PDA

View Full Version : launching Boat questions

Gabbyg88
07-04-2014, 07:39 PM
I been having trouble launching and also getting the boat back on the trailer ave looking for recommendations. When i launch the boat the bow is getting stuck on the bow stop roller.when getting yhe boat back on the trailer the bow hits the bow stop roller and i struggle to get the bow over the roller. I followed the manual which says to have the fenders a couple inches under water. I am not sure if the hitch is too high or low or something else I am doing. Any suggestions?

MLA
07-04-2014, 07:46 PM
Sounds like you are backing the trailer too deep.

Gabbyg88
07-04-2014, 07:54 PM
I have tried not backing as far but then struggle to get the boat off the trailer

moombahighrider
07-04-2014, 09:12 PM
How steep of a ramp are you launching on? On the lakes I use, I put the boat trailer fenders 1" under the water and it is perfect. Sounds like your ramp is steeper than what I use.

parrothd
07-05-2014, 12:30 AM
Sucks, it's probably the ramp angel. On my old ramp you had to power load it( insert power loading complaints, bla bla, bla).

Just leave the trailer a little higher out of the water and then use a little throttle to push it up and crank pulley at the same time..

jmb
07-05-2014, 08:23 AM
Fenders under water to launch. Fenders tops out of water to load. Thats how I do it

slipperyrockTKE300
07-05-2014, 09:21 AM
"Fenders under water to launch. Fenders tops out of water to load."

good rule of thumb jmb!

Exactly how I do it. To launch boat, truck driver backs boat down ramp far enough where he hits the brakes and the boat slides into the water.

Gabbyg88
07-05-2014, 12:50 PM
I tried using a lower hitch which seemed to help a little. Never really took notice to the angel of the launch ramp until today. I will have to try the fenders at the top of the water tomorrow morning. If only there was a lake community near by, I would just buy a new home on the lake, that would solve that problem quickly..... although, I may miss watching all the Wall's trying back their trailers in and out of the water. On second thought, I wouldn't miss it at all.

jmb
07-06-2014, 07:52 AM
I tried using a lower hitch which seemed to help a little. Never really took notice to the angel of the launch ramp until today. I will have to try the fenders at the top of the water tomorrow morning. If only there was a lake community near by, I would just buy a new home on the lake, that would solve that problem quickly..... although, I may miss watching all the Wall's trying back their trailers in and out of the water. On second thought, I wouldn't miss it at all.
That would solve the problem.

Gabbyg88
07-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Great advise on getting boat back up on trailer. Top of fenders at the surface of the water worked great. Bow came up over the bow roller and I had the wife gas it a little bit and done ..;) only problem the trailer winch broke.

parrothd
07-06-2014, 04:18 PM
I call that.. The power assist..

Ian Brantford
07-06-2014, 11:43 PM
Great advise on getting boat back up on trailer. Top of fenders at the surface of the water worked great. Bow came up over the bow roller and I had the wife gas it a little bit and done ..;) only problem the trailer winch broke.

Oops! Well, now that you have to replace a winch, you might as well get the right one, the Fulton F2 two-speed winch. You will never need to power on again. I upgraded to this model and it works as expected (i.e. extremely well).