PDA

View Full Version : party boats

alysha
05-01-2006, 05:43 PM
Hey,
I dont know nuch about boats.SO I hope you guys can help me out.I want to know if anybocy knows anything about those big boat where its set up for you to throw parties on.The kind that companys rent out.So if you can give me alittle info that would be great.
thanks

Wolf-
05-02-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Ed G
We'll be glad to help you out, but we need just a wee bit more info.

Ironically, despite buying that new outback, driving to AL Thr or Fri to look at a 2001 22' Sun Tracker Party Barge. Need something everyone can sit and eat on, cuzz they tain't be eatin' in the new boat. *grin*

Wife is none too happy with me though.
She asked if I was building a fleet for any particular reason.

smokedog2
05-03-2006, 08:22 AM
Admiral Wolf,

IMHO you want a four stroke engine. I'd be looking for a really deep discount without one. Those boats are often sold underpowered.

My 40 hp Honda 4 is 6 years old now and it starts every time.

I have three of the old mixed gas engines. One (6 hp) has been for sale for a year.

SD2

Wolf-
05-03-2006, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by smokedog2
Admiral Wolf,

IMHO you want a four stroke engine. I'd be looking for a really deep discount without one. Those boats are often sold underpowered.

My 40 hp Honda 4 is 6 years old now and it starts every time.

I have three of the old mixed gas engines. One (6 hp) has been for sale for a year.

SD2

This has a 4 cyl i/o in it. 130hp Chevy is my understanding.
Going to take it out and make sure its got the power to move the craft and possibly a single tuber.

smokedog2
05-03-2006, 02:33 PM
130 - you're fine.

Soon you will need kayak’s canoes, fishing boats, and a little catamaran .

SD2

Dave A
05-03-2006, 06:34 PM
Maybe she should call the Minnesota Vikings, they seem to know a thing or 2 about party boats.

james yarosz
05-03-2006, 07:46 PM
Are you talking about "Houseboats"? We rent an 80 footer every year for a week.

tlrowe
05-09-2006, 09:19 AM
Wolf,

I've got the 2000 model of that same boat. It's got the power and it's a great boat. Bought it new and only problem I had was a solenoid going out on the power trim. The only real issue I have with the boat is doing the maintenance. In 2000, Tracker didn't provide an easy way to access the motor, without standing on your head in the engine compartment. The newer boats have a side panel that opens providing the needed access. Not sure what year they changed.

TR