PDA

View Full Version : IBS venting hose?

blackcup
07-28-2014, 01:22 AM
Oops meant to say "drain" hose in thread title.

So ... Installed the IBS system from Wakemakers over the weekend and noticed that the drain hose is connected to the top of the bag. It drains fine but is that normal? Seems weird to me to have a drain on the top of the bag.

The problem I have with it is when it is full, the 90 degree elbow on the drain hose prevents the front seat from sitting flush.

Any ideas?

jmvotto
07-28-2014, 07:17 AM
You should be able to drain it from either leg.

jstenger
07-28-2014, 09:07 AM
Oops meant to say "drain" hose in thread title.

So ... Installed the IBS system from Wakemakers over the weekend and noticed that the drain hose is connected to the top of the bag. It drains fine but is that normal? Seems weird to me to have a drain on the top of the bag.

The problem I have with it is when it is full, the 90 degree elbow on the drain hose prevents the front seat from sitting flush.

Any ideas?
You were correct in the title. That is the vent hose, unless you hooked up your hoses wrong. The hose just below that at the bottom of the bag is the fill/drain hose. Make sure you have the fill/drain hose in the correct spot. Some guys live with the seat popping up, others will actually drain some of the water out so that the seat goes flat. Are you venting from the nose of the bag or the top right rear leg?

moombadaze
07-28-2014, 09:10 AM
vent on top, fill/drain on bottom. my seats and cup holders pop up. I just live with it when surfing

gregski
07-28-2014, 10:49 AM
I too live with the seat and cup holders popping up. If you have people sitting up there, that will keep the seats down - otherwise, I want all the weight I can get.

The cup holders have a drain connection which was not used on Moombas. It is pretty sharp. My cup holders were pretty securely attached, so I broke the adhesive tape free and ground off the drain nipple. Just breaking the adhesive free would have been fine.

ninedriver
07-28-2014, 11:24 AM
Follow up question. Are guys venting from top of the nose or the top of the right rear leg?
Who's doing what and why?

Woody929
07-28-2014, 11:47 AM
I vent from the top of the starboard leg because that is the closest spot to the thru hole. I do on occasion loosen the plugs at the top and port legs to let air out if I feel there is air in the bag. Only takes a few seconds, and I'm not worried about it enough to install/move my vent.

mikenehrkorn
07-28-2014, 11:48 AM
I followed Joe's model and am venting from the nose -- never had an issue with either the filling or emptying. And with the check valve these bags both empty completely flat and better than my rear locker bags that don't have check valves!!

gregski
07-28-2014, 12:02 PM
I vent from the nose. I figured that it would be the high spot, especially underway. The vent line from my center bag reached the nose of the IBS so it was really easy.

moombadaze
07-28-2014, 12:25 PM
vent from the drivers side leg, we only surf, so that made sense as it would end up being the high spot

blackcup
07-28-2014, 12:34 PM
AHHH ok great ... yes I am venting from the top on the drivers side. I hadn't heard anyone mention that their seat pops up so I wasn't sure if my setup was normal.

All is good :D