PDA

View Full Version : bilge pump wont come on

togan9
06-29-2014, 02:41 PM
2008 moomba lsv. my bilge pump doesnt work and i cannot get the button to even light up. i checked the breakers and they are good. any ideas?

zabooda
06-29-2014, 04:27 PM
Check the power at the pump. If it has power then something is amiss with the pump motor or housing. Remove the pump motor from the housing and see it it runs. There could be something lodged inside the housing. If you are not tripping the breaker then your pump motor has failed.

Henri3
06-29-2014, 04:42 PM
I am having the same problem with my 08 lsv except my light is always on, even when the rocker switch is not on, the bilge does not run when switched on or off but the light is on as soon as I turn on my battery.

mmandley
06-29-2014, 05:23 PM
I am having the same problem with my 08 lsv except my light is always on, even when the rocker switch is not on, the bilge does not run when switched on or off but the light is on as soon as I turn on my battery.

You pump might have went bad from running non stop. There is a small screen filter on the bottoms and I have had mine get clogged causing the pump to think it has to run all the time.

togan9
06-29-2014, 05:28 PM
where is the pump located?

zabooda
06-29-2014, 11:00 PM
Somewhere in the deep trenches of your boat. You will either see it looking in the engine compartment or an inspection plate in the floor.

Ian Brantford
06-30-2014, 12:05 AM
What's the best way to get access to the bottom of the bilge area for this kind of work? When replacing my steering cable, I had to remove the hinged side door for the engine compartment and lay down in there. I ended up with an injured shoulder.