PDA

View Full Version : check engine light 2013 outback v

Birdman
07-13-2014, 11:31 AM
so i was out on the lake yesterday and after surfing for a bit noticed my check engine light was on.
i drained the ballasts and got the boat sitting level again turned the engine off and it seemed to go away what would be causing this? checked the oil and all the gauges are good it seems like when the boat is listed to one side one it causes fluid to shift in the engine or something i dunno what do you guys think?

Kma4444
07-13-2014, 12:30 PM
Have to assume that it was on for a sensor issue with the fuel injection. If it doesn't come back on, it could have been a transient error with a reading that won't occur again. If it comes on again you will have to have it scanned to find out what sensor circuit is causing the problem then repair the circuit or sensor. The check engine light does not indicate any oil pressure problems or similar. It is only an indication of a situation with the engine management system.

mmandley
07-13-2014, 01:19 PM
Mines tends to come on when the water is cold, if I got old fuel. Several times it's on all day and then we choose scan it with nothing. Dealer thinks it's emissions related and as long as the gauges read fine and your not in limp mode don't stress. But you should log the pattern for TSSat the dealer.

Birdman
07-13-2014, 02:06 PM
yeah hopefully it just goes away bad fuel or something. its an hour and a halve drive one way to take it to the dealer don't really want to if I don't have to

jmb
07-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Thank goodness I dont have a check engine light. One reason I keep what I got

Birdman
07-15-2014, 12:07 PM
has any one else had this happen when the boat starts to list to one side or the other when surfing for extended periods of time i still would like to know why it does it?

Kma4444
07-15-2014, 01:22 PM
We surf with our boat most of the time, never had a check engine light.