PDA

View Full Version : Ballast pumps, sprinkler valves..?

powerstroke99
06-22-2014, 12:51 PM
Where would one find new replacement drain pumps/fill pump for the the stock gravity 3.. also new sprinkler valves.. just want to replace the 7 year old stuff in the xlv.. TIA

Cigars n scotch
06-22-2014, 01:05 PM
Ballast pumps check wakemakers or Bakes? Sprinkler valves can be purchased from lowes/HD or http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Sprinkler-System-Irrigation-Valves-s/36.htm. Irritrol is what is in my boat and I think they are pretty standard for sprinkler valves but the more knowledgeable folks will chime in here.

Beejwest
06-22-2014, 02:11 PM
Yeahp. The irritrol valves can be found at Home Depot for like $12. Just take an old one in and compare. You can also upgrade to the Irritrol 700 series which has better through-flow. That'll run you about $75 for three. You can find them at sprinkler supply stores, or online. If you are going to replace the stock Rule pump, check out Wakemakers Supra/Moomba ballast pump upgrade package. It runs about $900, but fixes all of the inherent issues with the GIII system. If you're gonna spend $300 anyways, you may just use the stock stuff for a bit longer and save your money for the actual solution instead of patching. Thats what I'm doing anyways. It's my winter project.

garyholl
06-22-2014, 03:18 PM
Beejwest, the 110 volt solenoids work with a 12 volt system?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

gregski
06-22-2014, 08:47 PM
Sprinkler solenoids work on 24 V AC - Not 110. 12 V DC works perfectly for these solenoids.

MLA
06-22-2014, 10:06 PM
Now is your chance to do the system right. I would seriously consider totally reworking the system and do away with the restrictive sprinkler valves.

Beejwest
06-22-2014, 10:52 PM
I second what MLA said, again! The new solenoids should say 24 volt on the side. Those work fine on a 12v system.

Cigars n scotch
06-23-2014, 11:26 AM
Now is your chance to do the system right. I would seriously consider totally reworking the system and do away with the restrictive sprinkler valves.

Mike I knew you'd be in here stating this and I agree! I need to do mine but next year. OP if your funds allow it, redo the system.

moombadaze
06-23-2014, 02:45 PM
Have had and used both the old sprinkler valve and new reversible systems. my .02 is to get the reversibles

bergermaister
06-23-2014, 06:39 PM
T-1200's or bust!
;)

MLA
06-23-2014, 07:35 PM
Completely gutting the system and going with 3 impeller pumps, certainly has some pros, but cost effectiveness is not one of them. Since each sac already has an aerator drain pump system, at minimum, one could pull the main fill pump and valves and install a manifold that house 3 800 GPH aerator pumps. Common intake, rework the plumbing and wiring, and you're done. Far less expensive then 3 impeller pumps, although not as fast, but still faster then pushing through the sprinkler valves.

brain_rinse
06-24-2014, 07:49 AM
$$$ reversibles
$$ 1200s with additional intakes and check valves
$ 800s on a manifold
Or save your money IMO

powerstroke99
06-25-2014, 09:14 AM
Completely gutting the system and going with 3 impeller pumps, certainly has some pros, but cost effectiveness is not one of them. Since each sac already has an aerator drain pump system, at minimum, one could pull the main fill pump and valves and install a manifold that house 3 800 GPH aerator pumps. Common intake, rework the plumbing and wiring, and you're done. Far less expensive then 3 impeller pumps, although not as fast, but still faster then pushing through the sprinkler valves.

I like this idea.. Got dang it this forum is always spending my money haha.. Now I gotta find sometime to get this done.. Thanks for all the ideas and help guys!! Pain in the ass trying to set up the bags and stuff don't work or takes forever.

kaneboats
06-25-2014, 11:11 AM
Skip the 800 ones unless they are to upgrade your drain pumps as they fail. Use a few of these and plumb them in.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Attwood-T1200-Aerator-Pump-12-VDC/14150754

MLA
06-25-2014, 12:00 PM
I would suggest the T1200 with the 1" inlet, as opposed to the 1.125" inlet in that link. Too hard to deal with. Plenty of 1" marine plumbing out there.

kaneboats
06-25-2014, 12:14 PM
Where do you get that one? I just order the fittings that work with it from Wakemakers.

MLA
06-25-2014, 12:21 PM
That Fly High W747 .75 MST x 1.125 FPT greatly reduces the flow of the T1200. Almost to that of the T800. This has been measured.

bergermaister
06-25-2014, 12:41 PM
You can fit the 1" lines over the 1.125" inlet. Takes a little persuasion but very doable.

kaneboats
06-25-2014, 12:45 PM
That's what I did. I just nuke a cup of water and dip it in there for 45 sec. or so and then push it on. Have to do the same thing with the pool hoses I use to hook up my solar heater in the spring.

This one:

http://www.wakemakers.com/attwood-straight-t1200-3902-1.html

kaneboats
06-25-2014, 12:50 PM
BTW, the first time I encountered the oddball 1 1/8" thread I didn't know what to do. So I sanded the threads off a little at a time and turned the inlet end into a 1" barb connector with 3 little barbs on it. Worked great for a low pressure system.

MLA
06-25-2014, 01:14 PM
You can fit the 1" lines over the 1.125" inlet. Takes a little persuasion but very doable.

Why the need to put hose on a threaded inlet? I typically thread the threaded inlet into a ball valve attached to an thru-hull mushroom.

mikenehrkorn
06-25-2014, 01:15 PM
That's what I did. I just nuke a cup of water and dip it in there for 45 sec. or so and then push it on. Have to do the same thing with the pool hoses I use to hook up my solar heater in the spring.

This one:

http://www.wakemakers.com/attwood-straight-t1200-3902-1.html

If you have a heat gun that works pretty well too -- I think I found that tip on wakemakers website.

bergermaister
06-25-2014, 01:34 PM
Why the need to put hose on a threaded inlet? I typically thread the threaded inlet into a ball valve attached to an thru-hull mushroom.

That was just me being sloppy. OUTLET.

I went the heat gun route as well.

kaneboats
06-25-2014, 02:00 PM
Well, I've never seen a 1 1/8" ball valve anywhere. My method was to adapt the ball valve to 1" hose and then put it on the inlet.

You did not respond saying where you would get the tsunami pump with normal threads on it.

MLA
06-25-2014, 02:32 PM
That was just me being sloppy. OUTLET.

I went the heat gun route as well.

Gotchya, that makes sense.

MLA
06-25-2014, 02:39 PM
Well, I've never seen a 1 1/8" ball valve anywhere. My method was to adapt the ball valve to 1" hose and then put it on the inlet.

You did not respond saying where you would get the tsunami pump with normal threads on it.

Thats my point, 1.125" is such an oddball size when looking for basic plumbing parts. With the 1" threaded inlets, you thread right into the ball-valve. No need for extra fittings and reducers or hose "jumpers".

I purchase them from my general marine wholesaler.

kaneboats
06-25-2014, 02:48 PM
Interesting. I've never seen a T1200 advertised with anything other than their goofy threads.

MLA
06-25-2014, 08:45 PM
Ive been using for probably 3 years now.

kaneboats
06-26-2014, 09:05 AM
Looks like Wakemakers has them. An extra $10 or so to get the right threads.

powerstroke99
07-19-2014, 09:26 PM
Well a lil update I went with 3 separate tsunami 800 pumps, reason be I didn't want change all the hose to 1in fittings and all that stuff so kept the 3/4" stuff and I figured I can fill all three bags at same time and still be faster then stock.. They all have there own separate intake going to take out this weekend and find out how it does..2042720428

smokeysevin
05-09-2016, 11:03 AM
Necropost,

When you remove the sprinkler valves you just remove the scoop portion on the bottom of the hull and install the pumps on the inlet lines correct? the 2 stock green valves are toast and I am looking to make an improvement where possible. I have been doing a little reading and If I go that route I believe I need to add an anti-siphon loop on the inlet.

Sean

Jeepers
08-15-2016, 02:45 PM
I installed the irritrol valves and my full times have drastically increased over the orbits. I am wondering if anyone has tried a 12v quarter turn valve: I ordered one of these to try it out.

Jeepers
08-15-2016, 04:06 PM

Here's snap shot of what I ordered from eBay. I plan to try this out one of my 740's and see it makes a difference.

psycho-heico
08-16-2016, 10:44 AM
Keep us updated on your new eBay sprinkler upgrade

Jeepers
08-17-2016, 05:42 PM
Sorry. I meant fill times have drastically decreased. I received the valve today. Haven't is taller yet, but tested with a 9v battery. Surprisingly the little 9v battery turns the ball valve without any trouble and opens a true 3/4" through flow.

I'll keep you posted. I plan to replace one irritrol feeding a 750 and comparing the fill times to the other 750 still controlled by the irritrol.

Jeepers
08-17-2016, 06:34 PM
Looks like I'm not the first to try this idea!!

Check out this YouTube video from one of our Supra Brothers: This is exactly what I was planning to do.

https://youtu.be/lKwoWaeEnRM

Poison
08-18-2016, 09:04 AM
Jeepers, very interested in your results with the new valves. Also, which irritrol valves did you use? The 700Bs? Sounds like that is already a significant improvement with just the irritrols. I'm not interested in spending the big money on a full ballast system upgrade, but I'm very willing to spend a little money to improve what I have.

psycho-heico
08-18-2016, 11:29 AM
wonder how the circuit board looks like, he mentions a 3 wire systems with the irritrols, instead of the 2 that is currently on the orbits...

gregski
08-18-2016, 01:28 PM
wonder how the circuit board looks like, he mentions a 3 wire systems with the irritrols, instead of the 2 that is currently on the orbits...
http://www.china-electricvalves.com/product/product41.html
His valve is the CR3 01 wiring style. Basically you have to apply power to either the "open" or "close" wire to control it.
I'd want the CR2 02 wiring which uses a mechanical spring closure so it's always closed unless you apply power to the "open" wire, functionally the same as the sprinkler valves.

trayson
08-18-2016, 04:14 PM

Here's snap shot of what I ordered from eBay. I plan to try this out one of my 740's and see it makes a difference.

I thought about going that route actually because I have a reversible that feeds two different bags (one underseat and another under the surfside bow seat). But in the end, it wasn't worth the extra expense and complexity. I don't *need* it to be fully automated for having one pump feed one or the other. I went with plastic manual ball valves from the plumbing aisle for that. But I'd already gutted and replaced all my factory G3 system, so I didn't have sprinkler valves anymore.

when I was researching the electric ball valves, I found them in all sorts of shapes and sizes. I even found some that would do an L shaped valve on a Tee so you should divert water to one location or another off 1 pump.

aerolland
08-18-2016, 04:52 PM
Thank's a lot guys, now I have the itch again to redo my setup. 20 down to 5 minutes is intriguing, will be interested to see if those results are legit. Check out this place for some stainless 2 wire versions for less $$$, all I ask is leave me 3! :p

http://www.tf-valvefittings.com/goods-290.html

Make sure you select NPT and CR2-02

trayson
08-18-2016, 05:17 PM
Thank's a lot guys, now I have the itch again to redo my setup. 20 down to 5 minutes is intriguing, will be interested to see if those results are legit. Check out this place for some stainless 2 wire versions for less $$$, all I ask is leave me 3! :p

So you're thinking 20 minutes down to 5 minutes for what size bag? I mean, I can tell you right off that 5 minutes isn't going to happen unless you're talking about a 750 or smaller bag. I have dedicated T1200 pumps for each of my bags (1100, 1100, and 1180) and I have 1 1/8" hose with 1" thru hulls dedicated to each pump (one pump per bag) and no sprinkler valves--and if I'm honest, It takes 7 to 10 minutes per bag. (I haven't timed them in a long while, but it definitely wasn't 5 minutes).

So even if you 100% got rid of the valves, I don't see you getting a 5 minute fill time on a 3/4" line unless you're talking about a smaller bag. That said, anything to improve the painfully slow G3 with sprinklers would be a dramatic improvement.

EDIT: I just looked at your sig. I see that you have 750's all around. The only way you'll get anywhere close to 5 minute fill times is with a pump for each bag and increasing your hose size to 1 or 1 1/8 from the stock 3/4. And even then, I'd say you'd be closer to 6 minutes at best.

aerolland
08-18-2016, 09:34 PM
Yup, 750s in the rear and stock 400 in floor locker, no IBS yet. I didn't mean get to exactly 5 mins per say, but even if I knock off 5 mins from current fill times, I can be surfing 5 mins sooner. I like the simplified setup of 2 large pumps (rule or tsunami) feeding 1 selectable manifold. Less pumps to buy and wire plus fewer thru hulls. The stack up of thru hull, brass valve, pump gets expensive in comparison. To each their own I guess.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

trayson
08-19-2016, 03:28 PM

I think I'm going to finally try one of the motorized TEE valves. I have two bags that fill off a reversible that are under the surfside seat (400 lbs) and under the bow seat (probably around 250 lbs) that currently use manual ball valves to direct the flow to one vs. the other. This was great since I rarely used the bow bag, but now I'm finding that with my suck gate I want more bow weight and I think it'd be fun to have the ability to flip a switch and have the pump change from bow to side.

I'm going to use this valve for about $27 shipped.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-way-motorized-ball-valve-DN20-reduce-port-T-port-motorized-ball-valve-/391080032452?hash=item5b0e2fb8c4:g:disAAOSwdsFUN5b p

http://image4.pushauction.com/380/380/a9552a2b-d08c-4b28-907d-aae5ab799b75/5840c0d4-dfcf-9b7c-4777-874f5be52053.jpg

It'll take a while for it to show up from China, so I'll update when I finally get it.

Jeepers
08-19-2016, 11:33 PM
I used the irritrol 700b's.

The motorized ball valve experiment worked amazing!!!!!! With all three ballast filling at the same time the portside 750 was half full in about 3 minutes!!! I didn't actually time it but it sounded like I was filling it with a garden hose.

I ordered the other 2 valves today.... Keep you posted!!

Jeepers
08-19-2016, 11:35 PM
The ones I got are imported from China by a US based company. The one you ordered is probably made in the same factory!!

Nice score!

Jeepers
08-19-2016, 11:38 PM
I forgot to mention I'm filling all ballasts with the stock rule livewell pump. Motor off and at the dock.

Jeepers
08-19-2016, 11:57 PM
The video referred to the motorized ball valves being 3-wire. I made to sure to purchase the 2-wire ones with reversible polarity. That way they will wire in directly to the existing sprinkler valve wire.

Jeepers
08-20-2016, 01:02 AM
There's is almost no difference in flow rates between 3/4" and 1". That's just to sell a bunch of hose and fittings. Think of a standard garden hose (3/4"). It all depends on the pressure provided by the supply pump and the head.

Poison
08-20-2016, 04:43 PM
Can you snap a picture of the manifold with the new valves installed? You have my attention. :D

Jeepers
08-21-2016, 01:05 AM
Absolutely! As soon as receive the 2 additional valves and get them installed. Check out the YouTube video I posted above. I found it when I was searching for the valves: here's a snap shot from the video of the manifold on the supra from the video. Only difference is his system is 1". I'm leaving the stock manifold.24896

Poison
08-22-2016, 09:45 PM
So you just wired these directly into the same wires that ran the sprinkler valves, correct? When you give it 12 volts (using the fill switch) the valve mechanically opens and when the voltage is taken away (fill switch to off) the valve closes. Is that correct? Is there no required voltage for the valve to close (read: no additional wires)? This should increase the flow significantly from the sprinkler valves; the diagrams I've seen of how they are work show a very restricted system.

This is surprisingly elegant if I'm understanding the whole thing correctly.

kaneboats
08-23-2016, 11:14 AM
I like this. I removed my manifold and cut some new thru hulls for my rear bags. I got rid of the sprinkler valves completely and each rear bag has its own pair of pumps filling it from its own thru hull now. But, my front bag and mini IBS bag fill off the original scupper intake. They will start to fill anytime the boat is moving. One of these valves would fix that without costing me any flow. Has anyone found a cheap 1" NPT motorized valve with 2 wire control on ebay or somewhere else?

aerolland
08-23-2016, 12:02 PM
I like this. I removed my manifold and cut some new thru hulls for my rear bags. I got rid of the sprinkler valves completely and each rear bag has its own pair of pumps filling it from its own thru hull now. But, my front bag and mini IBS bag fill off the original scupper intake. They will start to fill anytime the boat is moving. One of these valves would fix that without costing me any flow. Has anyone found a cheap 1" NPT motorized valve with 2 wire control on ebay or somewhere else?
Check this link I found from earlier in this thread. Other than Ebay, this is cheapest I've found.

Just make sure you pick the correct wiring option at the bottom. These are stainless too

trayson
08-23-2016, 12:06 PM

I did this when my front bag started to fill on its own... (mushroom intake, not a scupper, but I'd think it might still work?)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-PLASTIC-OUTLET-VENTED-LOOP-FOR-MARINE-BOAT-TOILET-HEAD-FIVE-OCEANS-/281484478701?hash=item4189c848ed:g:1WEAAOSwyTZUVPt V&vxp=mtr

http://www.baronusa.net/ebay/productos/V31002-2421/principal.jpg

Jeepers
08-23-2016, 07:50 PM
Correct. Direct connect. Fill = Valve Opens, OFF = Valve closes. I tested the valves with a 9V battery and they opened perfectly. the difference is amazing!!

Jeepers
08-23-2016, 07:52 PM
Absolutely. Tested that out this weekend. The motorized ball valves will not open regardless of the water pressure behind them.

trayson
08-30-2016, 08:22 PM
I think I'm going to finally try one of the motorized TEE valves. I have two bags that fill off a reversible that are under the surfside seat (400 lbs) and under the bow seat (probably around 250 lbs) that currently use manual ball valves to direct the flow to one vs. the other. This was great since I rarely used the bow bag, but now I'm finding that with my suck gate I want more bow weight and I think it'd be fun to have the ability to flip a switch and have the pump change from bow to side.

I'm going to use this valve for about $27 shipped.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-way-motorized-ball-valve-DN20-reduce-port-T-port-motorized-ball-valve-/391080032452?hash=item5b0e2fb8c4:g:disAAOSwdsFUN5b p

http://image4.pushauction.com/380/380/a9552a2b-d08c-4b28-907d-aae5ab799b75/5840c0d4-dfcf-9b7c-4777-874f5be52053.jpg

It'll take a while for it to show up from China, so I'll update when I finally get it.

Well, the TEE valve showed up from China today. I'm honestly a little underwhelmed. The main flow channel is great. no restriction from the ball valve and seems really legit. It has two wires and it changes from open to close by reversing the polarity of the wires. So something that could be pretty easily accomplished with a two position switch.
http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u492/traysonh/Moomba%20XLV/20160830_171408_zpslqgu1osr.jpg

HOWEVER, when the ball valve goes to the other position on the TEE, there's a huge restriction. it's like the only amount of flow that will get through is a little water slide worth on the ball. Disappointing for sure. If I press on with the motorized solution I will likely plug the restricted flow channel and use the TEE as a simple on/off. And I'll just get a 2nd regular motorized ball valve to open/close the flow to my other bag.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u492/traysonh/Moomba%20XLV/20160830_171239_zpsjdi3gcln.jpg

Jeepers
09-08-2016, 01:46 PM
That's odd. Mine open all the way with no restriction. Looks like a straight through 3/4" pipe

Jeepers
09-08-2016, 01:50 PM
Motorized ball valves fill times:

Filled all three bags at the same time: 750's X 2, 400 X 1: all filled in 12 minutes.

Couldn't be happier. Interestingly they drain better as well. I think the sprinkler valves allowed air into the system. With the motorized ball valves my bags completely drain all the water and air.

trayson
09-08-2016, 01:54 PM
That's odd. Mine open all the way with no restriction. Looks like a straight through 3/4" pipe

You bought motorized ball valves. Open/Closed.

I took a chance and bought a motorized TEE. I bought a different product so that I could have one inlet, and TWO outlets. (directing the flow from my one reversible pump to fill either the underseat bag or the bow bag.

This is what I bought.

So our applications are a bit different. Ultimately, I'll have to get the ball valves like you and put a plastic TEE before them.

trayson
09-08-2016, 01:56 PM
Motorized ball valves fill times:

Filled all three bags at the same time: 750's X 2, 400 X 1: all filled in 12 minutes.

Couldn't be happier. Interestingly they drain better as well. I think the sprinkler valves allowed air into the system. With the motorized ball valves my bags completely drain all the water and air.

Do you have vent lines? Or are you just having the bags "vent" by pushing water through the drain pump when they're full?

Jeepers
09-08-2016, 01:56 PM
Oh. Gotcha!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poison
09-09-2016, 10:46 AM
Would this work: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010LT2K9I/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2VAUB1ZJPP8MU&coliid=I2SN4I5IOFJWL5&psc=1

Seems like this would wire into the existing system pretty easily.

aerolland
09-09-2016, 10:54 AM
This version is cheaper even for the 1" valve, same spring return setup.

MLA
09-09-2016, 12:54 PM
just having the bags "vent" by pushing water through the drain pump when they're full?

Just note, having water purge though the aerator drain pump may relieve some pressure in the sac, but it will not purge or vent air that accumulates at the top of the filled sac.

I highly suggest all ballast sacs have a top mounted vent line.

aerolland
09-09-2016, 03:20 PM
This version is cheaper even for the 1" valve, same spring return setup.

Had I gone through the process myself rather than dragging my feet, I would have known by now that your Amazon link is equal price after shipping charges from Mainland China. You have found a good valve on Amazon (Prime gets it to you by Sunday too) - I just ordered 3x - 1" valves.

I won't see a flow improvement until I revamp my bag fill lines to 1" but I plan do do that over the winter. 3/4" ball valves are good up to about 22GPM (~1,400 GPH) which for normal conditions would be fine (say filling more than 1 bag at a time) BUT if you wanted to fill only 1 bag quickly (or say top off a surf side bag) and you were feeding the fill manifold with TWO large aerator pumps, you will exceed the flow rate limit of the 3/4" valves. 1" valves allow you to reach around 45GPM (~2,700 GPH) which will handle the solo bag fill entirely.

That said, I would suggest ponying up for the 1" valves if you ever plan to upgrade to a second supply pump and/or your fill lines to each bag.

Here is the analysis I did when I was originally looking towards upgrading to the Irritol valves (yeah I know, I'm an engineer... but I can't help it). I have modified it to represent the full flow characteristics of adding a second large aerator pump. I assume 200% flow capacity, but that wont be true in practice, probably more around 170-180% but you get the idea. The crossing point of the YELLOW head loss and BLUE pump curve represents max flow rate capable - double that for a second pump.

In theory, one could get ~10 mins fill times with this setup, pushing 2,560lbs. Like I said, in theory.

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l557/aerolland/Moomba%20LSV/Pump%20Flow%20Analysis.jpg (http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/aerolland/media/Moomba%20LSV/Pump%20Flow%20Analysis.jpg.html)

trayson
09-09-2016, 05:30 PM
Just note, having water purge though the aerator drain pump may relieve some pressure in the sac, but it will not purge or vent air that accumulates at the top of the filled sac.

I highly suggest all ballast sacs have a top mounted vent line.

^^^^^ Wise words there! agreed.

Jeepers
09-12-2016, 10:01 PM
My set up probably filled 1900#'s in 10 min or less. But my HDHD got the better of me and I got sidetracked and only refocused when my back compartment lids popped open and water was flowing out the vent lines.

aerolland
09-12-2016, 11:42 PM
Boat got a little love tonight, out with the old and in with the new!

New 1" servo ball valves. Designed the manifold to accept another 1200 GPH pump input on the other side, will add this winter after the season shuts down. Added the 750# IBS bag in the nose too. We'll find out tomorrow afternoon how the surf wave looks now !!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160913/aa10303cdad3d732d5dc5e4232210362.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160913/99f4b82c0838a25ec6b71b7c0006deca.jpg

Poison
09-13-2016, 09:07 AM
Looks great. Did you splice into the existing wiring or re-use the deutsch connectors?

aerolland
09-13-2016, 10:15 PM
Yes. Lol. I cut and spliced into the wires after the deutsch. I got lazy and didn't want to take the connector apart to try to reuse the crimps. I actually installed that connector less than 45 days ago, they are available on Amazon for a reasonable price.

Went out tonight, ballast filled in record time. Forgot to time it, was excited watching the ibs fill! All I can say is wow, what a beautiful wave. Best wave I've surfed ever. Long and tall. Weight in the nose helps the abused prop too. Pictures to come tomorrow morning when the gopro is downloaded.

Valves worked great, now I'm eager to add 2nd pump. I'll time them officially this weekend if the weather holds out.

aerolland
09-15-2016, 09:32 AM
Sunday's poor weather prediction has moved out to later in the week so I hope to get back out on the water and time the fill times.

This has been the best wave I've been on yet, happy to know it's mine!

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l557/aerolland/Moomba%20LSV/Allen%209.13.16.jpg (http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/aerolland/media/Moomba%20LSV/Allen%209.13.16.jpg.html)

My buddy shredding it up:

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l557/aerolland/Corbin%205%209.13.16.jpg (http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/aerolland/media/Corbin%205%209.13.16.jpg.html)

twkoehn
07-18-2017, 09:23 PM
I'm in the process (pumps ordered) of doing this upgrade. I was wondering if you ever got around to putting a clock on your fill times??? Also, did you ever add a second pump???? Finally, did you put a new filter on the line, use the existing filter or not use a filter at all????

aerolland
07-18-2017, 10:52 PM
Just came in from a surf night actually... 18 mins to fill 2,650 lbs. Never added second pump, felt it was good enough for now and they v drive locker is pretty full already. Took out the filter all together, we stay in fresh water and our lake is very clean

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk