PDA

View Full Version : Boat set-up for wake surfing behind lsv 2013

goillinois68
07-02-2014, 01:53 PM
Have 2013 lsv with 1800 lbs total, 600 lbs each side in back and 600 in the center. Could use suggestions on the proper set-up for a good wave

slipperyrockTKE300
07-02-2014, 02:07 PM
Not enough ballast in the rear of that boat.

AAAAAArghhhhh. I want everybody in the world who is trying to surf to come to Orlando and let me teach them how.

Then we will send them home to worry about ballast set-up.

I think we are having a period where history (where wakesurfing started to become popular) is repeating itself.

moombadaze
07-02-2014, 02:40 PM
Have 2013 lsv with 1800 lbs total, 600 lbs each side in back and 600 in the center. Could use suggestions on the proper set-up for a good wave

have same boat.

for regular surfing. fill your rear surf side bag full, fill the front full, have cooler on surf side, all people other than the driver on the surfside. wake plate to bow up position, speed about 10.5 mph.

next step--buy 1100lb bag for surf side rear, add in a ibs (integrated bow sack, goes under bow seats), then you can add about 30% to your drivers side rear bag. everything else stays the same with cooler and people

goillinois68
07-02-2014, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the info

nitrodude24
07-02-2014, 05:35 PM
What they said working for regular side on my 14 lsv

Jwredmon101
07-02-2014, 05:39 PM
Not enough ballast in the rear of that boat.

AAAAAArghhhhh. I want everybody in the world who is trying to surf to come to Orlando and let me teach them how.

Then we will send them home to worry about ballast set-up.

I think we are having a period where history (where wakesurfing started to become popular) is repeating itself.

Did I miss something about him not knowing how to surf? or am I reading your post wrong? I dont think he asked for surf lessons?

costanza
07-03-2014, 09:27 PM
have same boat.

for regular surfing. fill your rear surf side bag full, fill the front full, have cooler on surf side, all people other than the driver on the surfside. wake plate to bow up position, speed about 10.5 mph.

next step--buy 1100lb bag for surf side rear, add in a ibs (integrated bow sack, goes under bow seats), then you can add about 30% to your drivers side rear bag. everything else stays the same with cooler and people

Hey there, Sorry to jump in with q's. I just bought same boat this year... I have 1100 in rear, ibs up front, and center full... What is a cooler on surf side? Just a smaller sac? With what I have should I fill up driver side at all as well, or get a "cooler" on surf side and then fill up driver side a little bit? Wake was decent with what I have, but hey, you always want bigger right!! I have the 400 that came stock in the rear of my OBV I had last year. Should I put that under the surf side seat and fill it? I also have a 750 I bought for my OBV goofy side that I never got around to installing before selling that boat. Should I put that somewhere as well or instead of? Thanks for any tips!!

wolfeman131
07-04-2014, 07:30 AM
A cooler is the thing that you fill with ice and beer.

Rookie. :)

Yes, put that 400 under the port seats if you surf reg. & throw that 750 on the floor, surf side seats or on top of the rear lockers if you want.

rca
07-04-2014, 01:49 PM
In my '11 LSV we run the following for a pretty good wave.

Goofy side:
1100 in starboard rear full
0 in port rear
ski locker full
IBS full
if no else is in the boat but my wife and I
350 bag on seat behind driver
350 bag on rear seat

Regular side:
1100 in port rear
200 in starboard rear (have to adjust this to get the wash right)
ski locker full
IBS full
if no else is in the boat but my wife and I
540 bag on floor next to the cooler (this one is new, just figured out I needed a little more than the 350 for this side)
350 bag on rear seat

Sometimes we add a little more up front to lengthen the wave too, maybe one of the 350 bags in the bow.

These are the starting points too. You have to adjust to the weight of the people in the boat and daily conditions.

moombadaze
07-05-2014, 08:37 PM
Hey there, Sorry to jump in with q's. I just bought same boat this year... I have 1100 in rear, ibs up front, and center full... What is a cooler on surf side? Just a smaller sac? With what I have should I fill up driver side at all as well, or get a "cooler" on surf side and then fill up driver side a little bit? Wake was decent with what I have, but hey, you always want bigger right!! I have the 400 that came stock in the rear of my OBV I had last year. Should I put that under the surf side seat and fill it? I also have a 750 I bought for my OBV goofy side that I never got around to installing before selling that boat. Should I put that somewhere as well or instead of? Thanks for any tips!!sorry about the cooler issue--its just that a cooler with ice and beverage=weight. anyway, my normal set up now is: 1100 rear locker, 540 under port seat filled to capacity that is less than 540 as it starts lifting seats when full=300-400 lbs?, tank under floor full=500lb, ibs full, driver side rear locker has 750lb bag-usually filled to 30-35%, sometimes I add a 500lb bag on front bow seats.----we surf 100% of the time regular. our lake is shallow at a average depth of 10-12 feet and that really effects out wave. when the lake is shallower I run less weight, when its at full pool I run heavier. Wave has good push, height and length. biggest thing is the boat is blue and according to wolfeman's pro surfer daughters that alone makes the best wave.....

wolfeman131
07-06-2014, 12:00 AM
Yep,

Blue boats make the best waves.

costanza
07-07-2014, 12:47 PM
A cooler is the thing that you fill with ice and beer.

Rookie. :)

L-O-L!!!!! K, good to know...
So far it's a huge difference in wave from my OBV to LSV! I'm finally able to surf without the rope... Now to just tweak the wake a little more... I'll try putting 400 sac under the passenger side seat to see what kind of difference that makes... Thanks all for the tips!!!