PDA

View Full Version : Outback V Tower Bolt at Base

cke66edy
08-04-2014, 05:52 PM
Hello, all. First post. 2014 Moomba Outback V purchased in June. I love it. I noticed my bolt on the Star side was poking about half way out toward the boat. It has a cross screw pattern. I tried to screw it in but it won't budge. Banged with a hammer....no movement. Any suggestions? Dealer not handy. Thanks for your help.

North Woods Mobius
08-05-2014, 12:17 AM
It's funny reading this, because I noticed exactly the same thing yesterday on my '14 LSV (we picked it up brand new in May). I've already got 32 hours on it, but I noticed the same thing which made me wonder if it supposed to be that way or if this has somehow managed to slowly come loose over these first hours on the boat. Mine is also on the starboard side, but I haven't tried to tighten it since I am not sure if it's supposed to be sticking out 1/4 of an inch or flush with the tower base...... for what it's worth, the cable that supports the EZ lift Oz tower has snapped or otherwise become detached and doesn't work. Might these 2 issues be linked...?

cke66edy
08-05-2014, 08:24 AM
The bolt on the other side is flush with the tower so I'm assuming it's not supposed to be sticking out. I'm not sure what cable you are referring to... I am going to try to lower the tower this weekend and take a look underneath. I have not lowered the tower yet...hopefully not a hassle.

mcdye
08-05-2014, 08:48 AM
cke66edy,
The bolt should be flush with tower. Get some assistance and loosen the tower lowering knob to take some pressure off the bolt on the front of the tower base and try to screw it in some more.

North Woods Mobius,
I have only seen the EZ lift on the port side. Might want to check to see if the spring has popped off the mount point. The cable on the starboard side is the stop cable for lowering the tower.

Birdman
08-05-2014, 07:37 PM
on my 13 my tower wiggled and made noise until i tightened those right up and when there tight they don't sit flush i think the right one pokes into the boat and the left one pokes out towards the water or the other way around can't remember but I'm pretty sure when there tight the end of the bolt will stick out 1/2 inch or its not fully threaded also.

jstenger
08-05-2014, 08:09 PM
cke66edy,
The bolt should be flush with tower. Get some assistance and loosen the tower lowering knob to take some pressure off the bolt on the front of the tower base and try to screw it in some more.

North Woods Mobius,
I have only seen the EZ lift on the port side. Might want to check to see if the spring has popped off the mount point. The cable on the starboard side is the stop cable for lowering the tower.
It may also help to have the assistant stand under the front of the tower and lightly lift up to take pressure off the bolt.