PDA

View Full Version : jamboree forecast

waterboy
04-17-2006, 09:34 AM
Weather forecast for this Saturday is sunny and a high of 87. Let's hope it's not as breezy as it was last year!

Although maybe one of the reasons the water was so rough last year was because of ALL THE BOATS! :p

See everyone on Saturday............

Brian

Smrtz
04-17-2006, 10:41 AM
Hey Ed,

Your dog like being in the boat??

My Border collie HATES it.... trys to crawl under my feet under the the console...

Smrtz
04-17-2006, 11:08 AM
Ya mine loves the water, however only when she can wade in.. when it goes from no water to her not being able to touch the ground she hates that.

we have an inground pool too she wont go anywhere near it for just that reason.
I dont mess with her in the boat cause Im afraid she is gonns rip the stitching with her paws... she is pure bred but is unusually big for a border collie most weigh around 40-50 # mine weighs in at 84 and is not fat!

Its too bad too cause lets face it dog is the perfect companion for boating...they will never drink all your beer!

Smrtz
04-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Thats awesome. they are amazing dogs. Mine is not a people dog, unless it people she knows well. Super timid. we have had the same cleaning lady for 3 years and she still goes and hides under the bed when she comes...

Once she knows you she never forgets and freaks when she sees people she knows.. should be interesting with the baby on the way because she isnt too fond of kids either.

Im sure that will all change very soon!!

:p

Brian Raymond
04-17-2006, 12:08 PM
Hello all, it is official, I will be coming down this weekend for the Jambo and very excited. Jay will also be coming with me. Joining us from Skiers Choice will be Matt Brown, our product development mgr, and Trey Tiller, the southeast rep. Russ Wilde will be there with his boat and gear for wakeboard lessons and rides. Kyle Schmidt, who is one of our team riders and is the instructional editor of Wakeboarding magazine will be there with his boat. Our vendors are just as excited about this event as we are and have donated a bunch of goodies for the raffle. These vendors include; Boatmate, Indmar, Extreme Marine, OJ, Roswell, Kenwood, OBrien, and MSG the vinyl mfg. We will also be bringing boxes of goodies. There will probably be some guest appearances throughout the day. I am very much looking forward to being there. We should be down Fri. night. Brian Raymond

moombadaze
04-17-2006, 07:24 PM
why someone from tampa????

waterboy
04-17-2006, 08:37 PM
I'm stayin' out of this.............

waterboy
04-17-2006, 08:50 PM
But as far as the donation goes, here's the deal.........there's no charge for folks who enter the park via boat. Those that enter by car are charged 4 bucks per vehicle. When a special interest group wants to hold some sort of organized event at the park that involves any kind of staff help or special courtisies extended, we generally give a price break for admission and give the proceeds to our volunteer support group AKA the Friends of Lake Louisa. They use money raised to purchase native plants, and do special projects in the park like our butterfly garden or improving our equestrian areas. Since the jamboree was brought to the park last year in small part by a staff member, no such request for a fee was asked for other than a few bucks from arriving boats. A total of 9 dollars was collected and donated. This doesn't mean that the sponsers of the event can't make a donation if they'd like to, but that's entirely up to them.

So, pay if you want, don't pay if you don't want to. But do have fun.

Brian

Wolf-
04-17-2006, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by waterboy

So, pay if you want, don't pay if you don't want to. But do have fun.

Brian

Brian,

What if someone can't make it, but wishes to show their appreciation to the local park for allowing the event? Where should that donation be sent?

waterboy
04-18-2006, 03:13 AM
Hey Wolf, that's very generous of you. If you want to donate, you can send a check made out to Friends of Lake Louisa to this address:

Lake Louisa State Park
7305 US Hwy 27
Clermont, Florida 34714

A link to their website:

http://www.llsp.org/

Thanks!

Brian