PDA

View Full Version : Auto Bilge inop

mimoomba
08-11-2014, 08:40 AM
Hello,
Just found out yesterday that my automatic bilge is not working on my 2002 Outback LS. I can run it with the switch, but even lifting the float with my fingers it will not kick on. I can see it is an Attwood V500 pump that is in it now from the factory but am having zero luck findin it online. Has anyone else repalced there's, and if so with what?
Usually I take my boat out everday and never had a problem, but I put the boat in Saturday and it is staying in the water for 3 weeks.

jmvotto
08-11-2014, 09:46 AM
replace it with this from walmart , that what they use now.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sahara-500-Automatic-Bilge-Pump-12-VDC/11071160

jstenger
08-11-2014, 11:21 AM
Check for voltage at the plug by the pump. There should be three wires. One is a ground, one is switched positive from the helm, and one is constant positive from the battery. If you are missing the constant positive, then you have a fuse or wire issue.

Packman
09-09-2014, 05:43 PM
Having the same problem...you know where the fuse is located? Thanks

mimoomba
09-10-2014, 08:13 AM
Mine turned out to be just the power wire was corroded off the terminal. When I unwrapped the harness that was laying on the floor of the boat I found it hanging. I put a new connector on it, replaced another one that was looking suspect. Then taped each connector individually, and then all three together. I also relocated the harness so it is no longer sitting in the water all the time.

Packman
09-10-2014, 10:34 AM
Thanks....I'll check it out.