PDA

View Full Version : Found Baby Bird on Ground. Help!

slipperyrockTKE300
07-02-2014, 04:06 PM
anybody experience this? Baby bird on ground, parents freaking out above. Bird too young to be out of the nest.

What to do?

I did pick it up to get it away from my dog who was rolling it around with his nose. Moved it to my neighbors yard behind my fence.

slipperyrockTKE300
07-02-2014, 04:18 PM
Did a search on internet and made a nest for the poor little guy out of a Tupperware bowl and shredded paper towels.

This is supposed to keep mom feeding him.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

I can't stand animals being harmed or dyeing

KG's Supra24
07-02-2014, 04:27 PM
It sounds like you got it taken care of!! I'd think you could use leaves and twigs with the paper towels. Internets know everything, though.

I do think you should start showing him how to fly, though. Strap on a set of wings and run around the yard flapping em!

slipperyrockTKE300
07-02-2014, 04:30 PM
"Strap on a set of wings and run around the yard flapping em! "

I could do this if I didn't sell the wakekite.

Seriously - Anybody able to help this poor little creature?

KG's Supra24
07-02-2014, 04:40 PM
http://www.southlakeanimalclinic.com/clermont-veterinary-services.html

"we also specialize in the care of birds and exotic animals." ....

(352) 394-2202 OR [email protected]

Is there a reason you think your nest won't work? Can you put it near the original nest location? Guess the original nest has been destroyed?

Or maybe http://www.floridawildlifecare.org/birds.htm

slipperyrockTKE300
07-02-2014, 04:42 PM
never mind. Cat got him and El Birdo is no longer in one piece.

RIP little Van Halen. You deserved a better life.

I pray for your soul.

KG's Supra24
07-02-2014, 04:43 PM
from the wildcare center .....

"If you cannot locate the nest or it has been destroyed, simply create a substitute. Use a plastic berry box or a planter with drain holes. Fill the container with natural, non-absorbent material such as pine straw, dried grass, or leaves."

Perhaps the paper towels are not the answer ....

KG's Supra24
07-02-2014, 04:44 PM
Well that escalated quickly.

What else you got going on today?

slipperyrockTKE300
07-02-2014, 04:46 PM
Well...at this point I think I may go out and feel the butts of some girls cross country athletes.

That may make me feel better.

That reminds me of a joke where a cat stuck his head up under a woman's skirt and replied: " I don't see any similarity"

motosno963
07-02-2014, 05:02 PM
My buddy found a baby ratcoon.. things pretty cool

KG's Supra24
07-02-2014, 05:06 PM
Well...at this point I think I may go out and feel the butts of some girls cross country athletes.

I bet bubba would return the favor at the local detention center :)

Get your Tupperware back?

slipperyrockTKE300
07-02-2014, 05:21 PM
He would. The detention center is known as the Central Florida Reception Center. My wife worked there for 5 years being the recreation director for male maximum security inmates.

After that experience, she doesn't take much crap off of anyone!

Got a tropical storm in our area. I was so worried about birdie, I left my Border Collies out in the storm. I'll never hear the end of that from either of them!

e