PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal?

gapman
04-24-2006, 06:20 PM
Is this a good deal for a 06 Mobius LSV with the following options:
- Performance Package ( Indamar Assault MPI 325hp, Hydraulic Wakeplate, PerfectPass Wakeboard Pro )
- Appearance Package ( Docking Lights, S.S. Rubrail, Laser-Etched Cleats, Guide Pole Covers)
- Radacage Cover Bimini Top
- Tonneau Cover
- Cockpit Cover
- AM/FM CD MP3 w/Remote (Sirius Ready)
- Amp, 4 Channel
- Tower Speaker/Light Bar Combo (4 Speakers)
- Depth Finder
- Gravity III Ballast ( 1 Front Bag and 2 Rear Bags )
- Wakeboard Racks

$41,550 (then I have to pay my sales tax on top of this)

JoeTechie
04-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Sounds about right. I'd add a water strainer.

-J

Roachman
04-25-2006, 12:23 PM
I think it is a little high. You should be able to get that price for driveout. I have about the same options on my new 06 LSV plus a Tandem trailer for drive out of 39,750. Of coarse I traded my old boat in which saved me about 1500 in tax so i thinl you should be able to drive out for around 41,500. I think missing the boat show specials hurt your price.

gapman
04-25-2006, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by JoeTechie

Sounds about right. I'd add a water strainer.

-J
What does the water strainer do?

Roachman so you're saying $41,500 including taxes and everything? Where did you buy your boat from?

Anyone else have any ideas if this is a good deal, I need to get back to the dealer by this Friday.

clark
04-25-2006, 10:26 PM
The water strainer is between the water intake and the engine. It keeps trash out of the engine. It is worth getting. It is only $145. Get the dealer to throw it in. If you are spending that much, surely he can afford to give you that.

Clark

gapman
04-25-2006, 10:28 PM
Sounds like a good thing to have, I will ask to see what the dealer can do. Anyone else have any suggestions or insight on this deal?

clark
04-25-2006, 11:04 PM
I was wrong on the price.... Is $125 retail. Another must for me when I ordered mine was a flush kit. This is $145. This allows you to hook up a regular water hose to the motor to start the boat out of water. This too I got the dealer to throw in. Sure beats cramming that pole contraption underneath the boat.

$45,230 is what the configurator says is the MSRP on your boat, if I added everything, and you mentioned everything. $41,500 is not discounted very much. I bought mine in 2005. The MSRP on it was around $42,000, and I paid $34,500. You should be able to get it between $38k - $39k, then add tax.

I did buy mine at the boat show and the incentives were from Skiers Choice, not the dealer. My dealer gave me upgrades like the 325 EFI engine, Flush kit, water strainer, guide pole covers (they do have the dealership's name on them). Make the dealer give you some stuff.

Good luck, and you will love the Mobius.

Clark

JoeTechie
04-26-2006, 01:53 AM
The incentives bring the price down a good amount, they are not in effect anymore. Also, I belive that the dealers pay part of the incentive - so they are doing part too. Price and deals vary from dealer to dealer, what part of the country, time of year, dealer stock, phases of the moon, etc, etc, etc. I think 10% is a really good deal, if you got 20% - that is much better than the average around here. Previous year boats are always the best deal, then the incentive season, then just lucky days (dealer needs to pay rent, etc).

Hope this helps,

J

Gharvin
04-26-2006, 08:13 AM
i think if you found a mobius lsv on the lot it is worth it, i hear a lot of dealers are running out of them. you don't want a boat for labor day.

gapman
04-26-2006, 09:18 AM
Clark,

That sounds about right, I will have to get in touch with dealer to see what they can do with the numbers and what else he will throw in. I really wanted to go for the tandem trailer but I gave that up to reduce some of the weight of the boat and trailer, but I thought I should of been able to get that too with the price the dealer is quoting me. I have Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD package, max tow capacity is 5000 lbs. so I figured not going for the tandem trailer would assure me that I will stay under this limit. I would like to see the dealer get the price of the boat to about 38k - 39k with the additional "throw-ins" you are suggesting, this sounds about right to me from quotes that I have received from other dealers.

clark
04-26-2006, 10:09 AM
Good luck,,, I hope you can come to an agreement. You will love the boat.

Clark

Roachman
04-26-2006, 03:34 PM
I ordered my boat in Houston but think I could have gotten a better deal in a lake community like Austin or Dallas. I agree with what the others are saying that if you can find a boat on the lot you will get a better deal then ordering one(dealers are more willing to get rid of their inventory). I ordered one in Feb but still have not recieved it. They said it would be 6-8 weeks and now it is looking like 12 weeks.

Also do you guys get emails when someone responds to one of your post or do you have to just check it each day?

Smrtz
04-26-2006, 04:07 PM
Hey Roachman you can go into your control pannel and say if you want emails to come to you when someone replys to your post or not. generally it will only tell you if the thread was started by you.

Thanks