PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood KCA-RC60MR Remote Replacement

supervol0509
06-30-2014, 10:18 AM
We recently had to replace the head unit in our boat. I guess from sitting in our driveway for a few weeks, the humidity that built up beneath the cover was just too much for it to take. When we had the head unit replaced, the installer found that the existing remote (mounted on the dash) was no longer connected to the unit, and had been cut. This is consistent with what we experienced, because it wasn't work for us. The existing remote is an elliptical shape, and there is a spot molded into the dash for it. I assume this was an option for Moomba (to have the remove dash mounted by the factory). Anyway, the new Kenwood remotes are round, so the question is what to do here. I prefer to not have a non-functioning remote abandoned on the dash, but not sure what else to do. I don't know if the round remote can be mounted in its place, and it likely won't look right, even if it can be. Any ideas on what to do for the old remote, and where to mount the new?

Sharpshooter
06-30-2014, 10:49 AM
I keep a 24inch box fan running in my boat with the cover on and have no problems with humidity or condisation

kaneboats
06-30-2014, 11:51 AM
Which boat, which year? Post a pic.

motosno963
06-30-2014, 01:50 PM
my 04 out back had one..well still does..its a cream color..mine doesnt work and i dont think i could remove it since i dont see any remotes that are new that have that shape

supervol0509
06-30-2014, 09:35 PM
Running the box fan 24/7 is not approved by storage facility.

It's an 03 Outback LSV. Can't access any pics at the moment.

I'm going to install the new circular Kenwood remote, eventually, but would rather not just leave the old remote abandoned in place. Any idea if there is an iPhone app that would turn the phone into a remote via Bluetooth?