PDA

View Full Version : Wakemakers order arrived ... no install guides?

blackcup
07-22-2014, 07:56 PM
Just wonderin if this is SO easy that they don't even give you install guides??

Bought the Sumo 900s and the IBS 650.

BamaMojo
07-22-2014, 08:09 PM
Heat the lines with heat gun, slide in quick connectors and put clams on. Same process with check valve.You will need screwdriver, heat gun and 45 mins. The is a how to on forum search mojo or IBS. Check your inbox.
Check here:
https://forum.moomba.com/showt...t=mojo+ballast

2012 Mojo

blackcup
07-22-2014, 09:38 PM
Great thanks for the info/PM ... link doesn't work though ... looks like part of the URL is missing!

blackcup
07-23-2014, 12:22 PM
BUMP

talked to WM chat today and they kindly informed me that there are no instructions but I could call them duing business hours for a walk through while I am doing it.

Is that for real? I can't imagine a company shipping something without at least basic instructions.

I did a search for the link that BamaMojo posted above but can't find it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Would like to start this tonight.

Thanks

bergermaister
07-23-2014, 12:27 PM
Send mmandley a PM. He's an awesome guy, got a pimped/loaded 2013 Mojo and is tight with WakeMakers. He will definitely hook you up. Works some long shifts so you may not get an immediate response.

jstenger
07-23-2014, 02:25 PM
BUMP

talked to WM chat today and they kindly informed me that there are no instructions but I could call them duing business hours for a walk through while I am doing it.

Is that for real? I can't imagine a company shipping something without at least basic instructions.

I did a search for the link that BamaMojo posted above but can't find it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Would like to start this tonight.

Thanks
Sent you a PM.

parrothd
07-23-2014, 03:08 PM
What kind of instructions did you expect, it's a custom setup... There's no way they could provide that. Check out wakemakers website and videos, that should get you started. If you need more call them and/or you can search the forum here.

brain_rinse
07-23-2014, 08:07 PM
Wakemakers will walk you through your specific install needs, or you can search and ask questions here. These are custom upgrades so an install sheet doesn't really make sense. Almost every install is different.

blackcup
07-24-2014, 04:49 PM
Yah makes sense about the custom install. I was thinking more along the lines of the IBS because from what I read it was a direct connection for the Moombas so I thought they would have instructions as there are quite a few fittings.

I started on the rear bags and quickly noticed that they had only sent me 1 fitting per bag ... when they stated in their email it should have been 2 per bag. Then I noticed that my packing slip said 1" x 3/4" but the fittings I got say 1" x 1". Contacted Spencer and they are sending me the new/correct fittings.

Hoping that I have everything that I need for the IBS install and that they didn't mess that order up too. Here is a pic of what I have. To anyone who has done this install before does it look about right?

http://s4.postimg.org/6jcwx2gcd/ibsfittings.jpg

mikenehrkorn
07-24-2014, 04:58 PM
You are going to need a check valve and two additional clamps (for that valve) as well or your bags will not drain very well

blackcup
07-24-2014, 05:18 PM
You are going to need a check valve and two additional clamps (for that valve) as well or your bags will not drain very well

just got off the phone with spencer and everything is here. I asked him about the check valve that you mentioned and he said they dont include it when coming off a hard tank because it is not needed and could possibly collapse the factory hard tank.

Did you use a check valve?

jstenger
07-24-2014, 06:44 PM
I tried the IBS with and without a check valve. The difference was minimal for me.

blackcup
07-25-2014, 02:03 AM
IBS installed ... piece of cake. Thanks to Joe (jstenger) for the detailed instructions w/ photos. Made life a lot easier. Takin 'er out on the water tomorrow ... can't wait!!