PDA

View Full Version : Flow for the XLV?

xBabyJesus
08-12-2014, 08:23 PM
Any word on putting the Flow on XLV? Is the transom shape compatible with the LSV system, or will there be a version available?

Thanks,
John

jmvotto
08-12-2014, 08:25 PM
Call sc let the know we want a retro fit for the xlv stearn

As of right now, no

They want us to buy a 2015 mojo

kaneboats
08-12-2014, 10:50 PM
They want us to buy a 2015 mojo

Yea, so what's the problem???

jmvotto
08-12-2014, 10:53 PM
No problem here, just sayin.....

996scott
08-13-2014, 10:48 AM
Yea, so what's the problem???

$$$$$$$$$ Now where did that tree go that grows all the money?

kaneboats
08-13-2014, 12:01 PM
It's not in my back yard. In fact, I've never even seen it.

jscott
08-13-2014, 01:59 PM
I would love to have it for my xlv please build it

Boonejeepin
08-13-2014, 07:35 PM
I would love to have it for my xlv please build it

Exactly!

I promise that I will be a new SC boat some day. Having the flow will be a selling point for the XLV when the time comes.

Win, win for SC. Take my $$$ for flow now and take my $$$ later after I can easily sell my flow equipped XLV to buy another new SC product.

jmvotto
08-13-2014, 07:40 PM
Plus one on the flow for the xlv

Whitey
08-21-2014, 12:07 AM
Has anyone actually called to see if SC even cares to make one. It is a little sad if they don't support. They made the XLV in 12' still.

Boonejeepin
08-21-2014, 12:21 AM
Has anyone actually called to see if SC even cares to make one. It is a little sad if they don't support. They made the XLV in 12' still.

A few of us have called. Not even a hint of hope from my conversation with SC.

The shape of the transom and the "spray pockets" would make a flow adaptor plate pretty tricky. There are a ton of complex angles and curves at the rear corners.

zabooda
08-21-2014, 12:49 AM
It would be cheaper to buy something out on the market and have someone modify the transom to make it work. Engineering a product for a limited market would be too cost prohibitive for both SC and the consumer.

saskyrider
08-21-2014, 10:59 AM
you guys should try building a "ghetto gate" There are tons of them and the moderator on the malibucrew forum even made a control box with GPS for having them go in when your above 7mph just like the actual surfgate..

I love all the innovation that has gone on with the additions of these new wake enhancement devices... i wish i could have tried one on my 2005 LSV before i sold it...

jmvotto
08-21-2014, 11:18 AM
A few of us have called. Not even a hint of hope from my conversation with SC.

The shape of the transom and the "spray pockets" would make a flow adaptor plate pretty tricky. There are a ton of complex angles and curves at the rear corners.

also, i think it would look pretty "clunky" on the the back since the build out would be so big.

Russ is the wave that much better than just slamming the boat, I love it it with 3 to 4k in the xlv.

trayson
08-21-2014, 11:52 AM
also, i think it would look pretty "clunky" on the the back since the build out would be so big.

Russ is the wave that much better than just slamming the boat, I love it it with 3 to 4k in the xlv.

I have a surf system on my boat and have ridden on other boats with surf systems (NSS, Surfgate, Flow, retrofitted NSS, retrofitted surfgate).

I really believe that what you will find with a surf system is one of these things:

you'll get a great wave and be able to run evenly weighted and possibly run less overall weight
you'll be able to make your wave cleaner and longer if you still run listed

It's rare that the wave with a surf system is going to be able to be made better than you can make it by slamming the heck out of a boat. Most of us don't have that goal as our endgame. For me, I run about the same amount of weight, but I'm able to distribute it evenly and swap from regular to goofy in under 10 seconds. my wave is probably equal or close to what it was when I double stacked my bags on the surfside and listed the heck out of my boat. For me, I would think there's probably a slight decrease in how clean my wave is, but it's a very minor tradeoff in the overall enjoyment and ease of use that it brings to our boating experience.

Hope that adds some perspective.

saskyrider
08-21-2014, 12:02 PM
I agree Trayson... my wave in my 05 LSV was a tiny bit bigger than my mondo but i was running stupid weight and there were only 2 guys i'd trust to drive my boat when it was slammed like that. Now all ballast is hidden, i have yet to take water over the nose (knock on wood) and anyone can drive it. Last week i was out with some kids and a 16 year old neighbor of ours at the lake. She just got her license and i threw her behind the wheel so i could surf... she had no trouble. I will say that the regular wave it perfect in my mondo, and my goofy wave can get a little wee bit messy but it does not affect my surfing at all... love the simplicity of switching sides. Id have friends that wouldn't come out for a session because i ride goofy and they didnt want to be a pain..

Boonejeepin
08-21-2014, 02:28 PM

My favorite wave on my XLV is still a listed/slammed wave. I run around 4k normally but have ran up to 5k.

Fortunately, I don't have any issues with taking on water. This may be due to my level of caution/comfort driving the listed boat.

Although, a surf system has many convenience factors.

jmvotto
08-21-2014, 02:37 PM
I agree Trayson... my wave in my 05 LSV was a tiny bit bigger than my mondo but i was running stupid weight and there were only 2 guys i'd trust to drive my boat when it was slammed like that. Now all ballast is hidden, i have yet to take water over the nose (knock on wood) and anyone can drive it. Last week i was out with some kids and a 16 year old neighbor of ours at the lake. She just got her license and i threw her behind the wheel so i could surf... she had no trouble. I will say that the regular wave it perfect in my mondo, and my goofy wave can get a little wee bit messy but it does not affect my surfing at all... love the simplicity of switching sides. Id have friends that wouldn't come out for a session because i ride goofy and they didnt want to be a pain..

saskyrider, whats your mondo setup , my neighbor just got one and just upraded the bags and ibs, so I would love to help him with a base line setup.

saskyrider
08-21-2014, 02:38 PM
Im running 750s in the rear lockers hard tank in floor and ibs bag up front... fpr regular fill it all and go... for goofy drain about 40% of non surf bag amd go.. wakeplate half to all the way up... 10 mph

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

jmvotto
08-21-2014, 02:40 PM
flow setiing or just play with it.

saskyrider
08-21-2014, 03:36 PM
I run with the flow all the way down. Honestly i haven't had a bunch of time for testing this year, when i get the opportunity to go i go!! But i would think that the deeper you sink the boat you might have to move up a setting. Some guys have got the 900's for the rear lockers and they will fit but it sounds like they bow the walls a little which i don't like... one other thing is i would check and maybe run the new axis nose bag as it has wider legs and there is def. more room than what the 650 ibs bag is using right now. Wakemakers has several different nose bags now