PDA

View Full Version : Board Suggestions

uniwarking
07-24-2014, 04:10 PM
As some of you may know, my family just got into wakesurfing this year. We're currently using a 2013 5'4" Hyperlite Broadcast. The board is okay for my brother and I... We're both 6' ~215lbs and we can free ride behind the Mojo for miles. My wife and his wife are both 5'6" ~130lbs.

My wife's birthday is fast approaching and I thought a more appropriately sized board would be a nice gift. I'm assuming this would help her progression.

I have no real board shops here in Iowa that I'm aware of. We just have a big box retail place, Scheels.

Any suggestions for a solid board to fit her would be greatly appreciated. We're not set on surf or skim and I'd like something that won't break the bank.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uniwarking
07-25-2014, 10:20 AM
Any suggestions here guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bergermaister
07-25-2014, 12:13 PM
Inland Surfer Squirt has been my favorite for a few years. 5' board. I'm 210(ish) and 6'3 and can ride all day. My daughters are in the same size range as your wife and can ride it all day. Also fits in a wakeboard rack. If you can find a blem somewhere I'd jump on it. Mine was a blem but when it came out of the box I couldn't find a single thing wrong it with. It's more of a skim style than surf. Faster than the HL Broadcast, and other similar starter boards I've ridden and not a bank buster.

Just picked up another surf style board (Secret Weapon) but hasn't touched the water yet so I can't comment. Also a smokin deal (demo board) that looked basically brand new coming out of the box.

Brodar68
07-25-2014, 02:14 PM
We like the Phase 5 boards. Look on their site for the weight limits of the boards, however, I think they are conservative with their weight limits as most will hold heavier people than what they have posted. We have an Oogle for the adults and a Scamp for the kids. Friends have a P5 Icon for his wife and they love it.

blackcup
07-26-2014, 02:52 AM
FWIW ... We have the Byerly Buzz (https://www.byerlywakeboards.com/product-detail.php?id=gear-buzz) and it is a 4'8" board. My wife has only 4 days on the board and she is ripping up and down the wave like a pro without the rope. It's pretty insane really.

I am really struggling to just ride ropeless on the same board ... so I am thinking it might be a little too small for me? I'm 6' 180lbs.

But she absolutely LOVES that board.

wolfeman131
07-26-2014, 07:48 AM
There are a few boards out there that are lady-specific that you might want to check out. The IS Caro, Phase 5 Luv & Victoria Pixie are all skim style and sized right.

Soulcraft has the largest selection of surf style with the AV Inspire, the Emily and the DTKB models. Erie wake just released the Ashley Kidd pro model.

If you want to try an Inland Surfer, I have a Tako from the Southern Surfest event that I can make you a sweet deal on.