PDA

View Full Version : Mojo - rear stock ballasts fully drain?

blackcup
07-26-2014, 02:40 AM
Just curious ... I noticed today that my stock 650 rear bags dont fully drain ... they probably have 10% left in them after the LCD shows nothing left. They are heavy enough that I can't move them around or lift them up.

Is this normal? Are they supposed to be completely empty?

patrick232
07-26-2014, 07:47 AM
You might have to change the timers, the screen doors not show what's in the bags, just count down of the timers

gscharf
07-26-2014, 08:45 AM
Check timers. My OBV seems to take a little more time to drain then fill. If the mojo does not have a check valve you may want to consider adding one on your vent line. I am leaning towards timer because if you still have that much water in the bag it is not likely to be losing its prime.

marman
07-26-2014, 09:04 AM
I have the same issue. I have installed check valves to assist in draining. I have played a lot with timer settings with no luck. I agree it seems to take more time to drain than fill. I actually changed them back yesterday to a shorter time so the on screen indication matches to the bag, e.g. 1 to 1. I did have them set longer so they would run longer during the empty process. But with them set this way I didn't really know when they were 1/4 or 1/2, etc.. I would have to guess. IMHO it is easier to have everything 1 to 1 when switching from wake boarding to surfing. I end up having to run the empty cycle again on the boat ramp. This gets all but a small amount out. I do think the check valves help. I think my issue may be that the bags are getting "wrinkled" up near the drain port and it blocks the water flow a little. I have the 900 Sumo's.

blackcup
07-26-2014, 11:24 AM
Ok sounds good I will play around with the timers and see what that does.

I am putting the Sumo 900s in today. What do you guys usually change the timers to after install?

jstenger
07-26-2014, 11:42 AM
I always turn the pumps on one more time after the empty time is done. They run for about 45 seconds and shut off automatically.

mmandley
07-26-2014, 12:14 PM
A lot of this is due to the rear port on the bag. It doesn't sit on the floor. It's up an inch or so. Once the water get below this you get air. Also of the boat is ruled tilted forward from people or ballast then it won't drain completely.

We are always hit the drain a couple times on the ramp as well. I find my hard tank is the worst at not draining.

marman
07-26-2014, 04:20 PM
Ok sounds good I will play around with the timers and see what that does.

I am putting the Sumo 900s in today. What do you guys usually change the timers to after install?

I changed mine to 7 min yesterday. They were at 9 min. 7 min may be a little too low. I didn't see water running out the vent. 7:30 may be closer if you want them to be absolutely full. I did peak at them at they looked full though.

blackcup
07-28-2014, 01:14 AM
A lot of this is due to the rear port on the bag. It doesn't sit on the floor. It's up an inch or so. Once the water get below this you get air. Also of the boat is ruled tilted forward from people or ballast then it won't drain completely.

We are always hit the drain a couple times on the ramp as well. I find my hard tank is the worst at not draining.

I took my stock 650s off today and my drain hose was connected to the top of the bag and the fill was at the bottom. Does that make any sense at all?

blackcup
07-28-2014, 01:16 AM
I changed mine to 7 min yesterday. They were at 9 min. 7 min may be a little too low. I didn't see water running out the vent. 7:30 may be closer if you want them to be absolutely full. I did peak at them at they looked full though.

I guess the Sumo 900s don't have an air release of any kind? I filled mine up and after about 6ish minutes they looked like the were ready to burst if I let them go any longer. I don't have much experience with these but it seemed like the top portion had some air in it and not water.

jmvotto
07-28-2014, 07:21 AM
The fill and drain hose are the same, the hose at the top of the bags are vent hoses.

moombadaze
07-28-2014, 08:40 AM
suggestions: set your timer about 30 seconds longer than it needs to be when filling for the rears. you should have a good steady stream of water out the vent port on the side of the boat. the bag then should be 100% full. add a one way valve to your vent line (from wakemakers) then when it empties it will run a little longer than needed. doing this and my rear bags are about 99% empty, just a few drops left in them.

now that hard tank in the bow is another story. never gets empty unless we park on the ramp and usually have to hit the empty 2-3 times more for it to finally stop emptying water out

blackcup
07-28-2014, 12:43 PM
The fill and drain hose are the same, the hose at the top of the bags are vent hoses.

ok thanks ... makes alot more sense now :D

blackcup
07-28-2014, 12:44 PM
suggestions: set your timer about 30 seconds longer than it needs to be when filling for the rears. you should have a good steady stream of water out the vent port on the side of the boat. the bag then should be 100% full. add a one way valve to your vent line (from wakemakers) then when it empties it will run a little longer than needed. doing this and my rear bags are about 99% empty, just a few drops left in them.

now that hard tank in the bow is another story. never gets empty unless we park on the ramp and usually have to hit the empty 2-3 times more for it to finally stop emptying water out

OK will try this out today!