PDA

View Full Version : Part# for ballast impeller O-RING

JASONZ
07-11-2014, 02:01 PM
I recently had to change out my ballast impeller due to normal wear (even through the green one had no visible wear, the vanes felt loose and it wasnt working well)....I use these frequently dumping and filling all the time with lots of different riding abilities.

I put the new orange one in from wakemakers and it works great. :D
Unfortunately the replacement ballast impeller does not include the o-ring.
I was able to find the o-ring at pep-boys and i wanted to share this information with everyone.
Fel-Pro 35669 Thermostat O-RING SAAB V6 3.0 1995-2001
$1.50....and I am sure if it said marine on it the part would move a decimal to $15.50....haha.

slipperyrockTKE300
07-11-2014, 02:20 PM
thanks for sharing this!

Hope the mods will place it somewhere so it can be easily located again.

Orange Impellers?

Seems to me the one that came with my boat from the factory was orange (2009). I replaced them with greenies.

What supposedly is the difference between orange and green?

kaneboats
07-11-2014, 03:43 PM
Orange is a mix of red and yellow. Green is blue and yellow.

slipperyrockTKE300
07-12-2014, 08:14 AM
well crap, I feel so stupid.

I should have remembered that from kindergarden - when we used to write all over Darci Stalters with those big Crayola's.

mnpracing
07-12-2014, 10:48 AM
I recently had to change out my ballast impeller due to normal wear (even through the green one had no visible wear, the vanes felt loose and it wasnt working well)....I use these frequently dumping and filling all the time with lots of different riding abilities.

I put the new orange one in from wakemakers and it works great. :D
Unfortunately the replacement ballast impeller does not include the o-ring.
I was able to find the o-ring at pep-boys and i wanted to share this information with everyone.
Fel-Pro 35669 Thermostat O-RING SAAB V6 3.0 1995-2001
$1.50....and I am sure if it said marine on it the part would move a decimal to $15.50....haha.

which reversible pump do you have....the Johnson or the Jabsco Ballast Puppy? I was looking for an O ring for the Jabsco.

JASONZ
07-15-2014, 02:56 PM
1) I believe part progression on the impeller is: Black -->Yellow-->Green-->Orange.
2) The O-RING fits the Jabsco pump.