PDA

View Full Version : 2015 models...

saskyrider
07-09-2014, 12:57 AM
Had my dealer tell me today that IBS bags and 750's In the rear lockers will be an option when ordering a mondo for 2015... pretty smart if you ask me

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

motosno963
07-09-2014, 01:01 AM
there was a 15 LSV up for sale on onlyinboards.com..but it was taken down i think..

jstenger
07-09-2014, 08:06 AM
Mojo will be 23' for 2015.

slipperyrockTKE300
07-09-2014, 12:46 PM
you would have thought the 750 sacs would have started being an option....like maybe 8 years ago.

mikenehrkorn
07-09-2014, 01:31 PM
it was an option........call 1-800-wakemakers :)

New Guy
07-09-2014, 02:44 PM
Mojo will be 23' for 2015.

This is really interesting because you would think that it would have to be a complete hull redesign.

jstenger
07-09-2014, 03:06 PM
This is really interesting because you would think that it would have to be a complete hull redesign.
It is an all new hull.

KG's Supra24
07-09-2014, 03:11 PM
Watch your toes!!!!! Because knowledge is being dropped.

sandm
07-09-2014, 05:06 PM
hmmm... wonder if the lsv is a redesign and grew in size as well???

rbeckner27
07-09-2014, 05:13 PM
Was told by my dealer the 2015 mojo will also go wider say 102"

motosno963
07-09-2014, 05:26 PM
might have to save my pennys for a new mojo

New Guy
07-09-2014, 05:57 PM
Really guys, time to trade :)

168rod
07-09-2014, 07:47 PM
2015 Mojo rumor of 23', 3k ballast, and Indmar Ford Raptor with 411 ponies!

rca
07-09-2014, 08:01 PM
2015 Mojo rumor of 23', 3k ballast, and Indmar Ford Raptor with 411 ponies!

Drool......

996scott
07-09-2014, 08:26 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmm

rdlangston13
07-09-2014, 08:31 PM
Now if that is true about the mojo I wonder how that 102" beam affects the wake board wake?? We will be wanting a new boat in a few years and can't really afford an SA and don't like the wake board wakes too much on any of the moombas so if they get this right it could be awesome for us!

jester
07-09-2014, 09:48 PM
How about a Supra SE. "Surf Extreme". SA then the SC now the SE. Guess 2016 will be SF.

http://supraboats.blogspot.com/2014/07/go-surf-extreme-with-2015-supra-se-to.html?spref=tw

blackout_58
07-09-2014, 09:49 PM
When I went on my tour, there was something without markings that was not a supra, and was absolutely massive and beautiful. Wasn't able to get much info, but it was easily 23ft and dwarfed the SA and SC models.

papou
07-09-2014, 10:02 PM
I don't know witch company it is but I've heard that theres a surf boat in development wich the company is testing a new drive system kind of like the Volvo pods, but that will retract or tilt or???

uniwarking
07-09-2014, 10:13 PM
Hmmm... it will be interesting to see what rolls out. I would be surprised to see a new hull so quickly...

tater
07-09-2014, 10:40 PM
Dealer showed me the new Ford Raptor motor brochure today intercooled and some cool stuff for ease of service and other goodies,he said they was going in all SC products as the standard motor for 2015, if that is the case 400 + in that lil Mondo is interesting

sandm
07-10-2014, 05:41 AM
guy here has the 409 in the mondo. it feels like a beast out of the hole..

would be interesting to see if skiers has a direct competitor to the asr/g23. if so, hope it surfs like the g23 and not all the drama around the asr. the G is def. the benchmark that I hope they crush.. not sure that the market needs another $120+ boat tho :)

patrick232
07-10-2014, 08:19 AM
How sweet would a $70K 23' deep Moomba be like the G Series? Don't think wife would let me trade the Mondo. I did hear from my dealer about he new motor and that it may add a few grand or more to the base cost.

New Guy
07-10-2014, 09:49 AM
You guys are hilarious if you think you will even touch a 400hp 23ft boat for $70k :rolleyes: A fairly optioned Mojo right now with the 345 is upper 60's if you want the 409 it will put you into the 70's pretty easily. I'm betting it will start stripped at $70 and go up from there. If it does it really helps the residual with the current Mojo's that are out there.

patrick232
07-10-2014, 10:11 AM
You guys are hilarious if you think you will even touch a 400hp 23ft boat for $70k :rolleyes: A fairly optioned Mojo right now with the 345 is upper 60's if you want the 409 it will put you into the 70's pretty easily. I'm betting it will start stripped at $70 and go up from there. If it does it really helps the residual with the current Mojo's that are out there.
I was joking with the $70k I know that would be the start point, like the Mastercraft NXT $50k all day that turned into a much more expensive boat once ordered. The values of our boats will hold well as new ones keep increasing.

sandm
07-10-2014, 10:41 AM
we are assuming it'll have a moomba logo on it. put a supra logo on it and we are now 120k.

mmandley
07-10-2014, 12:16 PM
Lots of Rumors lots of ideas LOL.

I can tell you if they stretch the Mojo to 23 and widen it to 102, then make the standard engine the Raptor then your easily talking 75K MSRP.

My boat optioned they way it is was 72K, just to upgrade to the next engine over the 350 is 10K and that was the LS3.

I think you will see < if its true > Mojo prices increase 10K after discounts.

This new Supra SE they are going to release, from the details I have heard wouldn't surprise me to see MSRP 120K easy.

kaneboats
07-10-2014, 12:40 PM
Guess it's back to Bayliner then.

slipperyrockTKE300
07-10-2014, 12:42 PM
Bayliner or a pontoon boat...with a lot of stickers

and a grill and a fridge!

gisepi
07-10-2014, 12:43 PM
Now if that is true about the mojo I wonder how that 102" beam affects the wake board wake?? We will be wanting a new boat in a few years and can't really afford an SA and don't like the wake board wakes too much on any of the moombas so if they get this right it could be awesome for us!

Hey David,

You say you dont like the current Moomba wakes, thats too bad as i have a 2012 Mojo and all we do is wakeboard and the wake is money. I Share my time wakeboarding behind a 2013 X30 and my 2012 Mojo and to be honest with you there is no complaints with our moomba product. The X30 is able to handle tons more weight but lets not kid here i am sure neither you nor i are in Harley or Rustys category on a board. We bring in the alberta Junior wakeboard team and they have nothing but good things to say. We have spent the last 2 and half seasons perfecting the wake and should you ever be in Alberta i would take you out and you would be smiling ear to ear with the Mojo wake. The biggest thing about the mojo is that you really dont need to put 4K weight in it to have a perfect wake. I run 1100's rear and now fill roughly between 1/2 - 3/4, full with roughly 4-500 lbs up front, 3-4 guys in the boat, wake plate roughly half way up and boat between 22 and 22.6. Not wanting to sound like someone trying to defend the boat just want to let another fellow Moomba owner know that for the price i paid for my mojo there isnt much out there new at that price that i would go for. Wakeboarding behind the mojo puts a smile on my face every night.

RickT
07-10-2014, 01:28 PM
The Rumor of a 400 6.2L Ford Raptor being Standard in all Moomba's except the Outback V, cannot be denied or confirmed by RT. :)

kaneboats
07-10-2014, 01:59 PM
A - HAAAAAA!!!! We are on to something here.

KG's Supra24
07-10-2014, 02:13 PM
Not sure who RT is but doubt he knows much anyways. :p

sivs1
07-10-2014, 02:16 PM
why would anyone want a big 6.2L V8 in their anyway? What a useless use of power..... :o

rdlangston13
07-10-2014, 02:25 PM
Hey David,

You say you dont like the current Moomba wakes, thats too bad as i have a 2012 Mojo and all we do is wakeboard and the wake is money. I Share my time wakeboarding behind a 2013 X30 and my 2012 Mojo and to be honest with you there is no complaints with our moomba product. The X30 is able to handle tons more weight but lets not kid here i am sure neither you nor i are in Harley or Rustys category on a board. We bring in the alberta Junior wakeboard team and they have nothing but good things to say. We have spent the last 2 and half seasons perfecting the wake and should you ever be in Alberta i would take you out and you would be smiling ear to ear with the Mojo wake. The biggest thing about the mojo is that you really dont need to put 4K weight in it to have a perfect wake. I run 1100's rear and now fill roughly between 1/2 - 3/4, full with roughly 4-500 lbs up front, 3-4 guys in the boat, wake plate roughly half way up and boat between 22 and 22.6. Not wanting to sound like someone trying to defend the boat just want to let another fellow Moomba owner know that for the price i paid for my mojo there isnt much out there new at that price that i would go for. Wakeboarding behind the mojo puts a smile on my face every night.

Well that is good to hear. The thing with me is I am not looking for a monster Harley sized wake, my main concern is side to side weight sensitivity and if I load it up for me to ride, can i back the speed down from 22ish to 19 and keep it clean? We go out with a lot of different people of different skill levels and it is always a pain when someone doesn't want to ride as fast as me and we have to waster time dumping water in order to get them a clean wake at the speed they want to ride at. Or having to constantly tell people to move here or there to keep the wake clean side to side. Going out with new people who dont understand weight distribution makes it difficult because they never stay where I tell them too until I yell at them and now I am boat nazi and it's just a pain to have to tell them where to sit. If the new boat fixes these concerns I am all about brand loyalty. Now I have never been behind a Mojo to wakeboard and have never had anyone give answers to my concerns about the wake so I am clueless, everyone just surfs them which I pretty much don't care about at all.

Now onto the 6.2l raptor motor....Ford uses a 90 degree V in there engines as opposed to the 60 degrees i think it is in the SBC. How is the much wider ford engine being accommodated in these boats? How much rear locker storage is being lost due to this?

kevkev
07-10-2014, 02:31 PM
How about a Supra SE. "Surf Extreme". SA then the SC now the SE. Guess 2016 will be SF.

http://supraboats.blogspot.com/2014/07/go-surf-extreme-with-2015-supra-se-to.html?spref=tw

To stay with the standard, shouldn't it be an SG?

Sharpshooter
07-10-2014, 02:33 PM
I hope all this talk about bigger motors and bigger boats don't drive the affordability of the moombas up, hell if I could have afforded a $125,000 boat I would have boat one to begin with.

motosno963
07-10-2014, 02:42 PM
wish i had the money..ill just buy yalls old lsv or mojo haha

RickT
07-10-2014, 02:45 PM
I hope all this talk about bigger motors and bigger boats don't drive the affordability of the moombas up, hell if I could have afforded a $125,000 boat I would have boat one to begin with.

Sharpshooter,

We agree with you and I think you will find that the 2015 lineup is true to that mission

sivs1
07-10-2014, 03:01 PM
Sharpshooter,

We agree with you and I think you will find that the 2015 lineup is true to that mission

We need a like button! Like to hear this

Sharpshooter
07-10-2014, 03:11 PM
Great to here, I was looking to trade my 13LSV in on a mojo in a couple of years

tnbrooks01
07-10-2014, 03:28 PM
Is there something I'm missing here? Wasn't the ford partnership announced at surf expo last year to begin with the 2015 models and the boats would be based on the raptor platform?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sivs1
07-10-2014, 03:43 PM
Is there something I'm missing here? Wasn't the ford partnership announced at surf expo last year to begin with the 2015 models and the boats would be based on the raptor platform?

http://www.boatingmag.com/ford-motor-company-re-enters-marine-market

uniwarking
07-10-2014, 04:03 PM
Hmmm... Wonder what I could get on my '13 Mojo for trade...

Why add the Flow to mine when I could just order a new one with Ford power? I need to quit dreaming lol... Wife would shoot this down for sure!

tnbrooks01
07-10-2014, 05:02 PM
wish i had the money..ill just buy yalls old lsv or mojo haha

My LSV should be on only inboards and boat trader starting next week.....

patrick232
07-10-2014, 05:05 PM
Hmmm... Wonder what I could get on my '13 Mojo for trade...

Why add the Flow to mine when I could just order a new one with Ford power? I need to quit dreaming lol... Wife would shoot this down for sure!

Just order one the same color and see if she notices, it might be large enough to sleep in.

tater
07-10-2014, 07:13 PM
All of this is exciting,but if they are putting a larger motor and im going to lose more storage space,with bags and such then they need to go away from bags and do hard tanks like the G series,we take alot of stuff when we go out and the G series has had my attention for awhile with no bags to mess with and in floor cooler and the seadeck flooring with the walk-thru you are on the clock SC lets see what cha got.

Kma4444
07-10-2014, 09:26 PM
The V angle is the same on the engines. The ford uses larger heads so they take up,,, marginally, more room up top but there is not a tremendous amount of size difference. Especially not in something as large as a one of our boats, excepting a competition ski boat you'd hardly notice the difference. The Ford will be pretty intimidating looking under the engine cover though!!!!!!

Kma4444
07-10-2014, 09:28 PM
And surely someone has posted this somewhere here!!!!!! http://instagram.com/p/qQDbnZtnxs/

sandm
07-11-2014, 08:34 AM
lets hope this is a surf-specific boat unlike the rest of the supra line.

I'd be intrigued. if it doesn't carry a 6-figure pricetag, could see a tige for sale next spring.

Cigars n scotch
07-11-2014, 10:12 AM
Well that is good to hear. The thing with me is I am not looking for a monster Harley sized wake, my main concern is side to side weight sensitivity and if I load it up for me to ride, can i back the speed down from 22ish to 19 and keep it clean? We go out with a lot of different people of different skill levels and it is always a pain when someone doesn't want to ride as fast as me and we have to waster time dumping water in order to get them a clean wake at the speed they want to ride at. Or having to constantly tell people to move here or there to keep the wake clean side to side. Going out with new people who dont understand weight distribution makes it difficult because they never stay where I tell them too until I yell at them and now I am boat nazi and it's just a pain to have to tell them where to sit. If the new boat fixes these concerns I am all about brand loyalty.

I have this very same problem David and totally agree with you, it's a pain to shift people, especially when you have little kids in the boat or an infant that needs to be in the shade all of the time. I ride at 23 while most others that come in my boat ride at 22 or 21 or even 19 if they're a real newbie. At 19 my wake is a wash-fest on one side. I haven't messed with adding some more weight in the bow yet but I need to get a portable tsunami pump and hose + connectors to do this.

rdlangston13
07-11-2014, 10:22 AM
lets hope this is a surf-specific boat unlike the rest of the supra line.

I'd be intrigued. if it doesn't carry a 6-figure pricetag, could see a tige for sale next spring.

The SC i thought stood for "Surf Centered". I thought that WAS a surf specific boat.

jmvotto
07-11-2014, 10:50 AM
I thought so Too! that the SC was the surf boat, looks like 21ft is not the sweet spot and 23 to 24ft will be back in production for surf oriented boats.....

sandm
07-11-2014, 10:53 AM
everything I have seen on all the new supra releases are wakeboard hulls with the added flow system to aid in surfing.
I strayed from SC with my latest boat as it's really a surf hull first and quite honestly, is not a very good wakeboard wake out of the box but I could care less. I really want to upgrade to a z3. it's surf first and I don't think I've ever seen a post talking about what a killer wakeboard wake it has. if SC reveals this type of boat, it will peak my interest. when the SC was released, you didn't see it pulling wakesurf contests, but I know it was featured an hour south of here pulling a wakeboard competition.

I still see a lot of wakeboarders on the water and I know there are quite a few on here, but I think there are more out there that would follow my line if thinking- surf hull first and foremost and a mediocre wakeboard wake.
I see and hear more posts about how to get a better surf wake as even as a beginnner, you need length, height and push. wakeboard wakes don't need to be x-star or g23 caliber for 99% of those out there.
my thoughts anyway. lets see a surf-specific hull/boat, and not a 6 figure pricetag.

Mobius22
07-11-2014, 12:44 PM
everything I have seen on all the new supra releases are wakeboard hulls with the added flow system to aid in surfing.
I strayed from SC with my latest boat as it's really a surf hull first and quite honestly, is not a very good wakeboard wake out of the box but I could care less. I really want to upgrade to a z3. it's surf first and I don't think I've ever seen a post talking about what a killer wakeboard wake it has. if SC reveals this type of boat, it will peak my interest. when the SC was released, you didn't see it pulling wakesurf contests, but I know it was featured an hour south of here pulling a wakeboard competition.

I still see a lot of wakeboarders on the water and I know there are quite a few on here, but I think there are more out there that would follow my line if thinking- surf hull first and foremost and a mediocre wakeboard wake.
I see and hear more posts about how to get a better surf wake as even as a beginnner, you need length, height and push. wakeboard wakes don't need to be x-star or g23 caliber for 99% of those out there.
my thoughts anyway. lets see a surf-specific hull/boat, and not a 6 figure pricetag.

The SC was specifically mentioned at having one of the best surf wakes (alongside the G23 and Centurion Enzo) at the Southern Surf Fest, which I'm sure Drew can back me up on. Considering just about every brand was represented at that event, I think that speaks for the quality of the wake surf wake on the SC. The fact that it has an awesome wakeboard AND wakesurf wake shows that SC did their homework on the new hulls. Have you been behind an SC?

KG's Supra24
07-11-2014, 01:00 PM
I was thinking the same as Mobius22. I thought the feedback on the SC surf wave has been really good? The wakeboard wake is definately getting good feedback. The new models, SC and SA, cure the problem David was mentioning with the side-to-side weight and finicky wake.

Whether or not it pulls an event, surf or wake, probably has more to do with marketing, coordinators, etc than it does a boats ability to produce a good wave or wake.

Not a chance the new Supra retails less than 100k but maybe you can get out the door under 6 figures?

I hate to say this but as a big boat fan on a used budget ... the A24 has caught my eye even though I don't really like the look. An SA with Swell can't get used fast enough for me! Unless the banks start taking them back.

RickT
07-11-2014, 03:48 PM
The SC is a Surf First boat, but it is an incredible Wake product as well. Being one does not exclude it from being another. As to events.... Supra is pulling at least one World Series Of Surf event this year (Seattle) and several other big regional events...with the SC. As to Wakeboarding, Supra pulls the WWA Wakeboarding World Championships, the premier event in Wake. I would expect to see the SE in attendance.

Either way....They are now all powered by the 6.2L Raptor!

Anybody seen a new Moomba laying around?

Rick

papou
07-11-2014, 04:18 PM
Will the 6.2 be closed loop cooling & have cats ?
I see this being a very costly engine for the end user in the long run ��

RickT
07-11-2014, 04:30 PM
Will the 6.2 be closed loop cooling & have cats ?
I see this being a very costly engine for the end user in the long run ��

IT is closed cooled and does have Cats. Cost of Maintenance and warranty should be greatly improved due to it being closed cooled.

rdlangston13
07-11-2014, 07:44 PM
I was thinking the same as Mobius22. I thought the feedback on the SC surf wave has been really good? The wakeboard wake is definately getting good feedback. The new models, SC and SA, cure the problem David was mentioning with the side-to-side weight and finicky wake.

This fixes it in the SUPRA line but we still need a good wake board wake for the people who want to buy new and do not have 100k lying around. I am with you on the SA is not getting used fast enough and I would like to have something a little bigger so if that means an even longer wait for a bigger used SA then that puts me in a bad spot. It is either leave Skiers Choice or they come out with a moomba that fits the needs. And I really do not want to leave SC but when spending that kind of money you kind of have to go with what fits your needs.

jimmylsv
07-11-2014, 08:29 PM
I live on a private lake in Orlando. Their are maybe 20 wake board boats on our lake. I have a 2006 LSV the others range from old Nautique with tower to Mastercraft x Star. About a month ago a guy at the end of lake took delivery of Nautique g23, price $132,000 guess it took him a couple weeks to break in. We were boarding and surfing next to him last Sunday . The boat was slammed with ballast and I have never seen a wakeboard wake anything like this, and I go to a lot of wake events. It is literally the next level. The rollers coming off that boat made my nephew comment that " that red boat is making me sea sick," If the Supra is any thing close in wake size it's a bargain. To be honest I thought I had a great wake with 2500 lbs of ballast until I saw this ship go bye. When it's trawling with a wake surfer you would think its a shrimp boat. ..... Like I said thought I had a great wake until my bubble was burst by the g23.

rdlangston13
07-11-2014, 08:59 PM
I live on a private lake in Orlando. Their are maybe 20 wake board boats on our lake. I have a 2006 LSV the others range from old Nautique with tower to Mastercraft x Star. About a month ago a guy at the end of lake took delivery of Nautique g23, price $132,000 guess it took him a couple weeks to break in. We were boarding and surfing next to him last Sunday . The boat was slammed with ballast and I have never seen a wakeboard wake anything like this, and I go to a lot of wake events. It is literally the next level. The rollers coming off that boat made my nephew comment that " that red boat is making me sea sick," If the Supra is any thing close in wake size it's a bargain. To be honest I thought I had a great wake with 2500 lbs of ballast until I saw this ship go bye. When it's trawling with a wake surfer you would think its a shrimp boat. ..... Like I said thought I had a great wake until my bubble was burst by the g23.

It's not even about size. I don't need a G23 or Xstar sized wake. What I want is a wake that is not overly weight sensitive side to side and will stay clean at lower speeds even with ballast

Sent from my iPhone

mmandley
07-11-2014, 09:17 PM
It's not even about size. I don't need a G23 or Xstar sized wake. What I want is a wake that is not overly weight sensitive side to side and will stay clean at lower speeds even with ballast

Sent from my iPhone

What boat does this?
Are you sure not being overly judgmental?
When you wake board you don't need the opposite side clean as you approach, only when you land right?

I understand you want it clean all the time and you want it to be stable but when you are wake boarding and load up that line, most boats will tilt, weighting them helps keep them from tilting, but honestly, you are only running 1200lbs in your boat from what I recall.

I can load my Mojo with 2K and at 23 have it clean and it doesn't tilt that much when a rider loads the line for a jump. What I have been told from riders is they really don't car if the other side washes a little when they jump, as long as its clean at the point of landing.

Yes I don't wake board that much but I like my wave clean too.

I do take into consideration that you honestly get what you pay for, and I paid for a Surf boat, I feel I got a solid surf boat for the money I paid.

The more people demand SC fix this, make this nicer, add this to the Moomba line the more your price goes up.

Even now the Moomba line is getting so Close to some other brands that are considered higher in the food chain that you might as well jump on the other boat.

For instance, at the price you pay for a Mojo, I can almost buy a Malibu, and I can buy an Axis. If I was as big into wake boarding as you Dave, then I would look at Axis.

Why would I say that? Because sometimes you need to get what you want so you feel good about what you got.

You seem to say a lot, that SC needs to make a boat that can wakeboard at 17+ with or without weight, it needs to be able to surf to make that crowd happy and be the cheapest in the market. Sometimes friend, you don't get your ice cream and cake at the same time.

Each boat in the Moomba line is a cross over, but it STILL has certain things it does better then others in the same line.

Supra is the same way, I spent 1 day in the SA when it was first released, I spent 2 days in an SC when it was released.

Do they wake board great? Hell Yes!! They are clean at low speeds, can they Surf? Yes to a point. SA needs the Swell to really surf but the SC Surfs really well out of the box but still does it better with the Swell.

At heart both of these boats have a wake board hull on the back of them. SA is all wake board SC is Surf on the front of the hull wake board on the rear.

Do I agree with the 90K sticker on these? No but they come with a TON of options you will never see on a Moomba.

You just have to really ask yourself whats the most important thing for you and your money and do that.

rdlangston13
07-11-2014, 09:25 PM
Mike I never said anything about the opposite side being clean while edging into the wake. What I am talking about is having to have all the passengers perfectly dispersed around the boat and the cooler in the exact right spot on the floor ect. That crap gets old. And the boat that does this, as much as I hate to say it is the A20 and the A22 (no idea on the A24).

I don't like axis styling and their interiors just seem really cheap but they throw a much better/consistent wakeboard wake from my experience. And I run 1800 lbs in the LSV with plans to swap the rear locker bags out for 750s but then I'm pretty sure I will need to put another bag in the front to keep it clean.

Sent from my iPhone

Mobius22
07-11-2014, 10:06 PM
Mike I never said anything about the opposite side being clean while edging into the wake. What I am talking about is having to have all the passengers perfectly dispersed around the boat and the cooler in the exact right spot on the floor ect. That crap gets old. And the boat that does this, as much as I hate to say it is the A20 and the A22 (no idea on the A24).

I don't like axis styling and their interiors just seem really cheap but they throw a much better/consistent wakeboard wake from my experience. And I run 1800 lbs in the LSV with plans to swap the rear locker bags out for 750s but then I'm pretty sure I will need to put another bag in the front to keep it clean.

Sent from my iPhone

I think you might want to hold on an Axis until you see the new stuff from Moomba. You never know, they could have done exactly what you wanted and you just don't know it yet....

jmvotto
07-11-2014, 10:38 PM
I think you might want to hold on an Axis until you see the new stuff from Moomba. You never know, they could have done exactly what you wanted and you just don't know it yet....

When's the new Moomba released date?

Bring back the surf roo:cool:

tater
07-11-2014, 10:47 PM
But like Mike said,the Moomba line is starting to creep into the price range of some of the big brands and im sorry been a SC product owner for 8 years and when your only talking a few thousand dollars to get into a Malibu or mastercraft or nautique, people will go with one of the top brands just because they are a top brand,ask yourself if a G21 is around 120,00 and a LOADED SC 550 comes in the low 100,000s which might be an extra 50 to 60 bucks a month is it worth it to you to have some better finishes a better paint scheme options and no bags to mess with, I think SC is right on the line of pricing some folks out of a new boat so i hope they have an answer and a bigger boat that we can afford not smaller.

Mobius22
07-11-2014, 10:48 PM

The new Supra is August 15th right? So I would guess a little after or before that

tater
07-11-2014, 10:48 PM

August 15 if its not leaked sooner.

Mobius22
07-11-2014, 10:50 PM
You realize that Nautique uses bags for ballast right? They're just below the floor where you can't access them if something goes wrong

sandm
07-11-2014, 10:50 PM
I feel the same way mike does hence the comments earlier in the thread. I know the SC can surf well as I've seen enough on it, but it needs swell and at the end of the day, it is still a wakeboat that surfs good, not a surf boat that can wakeboard.
ironically, click on the SC link from the supra main page and count how many wakeboard pics you see and how many surf pics you see under the pics link and read the description. "surf centered" but not a single surf pic. maybe an oversight but still shows where the focus is.

I think mike hit it on the head..

to reply with tater, I agree as well. I'm in my '12 tige less than almost all paid for a mojo and probably less than some in lsv's. proven surf hull. lousy wake hull. but I'm ok with that :)

sandm
07-11-2014, 11:12 PM
not trying to start a pricing debate here either. I'm a skiers fan thru and thru as it was my first boat and I hope to be back in one again someday(hence the coozie buy and that everyone who steps on my tige gets handed a moomba coozie-rick just smiled a little :) ), but they don't have anything that is a "true" surf boat like the z3/z1 or enzo. they were purpose-built surf boats. .

I know that the supra se is going to be way outside my budget but I hope skiers has a successful launch. it looks to be a direct competitor of the g and asr. no secret that the asr release fell on it's arse. lets see a boat that can out surf and out store the g with a wake that is second to none :)

tater
07-11-2014, 11:26 PM
You realize that Nautique uses bags for ballast right? They're just below the floor where you can't access them if something goes wrong

And out of sight so they have tons of storage on each side,which is a big deal for are family and friends. Cant wait to see if the SE is going to be similiar,then I will make a decision on what direction to go.

Mobius22
07-11-2014, 11:35 PM
Only way they can do that is because they made the boat almost unnaturally huge. I've driven one, it's like driving a tugboat and it's super awesome when you come off plane and water comes flying through the walk thru area of the transom. The wake is great, but you make a lot of sacrifices other places as well. Hopefully the SE is the best of both worlds (Wake and Handling)

tater
07-11-2014, 11:51 PM
Only way they can do that is because they made the boat almost unnaturally huge. I've driven one, it's like driving a tugboat and it's super awesome when you come off plane and water comes flying through the walk thru area of the transom. The wake is great, but you make a lot of sacrifices other places as well. Hopefully the SE is the best of both worlds (Wake and Handling)

That would be great, I believe it will be close and a leg up on the G if they can make a 5000 + boat to handle well and then add close to 3000 lbs of stock ballast these boats are getting scary heavy stock.

wolfeman131
07-12-2014, 07:45 AM
Here is a pic of my son with the 2015 Mojo.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/12/e7ygaveh.jpg

jmvotto
07-12-2014, 08:14 AM
Here is a pic of my son with the 2015 Mojo.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/12/e7ygaveh.jpg

What a tease drew?

No. Other info hmmm Pic of a hull and trailer

rdlangston13
07-12-2014, 08:49 AM

Well that's good to hear. I am not currently in the market for a new boat and plan on staying in my LSV for the next 5 years but when the time comes to upgrade I would like to know that skiers choice has a product that will meet my needs.

Supra line needs to go towards surfing because that's what the old guys with money like to do and Moomba needs to go with wakeboarding because that's what the young guys without money like to do hahaha!

Sent from my iPhone

tater
07-12-2014, 08:56 AM
Well that's good to hear. I am not currently in the market for a new boat and plan on staying in my LSV for the next 5 years but when the time comes to upgrade I would like to know that skiers choice has a product that will meet my needs.

Supra line needs to go towards surfing because that's what the old guys with money like to do and Moomba needs to go with wakeboarding because that's what the young guys without money like to do hahaha!

Sent from my iPhone

Well said... couldnt agree with you more on that..

wolfeman131
07-12-2014, 09:04 AM
What a tease drew?

No. Other info hmmm Pic of a hull and trailer

I have plenty of other info. Just not authorized to share. Yet.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/12/enyrydu8.jpg

uniwarking
07-12-2014, 11:01 AM

Drool... Man that's a sexy motor.

wolfeman131
07-12-2014, 11:04 AM
Drool... Man that's a sexy motor.

Wait until you see the boat it's in!

Kma4444
07-12-2014, 11:33 AM

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!! But I suppose if the shoe fits.................

mmandley
07-12-2014, 11:40 AM

Yes its sexy, but I just have a hard time swallowing the fact this is not driving the cost of all the Moomba's up 5-10K. The Raptor engine is more expensive then a small block GM. Also with Closed Cooling your talking more components, and they say less maintenance, your right I don't have to change an impeller each season but now when I reach 100, 200, 300 hours of service I have to replace belts, hoses, coolant, oil, filters, trans oil, and the likes.

This is moving the Moomba line to a Dealer only service set up.

I'm not knocking it, I'm just saying I'm skeptical of the price increase we will see on the line.

rdlangston13
07-12-2014, 11:43 AM
Yes its sexy, but I just have a hard time swallowing the fact this is not driving the cost of all the Moomba's up 5-10K. The Raptor engine is more expensive then a small block GM. Also with Closed Cooling your talking more components, and they say less maintenance, your right I don't have to change an impeller each season but now when I reach 100, 200, 300 hours of service I have to replace belts, hoses, coolant, oil, filters, trans oil, and the likes.

I'm not knocking it, I'm just saying I'm skeptical of the price increase we will see on the line.

Your current boat has all of those things except coolant.

Sent from my iPhone

Mobius22
07-12-2014, 11:47 AM

I doubt the Moomba guys would bring out an engine that is going to cost 5-10K more. Have a little faith

mmandley
07-12-2014, 12:03 PM
Your current boat has all of those things except coolant.

Sent from my iPhone

Nope mines not closed cooling, no coolant to change.

Yes I have to change my oil, filter, and trans oil each year. Plus impeller.

Mobius22 I have faith but I also watch the price jumps in the engine options. Just being realistic here.

Yes all the SC line is moving to the Raptor so the main engine is the same, and a little change in tuning will make different power but the real power upgrades will come from different cam, heads, tuning, and the likes.

I just can't see the Raptor Engine costing the same as the Indmar 350's when the engine its self is so much more then a 350 already.

I am just worried Moomba is getting on that slippery slope of being a base model 60K boat, and a Mojo model 75K boat. It scares the hell out of me in terms of what the consumers will do.

With all the free financing of these high end boats, I envision a boat market crash like the housing market did in 09. Then the market will be flooded with Repoed boats, and even the new boats will be worthless

wolfeman131
07-12-2014, 12:16 PM
Remember, the price increase would, most likely, be dictated by Indmar, not Skiers Choice. My guess is that there were plenty of discussions around this subject when Indmar approached SC with the idea of moving to the Ford motor.

FWIW, the new motor is bad ass, IMO.

wolfeman131
07-12-2014, 12:18 PM
And, I'm not too worried about the price creep. The Dow just approached 17,000. Money is starting to flow again despite the efforts being put forth in DC.

sandm
07-12-2014, 12:37 PM
raptor motor is expensive today as it's in a limited production. wonder if economies of scale will bring it to a 2k price bump vs a 7k price bump? and I would assume, not remembering the official press release, if all the other vendors using indmar motors will help drive that cost down as well.
wondering if they are resorting to closed cooling to keep the engine at a more constant temp rather than pulling water from a 55deg lake in montana and a 75deg lake in florida? easier to program an ecu? it is, without a doubt, going to add to the complexity of the engine and will take a small % of shadetree mechanics and push them to dealer service.

I do share mikes concern about the cost of the boats tho. something tells me I see a moomba with a sticker price beginning with an 85 in the not so distant future when optioned up.
am excited to see what is in store. hoping for more than the last redesign of the lsv where they just added some topdeck.

mmandley
07-12-2014, 12:46 PM
raptor motor is expensive today as it's in a limited production. wonder if economies of scale will bring it to a 2k price bump vs a 7k price bump? and I would assume, not remembering the official press release, if all the other vendors using indmar motors will help drive that cost down as well.
wondering if they are resorting to closed cooling to keep the engine at a more constant temp rather than pulling water from a 55deg lake in montana and a 75deg lake in florida? easier to program an ecu? it is, without a doubt, going to add to the complexity of the engine and will take a small % of shadetree mechanics and push them to dealer service.

I do share mikes concern about the cost of the boats tho. something tells me I see a moomba with a sticker price beginning with an 85 in the not so distant future when optioned up.
am excited to see what is in store. hoping for more than the last redesign of the lsv where they just added some topdeck.

I'm with you man. I am excited to see what SC has to offer, I know the Supra line has been impressive on the SA and SC release. Can't wait to see the SE now.

On the Moomba line It was a nice revamp on the OB and LSV lines, the Mojo release I think fell flat on its face, not until the 13 Mojo did that boat really pick up speed and start selling.

I am a die hard SC fan as well, they have been very good to me, always working things out with me and taking care of any issue I have.

My only downside is my dealer sells Malibu, Axis, Nautique and when prices start getting within range of the dealer saying this is the price of these 3 boats now pick what you want..Its scary LOL.

Not to mention in those same prices I have contacts at Tige, Centurion, Supreme, MB now as well.

I will stay loyal to < my family SC > until it just doesn't make since.

Its all the newby people out there walking into the Dealer saying I got 80K to spend, show me what you got and if you take a Price Point Boat like Moomba and set it next to the shine and electronic bling of other boats, unknowing buyers will pick the Shiny Bling every time. Its the PRICE that makes Moomba stand out, and then people buy them, and realize they got the best deal because Performance, Function shine over other brands, but you have to get them past the Bling and electronics for X dollar, and into the Ease of ownership and Performance.

We as return owners, know what Moomba is all about and why they last so long and why they hold there value in the market. Its getting the new owners to see this.

chadjitsu1
07-12-2014, 02:43 PM
On the shiny bling comment, I do wish that the SC boats had a some kind of intelligence for the ballast system. I think they could do it very inexpensively (based on my own system design and my profession). I wish there was a factory option to remember boat settings so that you could just hit a button and have a consistent wake every time. My wife and I go out by ourselves almost every time on the lake and sometimes I get the boat dialed in perfectly and other times its all washed out.

I guess I need to remotivate myself to finish my project for an ballast control system. I have the touch screen and all the hardware. I have the screens designed and I have the majority of the program written, I guess I just need to get it all mounted and finished. I am trying to install it so it looks factory and not goofy.

wolfeman131
07-12-2014, 02:55 PM
SC boats do have that system.

It's called Supra VISION.

RickT
07-12-2014, 03:29 PM
MikeM. Relax :). I think we got you covered on your slippery slope concerns. I think you will be happy. IMO

chadjitsu1
07-12-2014, 03:45 PM

I understand that but its at a price point that is unaffordable for most people and very elaborate encompassing more than just ballast. It would be nice if there was a system that just had ballast control. Leave everything else the way it is and keep the price point down and just make it easier to get a consistent wake. I was also referring to the Moomba family within the SC portfolio.

mmandley
07-12-2014, 04:12 PM
MikeM. Relax :). I think we got you covered on your slippery slope concerns. I think you will be happy. IMO

Thanks Rick T, I trust you man, you have never let me down lol.

Mobius22
07-12-2014, 04:19 PM

^ that is why SC is awesome.

sandm
07-12-2014, 05:56 PM

chad, owning a boat with the electronic screen that is a "touch", I would trade it in a heartbeat for the simplicity of the moomba setup. too much to go wrong. supra did it right with a screen but redundant switches. granted mine has redundant as well, but they are buried under the dash and only incase the touch goes out. I believe it's what added 5k to the cost of my boat. at least at skiers, it's either-or. buy a moomba and have simplicity, buy supra and it automagically does everything.

rdlangston13
07-12-2014, 06:40 PM
I understand that but its at a price point that is unaffordable for most people and very elaborate encompassing more than just ballast. It would be nice if there was a system that just had ballast control. Leave everything else the way it is and keep the price point down and just make it easier to get a consistent wake. I was also referring to the Moomba family within the SC portfolio.

This has more to do with the hull of the boat. Which is what I am hoping they are coming out with, a Moomba with hull that throws a clean consistent wake at low speeds with or without weight and is not side to side weight sensitive.

uniwarking
07-12-2014, 07:29 PM
Wait until you see the boat it's in!

Geez... I'm excited to see the changes... It's just going to make we want a new one I'm sure! Maybe my dealer will trade me straight up lol 😜

tnbrooks01
07-12-2014, 09:33 PM
This has more to do with the hull of the boat. Which is what I am hoping they are coming out with, a Moomba with hull that throws a clean consistent wake at low speeds with or without weight and is not side to side weight sensitive.

That boat that you desire is a minimum 36' cruiser. ;) They are great wakes to jump on a sea doo...

rdlangston13
07-12-2014, 11:49 PM
That boat that you desire is a minimum 36' cruiser. ;) They are great wakes to jump on a sea doo...

Incorrect sir.

Sent from my iPhone

jmvotto
07-13-2014, 08:53 AM
And, I'm not too worried about the price creep. The Dow just approached 17,000. Money is starting to flow again despite the efforts being put forth in DC.

Amen , brother!

yz 2smoke
07-13-2014, 03:43 PM
I can't wait to see the pictures of the new boats. My wife is ready for a new boat already. I guess I will put my boat up for sale once I get my new rear bench seat. I made one to get by until the new one gets here. I need to start thinking about colors. She is tired of blue.

jester
07-13-2014, 09:06 PM

Rick this is good to hear from the people that enjoy and want to stay with the the SC family.

E4NASH
07-14-2014, 09:56 AM
Hmmm that's funny my post got deleted...nice

jmvotto
07-14-2014, 11:03 AM
Did you honesty think it was going to get deleted?

E4NASH
07-14-2014, 11:31 AM
No it was just a comment/proposition to SandM. No worries I sent it via PM. Wasn't anything bad or negative.

chadjitsu1
07-14-2014, 01:30 PM
I would even be happy with switches that controlled the pumps being manual then just having a display that showed weight per bag. Maybe not even have a fully automated system just a way to know how much water is in each location.

chad, owning a boat with the electronic screen that is a "touch", I would trade it in a heartbeat for the simplicity of the moomba setup. too much to go wrong. supra did it right with a screen but redundant switches. granted mine has redundant as well, but they are buried under the dash and only incase the touch goes out. I believe it's what added 5k to the cost of my boat. at least at skiers, it's either-or. buy a moomba and have simplicity, buy supra and it automagically does everything.

Woody929
07-14-2014, 02:44 PM
What kind of bimini is that on the OZ?
http://photos-b.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xpa1/10507922_1509223629293497_1151075891_n.jpg

Says August 1st!

KG's Supra24
07-14-2014, 02:49 PM
Looks like a z5 to me. What is on the top of the tower?

tnbrooks01
07-14-2014, 02:54 PM
I would even be happy with switches that controlled the pumps being manual then just having a display that showed weight per bag. Maybe not even have a fully automated system just a way to know how much water is in each location.

2013 LSV has three switches controlling the ballast pumps then a % reading on the digital cruise to tell me how full the bags are based on the programmable timer.

Woody929
07-14-2014, 02:55 PM
Looks like a z5 to me.

I was thinking the same on the Z5.

tnbrooks01
07-14-2014, 03:01 PM
Looks like a z5 to me. What is on the top of the tower?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/15/aqazu7ym.jpglooks a lot like the LED light.

moombadaze
07-14-2014, 03:16 PM
Is that a OZ tower? looks nothing like mine

tnbrooks01
07-14-2014, 03:22 PM

The picture above? No.... The Instagram picture from moomba? I'm going to GUESS no....

Boatdrinks797
07-14-2014, 03:22 PM
Found a sneak peak of a 2015 LSV....

http://www.fargorvmarine.info/rv/fargo+nd/moomba+skiboat/3870/moomba+moomba+mobius+lsv

smorris7
07-14-2014, 03:36 PM
That sure looked like a seadeck floor....

tnbrooks01
07-14-2014, 03:38 PM
Found a sneak peak of a 2015 LSV....

http://www.fargorvmarine.info/rv/fargo+nd/moomba+skiboat/3870/moomba+moomba+mobius+lsv

Great job! Guessing that the photo shoot LSV, now go find the black and green mojo from the photo shoot....lol

Jwredmon101
07-14-2014, 03:41 PM
Judging by the Polk audio .. imma say thats a supra and not a moomba.. unless something has changed in 2015 .. which judging by the side mirror pic that was a mondo or mojo.. big changes!!

moombadaze
07-14-2014, 03:48 PM
That sure looked like a seadeck floor....

Not seadeck, but close, little birdy said

smorris7
07-14-2014, 03:49 PM
That would be the new Supra SE...

tnbrooks01
07-14-2014, 04:29 PM
Judging by the Polk audio .. imma say thats a supra and not a moomba.. unless something has changed in 2015 .. which judging by the side mirror pic that was a mondo or mojo.. big changes!!

The polk audio pic is a 22' launch (google images). Only used it to illustrate that I thought the mirror pic has the LED nab light and not the flip up one that keeps getting broken.

However, I don't think the tower in the mirror pic is the the oz. Not sure about the Bimini brackets 3/4 the way up the tower.

Jwredmon101
07-14-2014, 04:37 PM
The polk audio pic is a 22' launch (google images). Only used it to illustrate that I thought the mirror pic has the LED nab light and not the flip up one that keeps getting broken.

However, I don't think the tower in the mirror pic is the the oz. Not sure about the Bimini brackets 3/4 the way up the tower.

O ok.. I see what ya did there.

mmandley
07-14-2014, 05:31 PM
Not seadeck, but close, little birdy said

Correct, not Sea Deck, first think it looks like the same material they used on the Swim Deck, much harder then Sea Deck but also stand up to a beating a bit better.

Also notice this is Snap Out as well.

Lastly i hope its not the same as the swim deck, that thing hits real hot in the sun, way to hot for bare feet.

brain_rinse
07-14-2014, 06:28 PM
The Z5 is back!!!!!

wolfeman131
07-14-2014, 07:04 PM

oh, daze has a good eye!

that may be a Z5 and may not be an Oz tower.

maybe.

maybe not.

Sharpshooter
07-14-2014, 07:34 PM
Do we have confirmation on anything new for the MOJO, just wondering if I need to go ahead and list my LSV for sale yet or not

2013 Moomba LSV

jstenger
07-14-2014, 08:54 PM
Do we have confirmation on anything new for the MOJO, just wondering if I need to go ahead and list my LSV for sale yet or not

2013 Moomba LSV
23 feeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Sharpshooter
07-14-2014, 08:55 PM
I need moooore

2013 Moomba LSV

jmvotto
07-14-2014, 08:56 PM
Correct, not Sea Deck, first think it looks like the same material they used on the Swim Deck, much harder then Sea Deck but also stand up to a beating a bit better.

Also notice this is Snap Out as well.

Lastly i hope its not the same as the swim deck, that thing hits real hot in the sun, way to hot for bare feet.

I woul agree Mike, my swim deckl has 60 hrs on it and it is starting to seperate from the platform, hard to keep clean as well.

Sea dek on the old ride was much nicer... IMHO

wolfeman131
07-14-2014, 09:46 PM
I need moooore

2013 Moomba LSV

No, ya don't. Trust me, it's plenty of boat for you!

Sharpshooter
07-14-2014, 09:57 PM
I meant more juicy details about the mojo, I know it will be plenty of boat, I need good ammunition to convince wife we need a MOJO

2013 Moomba LSV

rbeckner27
07-14-2014, 10:34 PM
Dealer said it was gonna be wider too.

jstenger
07-14-2014, 10:56 PM
Well that sucks. They took down the 2015 LSV pictures.

yz 2smoke
07-15-2014, 12:07 AM
I'm surprised it took as long as it did. I'm sure SC was a little pissed.

mcdye
07-15-2014, 08:02 AM
I think everyone is going to be pleasantly surprised. A lot of changes for '15.

Sharpshooter
07-15-2014, 01:07 PM
My 13 LSV will be for sale after Labor day, I guess its time to join the MOJO club

Kma4444
07-15-2014, 01:20 PM
That tower looks like the one on our 242.

jstenger
07-15-2014, 02:50 PM

2013 Moomba LSV
Optional Supra tower.

Sharpshooter
07-15-2014, 05:11 PM
Optional Supra tower.
Sweet.....

Sharpshooter
07-15-2014, 05:51 PM
I found this 14 mojo on only inboards with a Roswell tower, was this an optionhttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/16/uzaqase7.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/16/qabu4ara.jpg

2013 Moomba LSV

RickT
07-15-2014, 07:46 PM
The tower shown in the photo is an option for the Mojo in 2015. It is essentially an S Bend tower featured in the Supra Line up in previous years. It was needed to control air flow due to the tremendous torque created by the 400 6.2L Ford Raptor engine....that is standard. :)

Sharpshooter
07-15-2014, 07:55 PM
Looks awesome and it will be one of my options

2013 Moomba LSV

jester
07-15-2014, 08:11 PM
It was needed to control air flow due to the tremendous torque created by the 400 6.2L Ford Raptor engine....that is standard. :)

That sounds like a great problem to have.

Sharpshooter
07-15-2014, 08:29 PM
Well Iam over the biggest hurdle, wife's onboard with getting a MOJO

2013 Moomba LSV

freshturk
07-15-2014, 09:09 PM
Why can't there be a set of cleats right in front of the tower. Sick of tying fenders to the tower.

Sharpshooter
07-15-2014, 09:49 PM
Why can't there be a set of cleats right in front of the tower. Sick of tying fenders to the tower.

I second that

2013 Moomba LSV

Kma4444
07-16-2014, 06:50 AM
The tower shown in the photo is an option for the Mojo in 2015. It is essentially an S Bend tower featured in the Supra Line up in previous years. It was needed to control air flow due to the tremendous torque created by the 400 6.2L Ford Raptor engine....that is standard. :)

Has to be the perfect answer. Maybe toss in something about the vortices created by the S bend help direct additional air towards the engine air intake so it doesn't suck the sundeck in at WOT.

jester
07-16-2014, 10:19 AM

Agree, The more cleats the better.

rdlangston13
07-16-2014, 11:17 AM
Ok so does this confirm that the 6.2 will come with 400 ho standard??? I knew the 6.2 was the standard engine option but didn't know it would be in the 400 hp configuration

Sent from my iPhone

jstenger
07-16-2014, 12:13 PM
I have heard either 400 or 411.

mmandley
07-16-2014, 12:19 PM
Ok so does this confirm that the 6.2 will come with 400 ho standard??? I knew the 6.2 was the standard engine option but didn't know it would be in the 400 hp configuration

Sent from my iPhone

Iv'e heard from 370-600 but I have yet to see any real documentation on it.

Mobius22
07-16-2014, 01:24 PM
Considering who said it....I would say he probably knows what he is talking about.

RickT
07-16-2014, 01:36 PM
The Engines available on the Mondo, LSV and Mojo will be:

400 6.2L Ford Raptor - Standard
440 6.2L Ford Raptor- Optional

OutbackV comes standard with 330 5.7L - Which is the same engine as last year and Standard in most all competitors. There is no engine upgrade available to the OBV due to sizing of 6.2L.

In Supra, The same but with a 575 6.2L Supercharged Raptor available. 400 6.2L Standard on SA,SC. 440 Std on SE

patrick232
07-16-2014, 01:52 PM
So can I send my 2014 Mondo back for the new engine update. It should just be a few bolts and hours to complete, sorta plug and play. I'll even bring it to the plant at the end of the season ;)

I'm not allowed to even look at a new boat for 5 years per the better half, but I'll wear her down to 4.

Jwredmon101
07-16-2014, 01:56 PM
So can I send my 2014 Mondo back for the new engine update. It should just be a few bolts and hours to complete, sorta plug and play. I'll even bring it to the plant at the end of the season ;)

I'm not allowed to even look at a new boat for 5 years per the better half, but I'll wear her down to 4.
Same .. she said unless our daughter(which is 10 months old now) goes pro .. we are sticking with our mondo for several years to come lol. But by that time all the little bugs and issues should be resolved with the new ford motors

rdlangston13
07-16-2014, 02:27 PM
I'm still 4 to 5 years out on a new boat too. Trying to do this whole debt free thing

Sent from my iPhone

jester
07-16-2014, 02:40 PM
I'm still 4 to 5 years out on a new boat too. Trying to do this whole debt free thing

Sent from my iPhone

Why be debt free when you can have a new amazing boat in the driveway?

chadjitsu1
07-16-2014, 03:10 PM
So the new boat is going to have 6 more inches than the current Mojo model? That wouldn't be enough to make me switch BUT if any of you are thinking about upgrading I may think about taking your old much smaller Mojo off your hands. I am specifically looking for a nice bright GREEN one.

I will also be selling a 07 LSV if anyone is in the market.

patrick232
07-16-2014, 03:42 PM

Sent from my iPhone

Congrats on trying to get there. We have a spending problem, but I won't name her.

Mrd8ker
07-17-2014, 04:50 PM
We have a spending problem that lives at my house as well. I can't complain too loud as it helped me get into the Mondo.:cool:

jmb
07-17-2014, 06:50 PM
I am completely debt free and love it. I do not want to give a financial institution any more of my money if I can help it. Banks look better than my home.

Riding23
07-18-2014, 06:18 PM
You gotta be kidding me, i asked my dealer like 10 times if this was ever going to happen cuz I hate my '14 mojo tower and he said no way....

jmvotto
07-19-2014, 07:40 AM
Bring back the v2 option. People will buy it , it would look Aewsome on the 23 ft 2015 mojo.

New Guy
07-19-2014, 12:26 PM
^ IMHO as much as I love the v2 I think it is too small for a Mojo. It fits really well on a traditional bow boat but with the new styling of the Mondo and Mojo I don't think it would flow very well.

checkmate0021
07-20-2014, 02:15 PM
Does anyone have a picture of a completed 2015 Mojo yet? Its slightly bigger then the 2014 and we are trying to see what color combo we should pick. It looks like they change up the color pattern each yet just not the colors you can use. We were told to use the 2014 color builder we have to have the color combo into them Monday in order to make the 2nd week of August delivery. We were able to see the hull and get a general layout but that was all.
Right now we are leaning towards: white hull/Main panel Platinum/Accent color celestial blue or Brittany blue with scheme 2 paint setup. Does anyone have Platinum with a white hull? doe it look good or like a mistake?

Also does anyone have the final engine spec's dealer can only tell us its a 6.2 Ford Raptor 400. I'm taking this to be the Ford Boss 6.2 that puts 400-411 HP output at base.

RickT
07-20-2014, 07:37 PM
A couple more.
Yes. 400 6.2L Ford Raptor with 5 Year Complete drive train warranty is standard.
Mojo for this year is Standard with 2,000 Pounds ballast. Has a new Surf Edition package available that adds Flow and 500 bow ballast on top of Standard for LSV, Mojo. Mondo gets 650 in rear and goes to 2300 with Surf Edition.
Fusion stereo with zone control is Standard on M series as well.

More to come

:)

Riding23
07-20-2014, 09:20 PM
so I can trade in my 2013 Mojo with less than 50 hours for a straight trade??? lol

Sharpshooter
07-20-2014, 09:37 PM
Any chance transom LEDS will be an option from the factory

2013 Moomba LSV

sioux
07-21-2014, 08:42 AM
Underwater LED right from the factory!!!! Think there should be a 2014 to 2015 trade in option!!!

Riding23
07-21-2014, 08:52 AM
Agree with you 100%!!

patrick232
07-21-2014, 09:48 AM
Underwater LED right from the factory!!!! Think there should be a 2014 to 2015 trade in option!!!

I would be happy with a that.

jstenger
07-21-2014, 05:06 PM
2015 Mondo

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd382/Joestenger/IMG_33339514719976.jpeg (http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/Joestenger/media/IMG_33339514719976.jpeg.html)

motosno963
07-21-2014, 06:21 PM
^^ beat me to it haha..i was just going to say something about that haha

Jwredmon101
07-21-2014, 06:27 PM
what am I missing on the difference? appearance wise?

tater
07-21-2014, 07:00 PM
what am I missing on the difference? appearance wise?

The purple paint option is one.

marman
07-21-2014, 07:39 PM
The dash is different also. Interior design is different.

marman
07-21-2014, 08:39 PM
http://www.omahamarinecenter.com/New-Inventory-2015-Moomba-SkiWakeboard-Mondo-Omaha-Nebraska-759102

The "speaker box logo lights," sounds new.

I swear that tower on the purple boat looks a little different than mine also. Maybe at the bottom where it attaches to the boat.

jmvotto
07-21-2014, 08:54 PM
http://www.omahamarinecenter.com/New-Inventory-2015-Moomba-SkiWakeboard-Mondo-Omaha-Nebraska-759102

The "speaker box logo lights," sounds new.

I swear that tower on the purple boat looks a little different than mine also. Maybe at the bottom where it attaches to the boat.

I thought the new ford raptor engines were all 400 hp and higher.

marman
07-21-2014, 08:59 PM
I thought the new ford raptor engines were all 400 hp and higher.

According to Rick T's post, I guess he would know, that is true. I wonder if that dealer just took a SWAG at it or something. A little scary if so. Perhaps the dealers need to be on the forum to read what Rick T. puts on here!

mikenehrkorn
07-21-2014, 09:02 PM

Yep, the bar at the bottom on my '13 is smaller and parallel to the line of the boat. Actually looks like the tower may also stand up a bit taller which I would love cause I always hit my head on mine!!

Sharpshooter
07-21-2014, 11:41 PM
Don't forget the supra s type tower will be an option for 2015

2013 Moomba LSV

tnbrooks01
07-22-2014, 09:29 AM
Don't forget the supra s type tower will be an option for 2015

2013 Moomba LSV

I think that's only an option on the mojo since it will now have the wider beam.

RickT
07-22-2014, 10:08 AM
Just for Clarification sake

The New Engine for Moomba is the 400 6.2L Ford Raptor. The 400 signifies a couple of things.

The HP is close to 400, but will be rated at 386.
The Torgue is at 404 ft/pounds which is where you feel the real power of this engine.

The Ford Name is not meant to only discuss HP but more importantly Torque. Though both are very near the 400 number and thus the name.

The Sbend Tower is an option on 2015 Mojo, only.

tnbrooks01
07-22-2014, 02:23 PM
Rick T, thank you for that clarification.

Can you clarify/comment on the new mojo hull dimensions or is that an August 1 topic?

Some comments have have been made about beam change to 100" and also some comments about 23' or 22.6 etc....

mmandley
07-22-2014, 03:28 PM
Rick T, thank you for that clarification.

Can you clarify/comment on the new mojo hull dimensions or is that an August 1 topic?

Some comments have have been made about beam change to 100" and also some comments about 23' or 22.6 etc....

Your Larger dimensions are correct from what I have heard. Looking at the picture though I only see it in the nose. The nose looks longer now, and it looks to have a more pronounced lip at the rub rail from where the lower hull meets.

Interior wise it has some subtle line differences such as on the rear seats. Dash appears to be rounded on top and not as boxy. Tower looks like it was slightly shifted back but that might be optical from the picture.

checkmate0021
07-23-2014, 01:04 AM
Though I would try something and it looks like some of the data and landing pages on the 15's have be put into the Boat Configurator. So if you open the Configurator and then change the last two numbers in the address bar to:
you will get the Moombas
you will get the 15 Supras

Sharpshooter
07-23-2014, 07:26 AM
Though I would try something and it looks like some of the data and landing pages on the 15's have be put into the Boat Configurator. So if you open the Configurator and then change the last two numbers in the address bar to:
you will get the Moombas
you will get the 15 Supras

Tried it and got the 2015 mojo to pull up but it would not let me see the options

wolff supra21v
07-23-2014, 08:43 AM
I was messing with supra page (20) and I seen option stating SE and SG I have not heard of anything about an new supra SG (I wonder if the SG is going to be the 242)

checkmate0021
07-23-2014, 03:02 PM
Only some of the models have options filled in and some have partial. All of them have the MSRP in at this point.

Sharpshooter
07-23-2014, 03:44 PM
It appears the only one with options is the OBV

rbeckner27
07-23-2014, 05:08 PM
Have been told SE most likely 24' and resemble a larger SA and the SG could very well resemble the SC at 23'

tater
07-23-2014, 07:59 PM
Have been told SE most likely 24' and resemble a larger SA and the SG could very well resemble the SC at 23'

Asked my dealer today about the SE.MRSP - 115,000 large not in my budget but said it was an awesome boat.

13mobiusLSV
07-23-2014, 09:29 PM
Asked my dealer today about the SE.MRSP - 115,000 large not in my budget but said it was an awesome boat.

Jim we could trade in both our lsv's and maybe get one good boat between our two!

freshturk
07-24-2014, 03:49 PM
Always thankful for new model years, especially because they just got me a hell of a deal on a 2014

tater
07-24-2014, 07:21 PM
Jim we could trade in both our lsv's and maybe get one good boat between our two!

Now thats funny,I think it would have to be a Nautique though, I did have an issue free week at Norris last week,well besides the occasional wake plate going beserk ever once in awile but im numb to it at this point,hope you had a great Norris trip as well.

RickT
07-25-2014, 09:59 PM
August 1st. We introduce the all new from bottom to top. Mojo!

tater
07-26-2014, 09:24 AM
August 1st. We introduce the all new from bottom to top. Mojo!

I am very excited for this,looking to upgrade very soon !!!!!!!!!!!

wolfeman131
07-28-2014, 10:54 PM
Another sneak peek for the photoshoot of the 2015 Mojo

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/b1f1da55f0a306e2319889c191c37079.jpg

uniwarking
07-29-2014, 09:23 AM
Wow... That wave is out back... Wish mine was that long!

wolfeman131
07-29-2014, 01:11 PM
it can be . . .

proper weighting and go with the FLOW

uniwarking
07-29-2014, 01:36 PM
I've got 900's and an IBS... I'd like to get this Flow... Likely next season if I can get a decent price worked out in the offseason.

RickT
07-30-2014, 01:31 PM
LSV.... with New snap-in Non skid

kaneboats
07-30-2014, 01:33 PM
I want that floor! Such a tease.

RickT
07-30-2014, 01:42 PM
Standard! Mondo,LSV,Mojo (With Volume Zone Controls!)

FusionBluetooth.jpg (6.3 KB)

boater4life
07-30-2014, 01:44 PM
Here is a 2015 Mondo for sale with some pictures: http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=44720

Haven't been following this thread so sorry if this has been posted before.

Cigars n scotch
07-30-2014, 01:50 PM
Alright I know I should be looking at the wave in that pic Wolfe posted but is that a girl or a guy riding? WTH is going on with those shorts.

That carpet is awesome, why in the world did wakeboat manufacturers take so long to figure this out? I'd love to be able to have something like that cut for my 21V. I HATE CARPET!

patrick232
07-30-2014, 02:10 PM
will the 2015 Mondo have the non skid option and will it fit the 2014? I would like to order I think.

kaneboats
07-30-2014, 02:11 PM
Alright I know I should be looking at the wave in that pic Wolfe posted but is that a girl or a guy riding? WTH is going on with those shorts.

It's his (very) young daughter-- EYES ON THE WAKE!!!!!

KG's Supra24
07-30-2014, 02:41 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/10/27/article-2224046-15B73B74000005DC-947_306x423.jpg

Cigars n scotch
07-30-2014, 03:29 PM

I knew I would be harassed by that comment and I didn't explain myself very clearly. I was on my phone looking at picture so it's not very clear and I certainly wasn't looking at the persons rear but more so noticed something weird about the shorts, ahhh forget it. I meant nothing by it the pic just looked weird on my phone.

Well played KG.

moombadaze
07-30-2014, 04:17 PM
LSV.... with New snap-in Non skid

love that, but would I be able to put it in m 2013 LSV

RickT
07-30-2014, 04:46 PM
DigitalPro.jpg (8.3 KB)

jstenger
07-30-2014, 06:49 PM
DigitalPro.jpg (8.3 KB)
Rick, is it possible to upgrade the firmware on our 2014's to get these new features? Thanks.

jester
07-30-2014, 06:55 PM
Rick, is it possible to upgrade the firmware on our 2014's to get these new features? Thanks.

There is always a way to upgrade. Buy a 2015. I know that is not helpful. It would be nice if there was a simple upgrade to there systems and from a programming side it is a check to see the boat it is attached too but you know that is just what I would do

jstenger
07-30-2014, 06:57 PM
There is always a way to upgrade. Buy a 2015.
Yeah right! My wife wanted to kill me over getting the 2014 LSV. She thought the 2010 OBV was just fine.

Mobius22
07-30-2014, 07:10 PM

Check this out... New Mojo Dash! Holy awesome!

marman
07-30-2014, 07:26 PM
60 mph!!!!!

RickT
07-30-2014, 09:21 PM
60 mph!!!!!

It's Got a 400 Ford Raptor in it! :)

jmvotto
07-30-2014, 09:57 PM
I went from a 325 to a 345 and lost 7 mph. Lol

60 no way, 50 maybe?

wolfeman131
07-30-2014, 10:04 PM

Yes, that is my daughter and those are the comp shorts she wears over her bikini bottoms so you didn't get both the sun & the moon in that shot.

wolfeman131
07-30-2014, 10:06 PM

Thank, Brother Kane!

kriley
07-31-2014, 07:43 AM
Rick T - You are killing us!!
Showed the wife the new pics of the dash, motor, and other - First comment was .... NO!!! Second comment from her was Don't Think About It!!!
Dang

jstenger
08-01-2014, 08:18 AM
It's the 1st, where are they? LOL

Sharpshooter
08-01-2014, 08:20 AM
Bueller Bueller Bueller

13mobiusLSV
08-01-2014, 08:45 AM
I feel like I'm at a strip club on perv row just waiting for the eye candy to roll out. no? that's just me?

Sharpshooter
08-01-2014, 09:15 AM
I feel like I'm at a strip club on perv row just waiting for the eye candy to roll out. no? that's just me?

I here ya Iam sitting here with singles ready to make it rain

mcdye
08-01-2014, 10:15 AM

a little preshow candy..

mikenehrkorn
08-01-2014, 10:22 AM

^^^ I have to stop reading this forum from work -- when I bust out laughing out loud it makes it difficult for people to think I'm doing meaningful work!! :)

irish-racing
08-01-2014, 10:37 AM
^^^ I have to stop reading this forum from work -- when I bust out laughing out loud it makes it difficult for people to think I'm doing meaningful work!! :)

I have the same problem at work. I am pretty sure most people think I have issues.

moombadaze
08-01-2014, 10:48 AM
where are the big unveil pictures

Mobius22
08-01-2014, 10:57 AM
Patience young grasshopper

Sharpshooter
08-01-2014, 11:27 AM
a little preshow candy..

Want this new floor option get real hot in the sun

rbeckner27
08-01-2014, 11:28 AM
a little preshow candy..

Not a fan of that vinyl style it looks very cheap, similar to the axis which is exactly why my wife said no to it.

Sharpshooter
08-01-2014, 11:37 AM
Iam I the only one that keeps clicking on the build a boat option hoping it has been updated

kaneboats
08-01-2014, 11:39 AM
That usually takes a couple of weeks.

sandm
08-01-2014, 12:50 PM
Not a fan of that vinyl style it looks very cheap, similar to the axis which is exactly why my wife said no to it.
agreed, but looks like it might have been ordered that way with options for different colors to accent it? the mojo/mondo's from '14 that I have been in have very nice interiors with color schemes that look better than that.

Cody
08-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Rode in the Supra SE yesterday! Excellent surf wave that thing puts out - STOCK. Massive size, great upgrades, great ride. Skiers Choice nailed this boat. If only I had the cash!!

ps. That Raptor motor was amazing. Just saying.

rbeckner27
08-01-2014, 12:58 PM
agreed, but looks like it might have been ordered that way with options for different colors to accent it? the mojo/mondo's from '14 that I have been in have very nice interiors with color schemes that look better than that.

Agree 100% as our mojo and most others I have seen have a much more appealing interior. I just don't want people to compare the moomba interior to axis as I don't think that is a compliment.

RickT
08-01-2014, 01:26 PM

Mojo Interior Shot

Mobius22
08-01-2014, 01:32 PM
:o

WOW!

Sharpshooter
08-01-2014, 02:03 PM
Niiiice!!!!!!!

skiyaker
08-01-2014, 02:20 PM
RickT you're killing me. New Moomba wasn't even on the radar until I saw the raptor engine- how I would love to get the GM block out of my life in favor of a Ford (did SC get a bailout? Just kidding). And my wife has always thought boat carpet is nasty.

yz 2smoke
08-01-2014, 02:41 PM
I agree with your wife on the carpet. It is the main reason my wife and I want a new boat. The other upgrades are just icing on top. I'm stopping by atlanta marine tomorrow. I hope they have a 15 to look at.

marman
08-01-2014, 06:30 PM
I agree with your wife on the carpet. It is the main reason my wife and I want a new boat. The other upgrades are just icing on top. I'm stopping by atlanta marine tomorrow. I hope they have a 15 to look at.

I stopped by there last week and I didn't see one. Keep in mind they will be getting a lot of the YMCA lease boats back at the end of August. Someone will be able to get some nice deals on some 2014 Moomba's and Supra's.

I am kind of bummed out though about the carpet also. I really don't like mine (about the only thing I don't like). I rode in a MXZ that had some cool woven type material that let the water flow all the way to the deck. It even felt good on my feet. I don't like the way my carpet keeps water trapped. If this new style on the 15's are similar then that would be great. I just hope it will fit my 14 without a lot of mods. From this picture of the 15 Mondo it looks as if they have a 3 piece carpet now instead of 2. Looks like I would have to move/add some snaps to make it work.

jmvotto
08-03-2014, 09:28 AM
Love to see the on water view with the new s bend tower.