PDA

View Full Version : Xlv wake.. I'm stumped

powerstroke99
08-10-2014, 10:02 PM
Can't get the boat dialed in for the life of me to go rope less .. 07 xlv I got 750s in the lockers , stock center bag.. 800 and two old stock locker bags to move around boat any suggestions be awesome

BamaMojo
08-10-2014, 10:03 PM
Post a video of your session....

powerstroke99
08-10-2014, 10:31 PM
Post a video of your session....

How would one do that from cell phone

BamaMojo
08-10-2014, 10:50 PM
Upload to YouTube or vmeo, then post here

jmvotto
08-10-2014, 10:51 PM
What speed are you running and where is the wake plate set.?

powerstroke99
08-10-2014, 11:02 PM
What speed are you running and where is the wake plate set.?

Seems like 13 was the best speed.. Wake plate any where's from half to all the way up

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=C428ZXzU5Cw

brain_rinse
08-10-2014, 11:34 PM
Have you used gps to calibrate your speedometer? If not there are free apps that do the trick.

What board are you riding?

powerstroke99
08-10-2014, 11:38 PM
Have you used gps to calibrate your speedometer? If not there are free apps that do the trick.

What board are you riding?

I have actually never done that.. i have my perfect pass manual that should help me do that right?

its a liquid Force fish.. 5'

brain_rinse
08-10-2014, 11:51 PM
Yes the manual will show you the perfect pass speed adjustment and there is a knob under the dash to dial in the analog gauge if it's like mine.

There are others that will help you dial in the wake a little better, but you should be able to free ride that no problem as-is. Looks like that board is only rated up to 180 lbs?

Boonejeepin
08-11-2014, 12:08 AM
I would suggest 750 filled in v- drive locker. 800 along surf side seats, center bag full. 400 on floor toward surf side, and the other 400 on surf side of bow. 10.2 - 11mph, wake plate all the way up.

Maybe even try 200 lbs in offside v-drive locker.

BobP
08-11-2014, 07:52 AM
The wave looks surf able as is, but the other suggestions should improve it and give you a longer pocket. Remember front foot is gas rear foot is brake. From the video it looks like you are leaning quite heavily on rear foot. Also, the rideable pocket is probably much closer to the boat than you expect.

powerstroke99
08-11-2014, 09:27 AM
Yeah I'm hoping to take l the advice and give it another shot in the next few days.. I do agree on the board being a bit smaller then what I should be riding.. Inland surfers red rocket looks like more of a board for me!

jmvotto
08-11-2014, 09:42 AM
you can surf the red rocket behind a pontoon boat. seriously the wave looks pretty good, surfable. russ has some good advice . I have found that offside weight in the starboard locker should be max of 250lbs otherwise it gets washy.

Whitey
08-11-2014, 09:54 AM
The wave is very surfable. Looks to me like your board is just not the right size for you.

jmvotto
08-11-2014, 10:33 PM
P99,

I sent the emails through, good luck. You pm box is full FYI.

brain_rinse
08-11-2014, 11:06 PM
you can surf the red rocket behind a pontoon boat.
Ha ha, true story. Maybe even a canoe if you've got a strong driver.

trayson
08-13-2014, 12:54 PM
The wave looks surf able as is, but the other suggestions should improve it and give you a longer pocket. Remember front foot is gas rear foot is brake. From the video it looks like you are leaning quite heavily on rear foot. Also, the rideable pocket is probably much closer to the boat than you expect.

yeah, I could freeride that all day long. I'd say that you could certainly do some work to make the wave longer though.

That said, I think that focusing on the finer movements to keep yourself in the sweet spot would go a long ways. you've got the rope and that's your "safety net". it seems like it's tempting you to make the more aggressive slashes on the wake which in turn have you finding yourself out of the pocket and catching yourself with the rope.

Crawl before you run. Focus on being able to be able to stay in the pocket ropeless no matter what, being able to pump back into the pocket when you start to fall back, then add in the fun more aggressive moves knowing that you'll be able to recover.

I take a few seconds to allow the boat speed to settle in, then toss the rope and never use it again. Monday I was out on someone else's boat and they were a lot newer at surfing. We had a few instances where we had a bunch of rollers come at us from a boat passing the opposite direction and they were motioning to me asking if I wanted the rope back. I shook my head no, made sure I was right in the middle of the pocket, bent my knees and bounced over the rollers.

That confidence of knowing that you can freeride no matter what really goes a long way.

irish-racing
08-13-2014, 02:27 PM
I'm glad someone made this thread. I was getting ready to start the same thread. Having issues with my wave.

Doublea
08-14-2014, 05:44 PM
I had 10 XLV with upgraded 750's in the rear lockers. I would fill the opposite of surf side and fill the front, no wake plate 10.5 MPH. Had a really nice wake.

jmvotto
08-15-2014, 11:25 PM
I had 10 XLV with upgraded 750's in the rear lockers. I would fill the opposite of surf side and fill the front, no wake plate 10.5 MPH. Had a really nice wake.

Your boat didn't have a wake plate or you set it all the way down.