PDA

View Full Version : Impeller pump housing water hose connection

Will Watters
04-30-2006, 11:49 PM
I winterized my boat last year and removed my complete impeller housing. I am re-installing it now and while attaching the water hoses I want to make sure I attach them to the correct port/connection.

Quick question-Does the fresh water hose from the intake grate on the hull bottom connect to the lower port or top port on the impeller housing? I labeled that it goes to the top port, but I question my labeling now.

I have a 05 Mobius LSV with fresh water cooling.

Will.....

Nafplio
05-01-2006, 11:21 AM
Bottom hose: hull intake to v-drive cooler to pump. Top: pump to tranny cooler to intake manifold. Just replaced my impeller a few days ago. Boat went in the water on Saturday. Everything worked as expected :) . Water temp 52 degrees.

Smrtz
05-01-2006, 12:10 PM
yep water is still a bit chilli eh... here the river I go to is sitting somewhere between 48 and 54 . Air temps this whole week are supposed to be between 71- 73 so hopefully by this comming weekend things will be a bit warmer. would like to see water temps around 65ish before getting in!!

YellowMoomba0
05-04-2006, 03:04 PM
Man, I feel for you guys, Im in South Carolina... Air 85 water 74 to 76 for the the last 3 weeks. You guys gotta get down here

YellowMoomba0
05-04-2006, 03:04 PM
Man, I feel for you guys, Im in South Carolina... Air 85 water 74 to 76 for the the last 3 weeks. You guys gotta get down here

Smrtz
05-04-2006, 03:27 PM
Ok it was 78 here yesterday went out to the river with my old I/O (because my boat..still stuck in storage) the water was very warm I couldnt believe it... Supposed to finally get my outback tonight or tomorrow just in time for the weekend. I dont care how cold it is we are getting the boards shined up and the wet suits goin!!
Let the season begin

YellowMoomba0
05-05-2006, 09:04 AM
SMRTZ, I read in another thread you were asking about upgrading from Carb to EFI. I dont know anything about the cost. But I did want to ask, are you having problems with your carb?

Smrtz
05-05-2006, 09:38 AM
No, the boat is brand new (ok 50 hrs already) but you know how hind sight is 20/20..
I have found out since buying that there are certain advantages to having EFI over the carb. Thats why I was curious about the possibility of an upgrade.

gotmyboat
05-05-2006, 11:28 AM
SMRTZ - I just bought my Outback and got the 325EFI. I live at 5000ft and boat at Sierra lakes (5-7K ft) and in the Sacramento Valley (50 ft.) The EFI was a must for me, as I didn't want to have to rejet a carb every weekend. It is also a little bit more fuel efficient (every little bit helps.)

BTW - did you get your boat out of storage yet??

Dave

Smrtz
05-05-2006, 11:59 AM
Ya see I usually take my boat to the same place every time i take it out. the grand River which connects lake Ontario and Lake Erie. Always calm its perfect. I havent had any issues yet with the carb hopefully it stays that way for a while anyways!

As for the boat in storage.. No I still dont have it... burns me even worse every day I drive right by the place on my way home... Its supposed to be tonight the guy promised me. (after a battle on the phone) I feel bad for them if it isnt there and ready to go.

Ill be sure to keep everyone posted as to the outcome!