PDA

View Full Version : How much of a premium would you put on a Gravity Games boat vs. the standard? (XLV)

trayson
08-13-2014, 06:52 PM
So, I find myself at work often dreaming about my "next" boat. One of the ones I dream about is the XLV because I'm totally in love with the playpen bow with the flip up backrests. And I'm sure I would get used to the extra room of a 23 over my 21 that I have now.

So, of course Moomba and Supra put out the "Gravity Games" edition boats. First off, what are ALL the differences with the GG editions?

Ballast System
I know that they G3 ballast system had center and two rear bags. And what did the G1 have, just a single center bag? From what I found online, it was 650 pounds for the G1 and 1950 for the G3. Logic tells me that the G1 then has a 650 center bag and the G3 has 3 of the 650 bags.

How do the pumps on the Gravity ballast systems work? how many pumps are there? Aerator? What's the GPH on them? I heard something about a manifold?

Graphics
I know that the GG boats have the cool graphics with the names of the various sponsors. I read something about a SS rub rail also (which I really don't care about).

Other differences
Were there any other differences? Did the GG boats come with PP standard? Did they have any other upgrades????

So, I certainly know that IF I got a GG boat, I'd likely want to upgrades bags and/or pumps. (I love surfing and would of course like fast fill/empty times). And as long as I get the right color scheme, the graphics aren't that important to me. Perfect pass or ridesteady is a MUST for me (with a paddlewheel since I do most my time on a river with current).

Therefore, what kind of "premium" should a GG boat command over a standard XLV? I would imagine that someone with the GG edition would most certainly ask more, but to ME, I'd like to figure out how much it's *really* worth. $1000? $2000? More? Less?

Anyway, I figured this might be an interesting topic, so let's hear from ya all...

Whitey
08-13-2014, 09:47 PM
Unless you are in love with the graphics not a lot.

jmvotto
08-13-2014, 09:58 PM
When I ordered mine I specifically went away from the gg edition, and got our own color graphics, tower etc. I would not pay much of a premium for unless you love the exterior appearance.

sandm
08-14-2014, 07:37 AM
several boating companies have offered this type of deal. the 2 others that come to mind quickly are the axis vandall edition and the brostock edition(don't remember the boat). I know that centurion has had a couple of wakesurf editions as well.
most are boats that have a few options as standard and some graphics that scream "I love these vendors".

my personal .02 is that unless you are getting paid to ride for said companies, why advertise their wares. supra had some boats in the mid-late 2000's that had vendor stickers plastered down the side just above the rubrail. never got that. sure it was some form of advertising relationship with the companies, but if that was my boat, first thing to get pulled off.. does anyone that doesn't understand boats know who roswell or indmar are? and it's not like you could have gotten a supra spec'ed with a pcm.

moombadaze
08-14-2014, 07:49 AM
would not pay any xtra for the gravity games package, I do like the XLV color's (white/black) but other than that its just a XLV to me

skiyaker
08-14-2014, 08:11 AM
it always makes me laugh when I see the "offical tow boat of the gravity games" sticker on my boat. When was the last time the gravity games existed?

rdlangston13
08-14-2014, 08:38 AM
The GIII on the xlv comes with a center 1180 lb bag and two 400 lb bags on either side of the engine I believe

jmvotto
08-14-2014, 09:26 AM
david, 650 comes in the center locker of gg, it was my first upgrade with the stereo.

here is the differences ( in a nut shell its what comes standard , which most people add anyway and color scheme and graphics) these are from 2012 the last year they offered it.:(

Gravity Games Edition Mobius XLV

The largest Moomba Mobius, the XLV measures 23 feet from bow to stern with a welcoming 16-person interior, but size is only part of the accommodation. The Mobius XLV is designed with simple yet usable details that raise the level of comfort way past value class. A playpen bow, rear facing pop-up lean backs, convertible lounge seating and a flip-up driver's bolster represent the thoughtful functionality and soft interior of the XLV. But don't let that fool you. This wakeboard boat is a tough competitor. The size of the boat lends itself to nice wakes, but Moomba capitalizes on that disposition with rider-centric features and options. Grow the weight and the wake to as much as 1450 pounds of displacement with the available Gravity III ballast system. Customize the wake shape for various water sports with a press of the Multisport Wakeplate lever at the dash. Even personalize the look of your XLV with the available V2 tower. This forward swept, powder coated cast aluminum tower changes the look of the XLV with a custom bimini and board racks, but it also adds to the boats functionality with spring assisted fold-down. And if you are still looking for more ways to stand out on the lake, choose Moomba's Gravity Edition package with maximum factory ballast, Digital Pro speed control and a head-turning graphics scheme. The Mobius XLV is big fun.

Don't underestimate the Moomba Mobius XLV Gravity Games Edition.

Gravity Features

The Moomba XLV has the best seats in the house reserved for as many as 16. A huge playpen bow, social lounge seating and flip-up rear-facing seats get everyone into the action.

The XLV driver’s area is designed for a “No worries” driving experience with a low profile dash and instruments perfectly placed in your sight line.

Standard with the Multisport Wakeplate, the Mobius Series gives you customizable big clean wake shapes right out of the box.

The V2 Tower package is available on all the Mobius models with spring assist fold-down for easy storage. Add Roswell tower speakers to amp up your riding.

Mobius XLV

The largest Moomba Mobius, the XLV measures 23 feet from bow to stern with a welcoming 16-person interior, but size is only part of the accommodation. The Mobius XLV is designed with simple yet usable details that raise the level of comfort way past value class. A playpen bow, rear facing pop-up lean backs, convertible lounge seating and a flip-up driver's bolster represent the thoughtful functionality and soft interior of the XLV. But don't let that fool you. This wakeboard boat is a tough competitor. The size of the boat lends itself to nice wakes, but Moomba capitalizes on that disposition with rider-centric features and options. Grow the weight and the wake to as much as 1450 pounds of displacement with the available Gravity III ballast system. Customize the wake shape for various water sports with a press of the Multisport Wakeplate lever at the dash. Even personalize the look of your XLV with the available V2 tower. This forward swept, powder coated cast aluminum tower changes the look of the XLV with a custom bimini and board racks, but it also adds to the boats functionality with spring assisted fold-down. And if you are still looking for more ways to stand out on the lake, choose Moomba's Gravity Edition package with maximum factory ballast, Digital Pro speed control and a head-turning graphics scheme. The Mobius XLV is big fun.

Don’t underestimate the Mobius XLV.

XLV Features

The Moomba XLV has the best seats in the house reserved for as many as 16. A huge playpen bow, social lounge seating and flip-up rear-facing seats get everyone into the action.

The XLV driver’s area is designed for a “No worries” driving experience with a low profile dash and instruments perfectly placed in your sight line.

Standard with the Multisport Wakeplate, the Mobius Series gives you customizable big clean wake shapes right out of the box.

The V2 Tower package is available on all the Mobius models with spring assist fold-down for easy storage. Add Roswell tower speakers to amp up your riding.

cornrickey
08-14-2014, 01:38 PM
I love my play pen, back rests front and back and the massive storage it provides. On my boats era the GG versions most notable difference that I would have liked isa powdercoated tower and a 4th trim color. I would recommend the ss rub rail. The decals are eye catching but I feel get "long in the tooth" quickly

trayson
08-14-2014, 01:46 PM
I love my play pen, back rests front and back and the massive storage it provides.

This is why I'm pretty much focusing on a few different boats as possibilities for the future. I really, really like the idea of the playpen with the backrests. And like you said, that basement storage. A lot of people tell me that a filler cushion is "good enough" but it just isn't the same for me. And it's likely my next boat will be a LONG TERM keeper for me, so I wanna get it right. it's focused me to a few of the Supras and the XLV. I like the overall seating layout of the XLV best, so it'll be at the top of the list. Although I'd consider a 21v or *maybe* a 24ssv. But that rear facing double seat is kinda different. If the 22SSV had seating in the rear that wrapped all the way around (why do they make it stop at the rear bench???), it would most certainly be a contender.

Bottom line is that a playpen and rear wrap around seating are a must have for my next boat.

I'm not actively shopping right now, because I really don't have the means to double or triple my boat investment. But I like to research and dream!

rdlangston13
08-14-2014, 01:51 PM
I love the play pen bows as well and am kind of disappointed SC has been getting away from them in all the new models

bergermaister
08-14-2014, 02:29 PM
Under the playpen there's not a whole lot of room for storage. Unless you have some small flat things. I have a couple smaller ballast bags rolled up and a hand pump stashed up there. Sometimes we stuff folding chairs in there if we're beach camping.

I'd vote to just enclose it with a hard tank under the cushions! Keep the basement locker though. Maybe keep a small compartment up front for ropes/anchor.

Come on RickT - 2016 Mojo with Playpen?

Trayson can plan to pick one up around 2020.

trayson
08-14-2014, 02:38 PM
Under the playpen there's not a whole lot of room for storage. Unless you have some small flat things. I have a couple smaller ballast bags rolled up and a hand pump stashed up there. Sometimes we stuff folding chairs in there if we're beach camping.

I'd vote to just enclose it with a hard tank under the cushions! Keep the basement locker though. Maybe keep a small compartment up front for ropes/anchor.

Come on RickT - 2016 Mojo with Playpen?

Trayson can plan to pick one up around 2020.

I have a playpen bow in my 92 Sunsport. It has two compartments under the front cushions. On the starboard side, I keep:

2 orange lift jackets
Box Anchor, anchor buddy, shore spike
Harbor Freight 130 piece tool kit
2 over the side ballast pumps
a couple sections of bow line

Under the Port side, I have 100 meters of climbing rope and a single inflatable tube.

Under the "walkthrough" section of my playpen, I have a pretty big built in cooler.

I think my boat has more freeboard than yours does Berg. I mean, the distance from the seats to the floor is pretty shallow, like they're child seats. I fit a pair of deep cycle batteries under my observer seat, so my seating up front is deep enough to handle that.

Hopefully an XLV will have that depth of cabin space that I've grown accustomed to...

sivs1
08-14-2014, 02:42 PM
The Bow on the new SE450 is massive. Has built in ballast tanks and room for storage.

bergermaister
08-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Now yer just braggin

Whitey
08-14-2014, 05:28 PM
On the 2008 and above xlv there is tons of storage under the bow playpen.

Whitey
08-14-2014, 05:28 PM
On the 2008+ xlv there is tons of storage under the playpen.