PDA

View Full Version : Tach goes haywire

pls4912
04-24-2006, 06:38 PM
Anyone have this happen to them? When crusing at about 2,500 RPMS, tach starts bouncing around up to 4K. When you tap on it, it goes back to normal for a few seconds then starts again. Probably a loose wire or something, but havent had time to check it out. Just wanted to see if anyone had any pointers.
Thanks,
Phillip

Oh, its a 2005 Mobuis LS.

pss3757
04-25-2006, 10:23 PM
any other recent problems with the boat...any battery problems?

have you had to jump start it recently, or had a dead battery, or charging problems?

Sound like it could be a voltage regulator problem on the alternator, or somehow the tach got shorted. If all else fails, replace the tach.

ps

YellowMoomba0
04-26-2006, 03:39 PM
My Tach fried after doing that because the ignition wire behind the key was lose. But also my boat was trying to shut off and then refire because that wire was not completely disconected. If your boat is not running bad then I would not know what shot the tach like that. Good Luck

YellowMoomba0
04-26-2006, 03:40 PM
My Tach fried after doing that because the ignition wire behind the key was lose. But also my boat was trying to shut off and then refire because that wire was not completely disconected. If your boat is not running bad then I would not know what shot the tach like that. Good Luck