PDA

View Full Version : 2014 lsv depth finder transducer

Jrichard1987
06-19-2014, 08:38 AM
Had my new lsv for 2 weeks center ballast tank wasn't filling (pinched lines) and the depth finder was erratic. Dealer fixed the ballast but now waiting over a week for the transducer. Is this a part that is just bolted in that the dealer could take off one of their many new units to get me back on the water??? I'm sick of waiting and looking like in gonna miss another weekend because of it!

Jordan
2014 moomba möbius lsv

jmvotto
06-19-2014, 08:42 AM
you should not need the depth finder to run your boat, unless in some sketchy water ways. the replacement is a 10 minute diy to epoxy it to the bilge area. Are they adding it or replacing it.?

Jrichard1987
06-19-2014, 08:46 AM
Their replacing it. I don't need it but it's annoying as hell when it's constantly beeping at me. And I hate trailering my boat more than I need to I live 2 hrs from the dealer and would like it to be fixed properly so I don't have to bring it back later.

Jordan
2014 moomba möbius lsv

Jrichard1987
06-19-2014, 08:47 AM
They had to order it and I talked with service writer yesterday and it's scheduled to be here Friday hopefully but not like they will have it fixed for the weekend

Jordan
2014 moomba möbius lsv

kaneboats
06-19-2014, 08:57 AM
So pick up the boat and the part and epoxy it down yourself. Save the weekend.

Went back and looked at your original question. The part is glued down (epoxy) to the hull. That's why they can't just "unbolt" one from another boat. Still. They can put the new one in in about 10 min. Or you can do it.

Woody929
06-19-2014, 09:08 AM
Aren't these Lowrance depth finders? They normally make pretty good stuff.

Jrichard1987
06-19-2014, 09:18 AM
Ya thanks guys that's what I'll do! I know their having issues with faulty paddle wheels on these boats had to change mine on pdi but to me if your a big dealer like the one I'm dealing with they shoul have stock on all these items so this doesn't happen.

Jordan
2014 moomba möbius lsv

kaneboats
06-19-2014, 09:30 AM
Hard to stock every part for every model in the summertime. I'd be tempted to tell them I am going to pick up the boat and the part and glue it down myself so have it ready. Wouldn't be surprised if they just do it before you get there.

jstenger
06-19-2014, 03:03 PM
2 things.

First, unplug it under the dash to stop the beeps.

Second, some sending units are filled with antifreeze. No need to unglue the unit. Take the old unit out, add a little fluid, put the new unit in. Make sure that some fluid squeezes out so that there are no air bubbles.

kaneboats
06-19-2014, 03:38 PM
some sending units are filled with antifreeze

Wow. Had no idea on that one.

Jrichard1987
06-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Sweet thanks! Weird about the antifreeze

Jordan
2014 moomba möbius lsv

jstenger
06-19-2014, 07:08 PM
I haven't looked at mine yet, but Airmar makes a transducer where a ring glues to the hull instead of the actual transducer. You fill the cavity with antifreeze and then place the transducer into it. Instead of epoxy being between the transducer and the hull, there is only liquid with no air bubbles. You have a chance of getting air bubbles in the epoxy which messes up the transducer. Others on this forum have posted where theirs have had leaks and they had to add fluid.