PDA

View Full Version : Head unit error message "OVERLOAD"

tarheelskier
07-18-2014, 10:38 AM
In our '12 OBV we have the stock head unit, a Sony cdx m60ui. We have always run an ipod/iphone through the ipod connection to the USB jack, with no issues. This season we are getting an "OVERLOAD" error message when connected to an iphone 5s, but it will play an iphone 4s. This has happened with multiple iphone 5s, so is this HU just not supporting new technology, or is something else going on here?

With all these new boats, has anyone else experienced this?

smorris7
07-18-2014, 10:45 AM
This is an IPhone 5s issue not the HU. You will need to use the headphone jack with the 5s and find a new charging source.

mikenehrkorn
07-18-2014, 12:49 PM
This is an IPhone 5s issue not the HU. You will need to use the headphone jack with the 5s and find a new charging source.

Really?? I have an old ipod that I normally use but I'm almost sure that I have used my iphone 5S before as well.

tarheelskier
07-18-2014, 03:05 PM
Agreed, dont want to lose the abilty to control from the remote also. Looked up the owners manual for the HU and this is what it had to say:

"USB device is overloaded.
- Disconnect the USB device, then change the source by pressing source.
- Indicated that the USB device is out of order, or an unsupported device is connected. "

Not exacly helpful, but the line about the unsupported device is the one I am worried about.

smorris7
07-18-2014, 03:23 PM
Really?? I have an old ipod that I normally use but I'm almost sure that I have used my iphone 5S before as well.

iPhone 5 audio is not compatible with the old usb. It will charge but no audio.

Woody929
07-18-2014, 03:26 PM
I've used my 5 (not 5s) plenty of times without issue

nelswhytry
05-31-2016, 10:38 AM
Has there been any update on this with the stock Sony HU? I have a iPhone 6s and when plugged into the USB it states "no music". It does charge the phone, but no audio.

Woody929
05-31-2016, 10:59 PM
This was an old one. We did use a couple of iPhone 6 phones without issue, I just sold the boat in April though