PDA

View Full Version : flow...weight even or listed

jps120
07-12-2014, 10:14 AM
I test drove the mojo the other day and was confused when we went to surf the sales guy told us that he runs the stock ballast 100% on the surf side, empty on the non surf side and about 50% in the center tank. The wave was alright but really short it seemed like. Also we tried to ride it weighted evenly but the top of the wave would not clean up. Just wanted to know how every one else is weighting their boats for surfing.

smorris7
07-12-2014, 10:19 AM
The sales rep obviously did not know what he was doing..one would think when they demoed a boat they would know how to dial in the optimum wave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patrick232
07-12-2014, 10:41 AM
I my mondo I found full center. 90% in the rears. When 100% was not a good.

mmandley
07-12-2014, 11:01 AM
When using the Flow, you need NOSE WEIGHT you at the very least have to run the center tank 100%.

The flow will not work if you have an abundance of rear ballast and no nose ballast.

What happens is the Flow is designed to work at a certain water depth, get it sunk to low and it will just create drag and wash.

When surfing Regular you always want even weight in the rears, this is true up to 900lb rears. After that IDK now much nose weight it just doesn't work, or you have more weight then the engine can handle.

I have tried 1500 rears and 1500 in the nose, No wave, engine was reving to 4K and I have a huge torque prop, way bigger then 1235 the boat came with.

900 rears and 500 hard tank, 650 IBS will work but you are truly at the limit on rear end weight. I run that set up but I also add a 450 on the bow seat surf side. Normally 1-2 people sit up front so essentially your talking 1900 in my nose, 1800 in the rear.

Goto Goofy side and its a whole other animal. Completely not what the regular is. Goofy is still old school lean the boat. Ballast 1 side only <goofy> and run as much weight as you want. Then you can allow someone to sit on the regular if you have a large crew. You will know when you have too much weight on regular because the wave will wash out really fast.

I have a couple threads in the Wake Surf section, pictures, videos of my weights and findings.

kaneboats
07-12-2014, 04:29 PM
Good summary, Mike.