Impressions -- i have heard people say Surf Gate has no push and i couldn't disagree more!!! Awesome wave to surf behind and the auto switch was a lot of fun to try. His wave was a bit taller than mine but mine was longer than his. Overall we felt the waves were nearly the same as far as what a person could do behind them, but he liked driving my boat better, its super easy to dunk the nose on his VLX and we tried to dunk mine and never succeeded. The fit and finish on the Malibu is incredible but he was extremely impressed with the all aspects of the Mondo.

Now.. we disclosed what our final price after taxes were to each other and his boat was just over 40K more!! no joke. He had ridden behind my boat before but i had a large crew in that day and he never got to really look through it. Things he was really impressed with were the storage, depth and handling of the boat. I love the finishes in his and the bling certainly is nice but for that large of a difference would never consider it.

I had told him when he was looking to check out the Mojo but he never did, he told me that he regrets not looking closer now....

There was a G23 out on the lake and i'd never seen one up close before... my god what a behemoth!!! and the surf wave looked amazing as well. Guys in the boat were super nice and we pulled up and had a good chat with them.

all in all a fantastic weekend!!!

jester
09-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Great write up. Did you deploy the flow? 40K can buy a lot of boat gas and boat bling after the fact.

jmvotto
09-02-2014, 09:42 PM
Flow has great push on the mondo, got to ride my buddies this weekend and it works great, impressive wave for a 20 fter.

saskyrider
09-02-2014, 11:05 PM
Great write up. Did you deploy the flow? 40K can buy a lot of boat gas and boat bling after the fact.

Yes sorry we tried the flow in all 3 different settings and found the best wave with the furthest downward setting.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

saskyrider
09-02-2014, 11:06 PM
Flow has great push on the mondo, got to ride my buddies this weekend and it works great, impressive wave for a 20 fter.

Thats just it for a boat that is just 20 feet it does an awful lot!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk