PDA

View Full Version : outback V on rough water??

usa-alex
04-29-2006, 05:13 PM
I am considering the outback V and wondering how it will fare in rougher waters on busy weekend afternoons in a medium size lake??
I currently have a Mastercraft 19ft competition ski boat and we get beat to death in the chop.
Will the outback V fare do any better in your experienced opinions?
Thanks!

smokedog2
04-29-2006, 06:19 PM
I have an 05 on a 1000 arce lake. I do not have a problem.

SD2

usa-alex
04-30-2006, 02:53 PM
thanks for the reply, however I am wondering just how rough/hard the ride is in medium to heavy chop???
As I indicated the mastercraft really has a rough ride....drinks flying out of cupholders, sunglasses and cell phones bumping out of the boat etc...
I was hoping the deeper V and improved technology over the years will help with the newer ski boats???
Anyone else?

moombadaze
04-30-2006, 04:55 PM
usa-alex

i used to have a masterceraft 1994 prostar 190-very rough ride i agree
i currantly have a moomba v-drive lsv mobius---much smoother ride, but
it also depends on speed, if its realy bad slow down and put the trim tab
down. if you get the center ballast bag try filling it as it will put the nose
down and smooth the ride out a little more. keep in mind these are not
rough water boats.

stacy

jburnside
05-01-2006, 09:20 AM
Alex,
The ride will most certainly be better than you MC but it will still be a bit rough in really choppy water. We have an '05 Mobius LSV which is exactly the same as the new Outback V and we have never had any problems with stuff being bounced out of cup holders. We are on lakes that range from 350 - 1200 acres every weekend. You should go out and demo the boat on a weekend and see first hand. These boats have a double sidewall construction that really make rough water not seem so harsh. Good luck!

JoeTechie
05-01-2006, 09:47 AM
Also the larger boat (20.8') with the deeper vee in front will help a LOT in cutting the chop. You also sit lower, and the boat is heavier by about 600lbs, so more mass, thus making it harder to bounce around.

No boat is "fun" in a chop... but this one will be better than the other.

-Joe