PDA

View Full Version : stuck in storage!

Smrtz
04-28-2006, 11:09 AM
I am so excited to get my boat back from storage. Bought in mid August, had it for about 6 weeks and then it was gone out of sight but certainly not out of mind...
So Im counting down the days, says on the storage contract if you want it on a certain day you have to give 2 weeks notice...which i did of course. So yesterday i dropped by the Marina just to make sure everything is going to plan... they proceed to tell me there are still too many other boats in front of mine so they cant tell me exactly when Im getting it back...

SWEEEEET!!! I said you know what thats cool Ive only been paying the monthly payments, storage, insurance for the last 6 months I havent even seen it, how about you guys just hold onto it until say september..cause I dont really care...

So they are now saying maybe wednesday of next week ...I told them they have till next Friday. or Ill go and move the other boats myself!

totally frustrated but, what can i do...at least I have you guys and this board!!

Wolf-
04-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Smrtz
...at least I have you guys and this board!!

You are so screwed it ain't funny... :P

Tis ok, I faxed a letter to my dealer this morning w/ list of "this shouldnt have broken in 8 hours". I'm waiting to see if they acquiesce.

Smrtz
04-28-2006, 11:24 AM
does anyone know things I should check when I get it back to make sure its ready for the first time out (besides the plug). Of course it was maintained properly in the fall but wondering if there is anything that has to be done with the ballast system ... anything like that...

Wolf-
04-28-2006, 02:08 PM
does anyone know things I should check when I get it back to make sure its ready for the first time out (besides the plug). Of course it was maintained properly in the fall but wondering if there is anything that has to be done with the ballast system ... anything like that...

1. Impellers dry out when not in use and a new impeller should be a spring item.
2. Fuel can get funky over the winter. So if not done in fall, change fuel filter/seperator if tank wasnt full, fill it and add an additive to get rid of water.
3. Oil and filter should be changed if not done in fall.
4. Check tranny fluid, color/level
5. Test the battery.

Wolf-
04-28-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Wolf-

...at least I have you guys and this board!!

You are so screwed it ain't funny...
Tis ok, I faxed a letter to my dealer this morning w/ list of "this shouldnt have broken in 8 hours". I'm waiting to see if they acquiesce.

Dealer called. Will drop it off tomorrow.

Smrtz
04-28-2006, 02:58 PM
Awesome Wolf

Ya Ill still be waiting for mine ... middle of summer...oh ya yje guy with the boat in front of yours has decided gas is too expensicve this year... we cant get it out for you

I cant wait!!

LOL

Catdog1
04-28-2006, 08:02 PM
$50 to the forklift driver?