PDA

View Full Version : Leaving the Moomba Clan

Gharvin
04-27-2006, 05:00 PM
you guys are the best, but my outback is sold on saturday and the new supra will be picked up next friday. I want to hang around the site so don't hate me.

JoeTechie
04-27-2006, 05:45 PM
The Supra board is kinda dead - you will want to hang out here anyway. You are still in the Skier's Choice family! It's not like you went out and got an Incorrect Craft.

;)

-J

qb12
04-27-2006, 06:33 PM
Gary, I know the feeling and it kind of hurts. Did the same thing.

I must say Joe is correct. The supra site is pretty close to dead.

My friends are still over here.

Just remember you are still a part of the skier's choice family.

what did you end up getting.

Doug, tulsa

lowdrag
04-28-2006, 12:03 AM
Well, since we're confessing. I sold my Mobius and picked up my 21v around the middle of last month. I still hang out here more because the board seems to be a little more active.

JoeTechie
04-28-2006, 01:17 AM
They should merge the boards! Less upkeep. More total users. More replys to common questions, since a large percentage of the boats are the same between lines. etc, eyc...

Am I nuts ?

-J

Gharvin
04-28-2006, 07:23 AM
I got a 06 21v will post pics when I pick it up. I had a hard choice between the lsv and the 21v. At the boat show the wife loved the 21v so it was a free oppurtunity for me to move into the supra lineup. Once again my dealer has been great Alabamawatersports.com, I can not say enough about these guys! The supra board is pretty dead, I like to pass the time on the moomba board.

Smrtz
04-28-2006, 10:58 AM
Congrats on your new boat..

Like everyone else has been saying, regardless if you have one, had one or want one this board is the place to be.

We are all here for the "Moomba" ('Let's get together and have fun) experience!!

smokedog2
04-29-2006, 02:27 PM
Those Supra guys have to work more and post less to make the payments :)

I think they could pull the boards together as well but marketing would likely have a cow. Toyota & Lexus, Honda and whatever, they do not play together.

GE values the meatball (the little round GE) at $1,000,000,000 on the corp books.

If it were me I would let the user decide to view either together or separate - but then I'm customer R/T meatball focused.

It is unlikely that a Supra buyer is going to have an attitude toward Moomba. Those folks buy MC or CC.

I just got back from a week at Kiawah Island SC. Talk about TM value. I was so out of place. One Fairfield Inn after another on the beach. $2 for salt & pepper. Near as I can tell the place was designed to move money from the rich to the poor. 100’s of empty monoliths with contractors swarming around with paint, window cleaning, bug spraying, grass cutting, gutter cleaning and otherwise fighting the jungle. Easily 10 contractors for every resident.

No hill training, the place is 8” above sea level.

SD2

Oh, Kiawah is absolutely beautiful. If I hit the lottery, a Supra and a beach house in Kiawah are on the list.