PDA

View Full Version : Fat Sac Placement?

cam813
04-30-2006, 06:53 PM
I have a 99 Mobius and wanted to know the best place for 500# Fat Sac. I see some people put it in the rear locker and some say not to because of the gas tank. Anyone have any input?

jburnside
05-01-2006, 09:36 AM
Do not place the sac in the rear storage compartment without adding a support structure over the PLASTIC fuel cell. I think most people are putting a sac on both sides of the engine or under the rear seat. Does your 99 have the plastic tank under the rear seat? We had a 2003 Outback LS that came with the tank regardless of how you ordered the boat (with or without factory ballast) You should also look at adding a sac in the ski locker if your boat has one. Try to have a 60 / 40 weight distribution from back to front.

cam813
05-01-2006, 10:08 AM
My backseat is all fiberglass underneath the cushion. It doesnt convert to a sun pad like the Outback. And I dont have a ski locker. Maybe a tube sac in the walk thru area?

jburnside
05-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Cam,
Looks like that's your only option. There are guys on this board who have added ballast to their rear lockers after adding a support structure. If you do a search I'm sure you will find something. Good luck.