PDA

View Full Version : Stress crack covered under warranty?

gscharf
07-03-2014, 08:03 PM
I have started a warranty claim this week for a stress crack. Mine is on the driver side starting under the windshield and coming out and underneath the "black front air scoop". I have to provide better pictures to SC for them to evaluate. Since I won't be with my boat till July 11th I was looking to get experiences from others. It is a 2013 Outback V purchased in Oct 13 with 20 hours.

Has anyone claimed anything like this with SC under warranty with success? If so what was the repair and should I have cause for concern? I hope my dealer and SC will live up to their quality standards.

slipperyrockTKE300
07-04-2014, 07:47 AM
I have no experience claiming anything like this, but just posting this in order to help you back up your claim...I have the 1st year NG OBV (2009).

Usually the 1st year's production are the worst.

I have zero stress fractures in my hull - not even around the tower mounting.

My boat is in no way babied.

I did have the "black air scoop" crack, but not the fiberglass under it.

Good luck. Hope it works out

mmandley
07-07-2014, 12:53 PM
I have had a couple warranty claims through SC and all have been great experiences.

Stress cracks, no but several other issues over the years.

I know of a SC that came in to the dealer with stress cracks because they didn't drill the holes correctly and it caused the cracking. All was covered no issues.

For yours, as long as you haven't removed your windshield and there is no damage showing an inpact on your end then I would assume they will cover it no issue.