PDA

View Full Version : Digital speed is way off

Jwredmon101
06-24-2014, 09:46 AM
Well found out what my problem was on why I could not get ropeless. My digital speed on the boat is 2mph OFF!!!!In order to go 10.4 I have to set the cruise to 8.4 .. as soon as we found out the problem we instantly had 3 people riding ropeless including my 6'3 300 pound friend on a CWB Ride... Made a huge difference.. anyone reading this that is having trouble. GPS your speed! Digital is NOT a surefire way of knowing and made all the difference!!!!

jstenger
06-24-2014, 12:17 PM
You can adjust that by going into the menu of the digital cruise.

mikenehrkorn
06-24-2014, 12:25 PM
Is there a best speed to go when calibrating between the GPS and cruise?

kaneboats
06-24-2014, 12:31 PM
I would think the midpoint of where you normally run so around 15-18 mph for most people.

gregski
06-24-2014, 12:31 PM
Calibrate at the speed you use. If you use a couple of speeds (wake surf and wake board) I would calibrate at the higher speed.

jstenger
06-24-2014, 01:20 PM
I used my phone GPS and calibrated my analog speedometer at 20mph. I then set the offset for the digital to match the analog at 20mph. I am a half mph low at 10mph and a half mph high at 30mph. That is the best I could get.

nitrodude24
06-24-2014, 01:27 PM
I bought and installed the nautilaugic gps speed sensor last week and love it probably the best 235.00 I ve spent on my new boat. I would recommend it to anyone.

mikenehrkorn
06-24-2014, 01:48 PM
I used my phone GPS and calibrated my analog speedometer at 20mph. I then set the offset for the digital to match the analog at 20mph. I am a half mph low at 10mph and a half mph high at 30mph. That is the best I could get.

Was there a specific app you used?

sioux
06-24-2014, 01:52 PM
When I bought my mondo I added the GPS. Is yours off with the gps? I just got a call from my dealer to replace a speed control module???? I am having a terrible time getting a good wake to surf. Kind of hoping my speed is off like yours so I can finally get a nice wake!!!

Jwredmon101
06-24-2014, 02:20 PM
When I bought my mondo I added the GPS. Is yours off with the gps? I just got a call from my dealer to replace a speed control module???? I am having a terrible time getting a good wake to surf. Kind of hoping my speed is off like yours so I can finally get a nice wake!!!

Sent ya a PM buddy

jstenger
06-24-2014, 02:38 PM
Was there a specific app you used?
No, just used the first one that popped up on Google Play when I searched for GPS speedometer. It was DigiHUD.

mmandley
06-25-2014, 11:57 AM
Well found out what my problem was on why I could not get ropeless. My digital speed on the boat is 2mph OFF!!!!In order to go 10.4 I have to set the cruise to 8.4 .. as soon as we found out the problem we instantly had 3 people riding ropeless including my 6'3 300 pound friend on a CWB Ride... Made a huge difference.. anyone reading this that is having trouble. GPS your speed! Digital is NOT a surefire way of knowing and made all the difference!!!!

When I'm going at any speed with no ballast everything is perfect.
When I surf Regular everything is perfect.

When we surf Goofy is when our speed is off, but its not even consistently off its just off. Monday Claudia surfed and I had to speed the boat up and slow it down 3 different times by 1 mph to keep her wave clean and make sure we didnt out run her.

Been a frustrating problem me and the dealer are working through, along with the phantom wake plate down issue.