PDA

View Full Version : Weighting an Lsv

snyderaaron
06-18-2014, 10:20 PM
Hey everyone, I know there are multiple threads on this but everyone's situation feels different. Right now I ride with 750 filled surf side, center locker full and ibs full. Wake plate is at 50% and speed 10.3. I can ride it fine but always see pictures of huge waves. I also have 2 400 bags to throw around, but usually don't because it takes to long

brain_rinse
06-18-2014, 10:38 PM
Throw one of those 400s at the surf side rear and a couple hundred pounds on the opposite side rear, and raise the wakeplate all the way up.

parrothd
06-18-2014, 10:44 PM
Yep, 1100 rear, under seat, center, IBS and extra 750 in the bow and deep water..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

snyderaaron
06-18-2014, 10:49 PM
Is wakeplate all the up mean to put it in the rear in the water more, the up n down on that always confuses me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

parrothd
06-18-2014, 10:54 PM
The plate is pointing up, makes the nose rise upwards..

Woody929
06-18-2014, 10:56 PM
Yep, 1100 rear, under seat, center, IBS and extra 750 in the bow and deep water..

With all of that, where do you put your stuff? I run 1100s, center and IBS and after all of that fitting all of the other necessary crap becomes a challenge.

bergermaister
06-19-2014, 01:31 AM
Define necessary.

I find with the family we have all kinds of "necessary" crap on board.

For a run with the guys we have a lot of room for ballast and beer and then plenty to spare...

Woody929
06-19-2014, 07:31 AM
Life jackets, anchor. Ice chest, towels

Our boat rarely goes out without the family. And I hear it enough that "if you take away any more of the storage..." You get the picture

parrothd
06-19-2014, 08:45 AM
Stuff? In the cubby and under the cubby seat, the starboard start behind the captains chair are all open. We put a cooler and food upfront. Maybe you need a bigger boat.. :D or take less stuff.

Woody929
06-19-2014, 09:01 AM
Guess you don't have an audio setup. My cubby is full with the amps and 3 batteries. We can get a bag on top of the battery boxes. The only flex space we do have is the seat in front of the cubby.

Who needs life jackets anyway ;-)

Everything I have now fits fine, but if I were to add another 400lbs here or there in ballast, that would be a different story.

Sorry to hijack

Beejwest
06-19-2014, 11:35 AM
Don't know what the '12 is like, but in my 07 I relocated the battery boxes as far forward as possible. It gave me about 3-4" extra room. The amps are mounted on the back side of the bulkhead, and on the back of the front seat, above the batteries. My ACR is on the front side of the bulkhead, and that leaves plenty of room for everyone's boat bags/backpacks/purses. My cooler sits behind the driver's seat. Carry three ski's under starboard seats, one of which is my Connelly V with double sidewinder bindings. In the starboard locker bottom up I have; 400lb bag, buoys, surf board, deflated tube, and most commonly used life jackets. Room to spare in there for other "necessities". In port locker I just have my 1000 lb bag. I had 8 people and all our junk out last week with no floor space taken for stuff except the cooler.

Beejwest
06-19-2014, 11:36 AM
Oh, and I don't use any wakeboard racks at all!

Rakkasan
06-22-2014, 08:13 AM
Ok I'm really confused with this wake plate setting. Everyone on here says put the wake plate all the way up but when I do all I get is unsurfable white wash. If I put the plate all the way down to 3/4 down I get a decent wave.

Actually went rope less for the first time yesterday :o

Set up is 400 center full, 750 full port side, starboard empty.

kaneboats
06-22-2014, 11:18 AM
What weight are you running and how fast are you going?

Beejwest
06-22-2014, 11:56 AM
Wake plate up=bow up= no wash and taller rampy wave.

Rakkasan
06-22-2014, 04:05 PM
What weight are you running and how fast are you going?

Weight as stated only me on the board and wife driven plus a 6 year old. Speed at 10 but have tried down to 9 and up the 11 with the same results.

Rakkasan
06-22-2014, 04:08 PM
Wake plate up=bow up= no wash and taller rampy wave.

That's why I'm asking. For me Wake plate up=bow up= Nothing but wash...

But when I get the bow down that when I see the wave

Beejwest
06-22-2014, 11:03 PM
Ok, I am not trying to sound condescending but the wake plate indicator is sometimes confusing. All the way to the left is "plate up bow up" and all the way to the right is "plate down bow down".

If it is indeed in the correct position, what does it do to the wave when you reverse it? Does it clean up? Maybe your gauge is wired incorrectly.

If not, you should get a "just ok" wave with 750 port and 400 center. It wont be spectacular, but surfable at least. There should be almost no whitewash on the port side of the wave, just a smooth transition until it curls at the back of the pocket. Good starting point on speed is 10.5 with your weight. The more you add, the faster you may need to go to get the shape right. With only that weight on though, anywhere from 9-11 should be fairly decent.

Is the boat listing at all under that weight? The list and uneven weight distribution is what is creating that wave, so no list, no wave.

You got a pic of what it's doing?

parrothd
06-22-2014, 11:09 PM
You start with the plate up, or whatever position makes the bow rise in the air.

Then adjust the speed to form a decent wave. Then you lower the plate to clean up the wave or make it longer.

Rakkasan
06-23-2014, 07:32 AM
Ok, I am not trying to sound condescending but the wake plate indicator is sometimes confusing. All the way to the left is "plate up bow up" and all the way to the right is "plate down bow down".

If it is indeed in the correct position, what does it do to the wave when you reverse it? Does it clean up? Maybe your gauge is wired incorrectly.

If not, you should get a "just ok" wave with 750 port and 400 center. It wont be spectacular, but surfable at least. There should be almost no whitewash on the port side of the wave, just a smooth transition until it curls at the back of the pocket. Good starting point on speed is 10.5 with your weight. The more you add, the faster you may need to go to get the shape right. With only that weight on though, anywhere from 9-11 should be fairly decent.

Is the boat listing at all under that weight? The list and uneven weight distribution is what is creating that wave, so no list, no wave.

You got a pic of what it's doing?

Ok I now understand the wake plate is as it looks Up is Up and Down is Down

That being said I still have to put the plate at least 3/4 of the way DOWN to get any kind of wave. The boat is listing to the port side and it just seems to get more of a wave with the bow lower in the water.

Here a pic of me surfing not a real good shot of the wave. Water depth is 20+ feet.

kaneboats
06-23-2014, 09:36 AM
Sometimes you have to speed up to about 14 then slow back down to let the wave develop and keep its shape. The pic above looks like you may be going too slow. I would put the wakeplate 3/4 UP and speed up a bit, then slow back down to around 10.5. Have you checked your speedo?

Stazi
06-23-2014, 10:13 AM
That wave is tiny...you need WAY more weight and you need to run wakeplate all the way up or close to it.

Rakkasan
06-23-2014, 10:33 AM
Sometimes you have to speed up to about 14 then slow back down to let the wave develop and keep its shape. The pic above looks like you may be going too slow. I would put the wakeplate 3/4 UP and speed up a bit, then slow back down to around 10.5. Have you checked your speedo?

Checked the speed right before that run by GPS. Was going 10mph in the pic at least that's what the wife said. Told her to run the wake plate up and down when I was behind the boat any the only time there was any type of wave was in the down position. Still when I drive I can get a bigger wave but when she drives I think she worries more about keeping the boat strait than giving me a good wave, and if I complain too much I won't be in the water at all.

ninedriver
07-09-2014, 10:11 AM
Perfect pass (aka... Marriage saver)

rca
07-09-2014, 08:14 PM
I get wash in our 2011 LSV on the regular side unless I am really weighted. I've found with my 1100 full in the port locker, 200-300 in the starboard locker, 540 on the floor on the port side, 350 on the back seat, locker full and IBS full I get an awesome wave with the plate all the way up and about 10.5.

That's with just my wife driving.

I was using the 2 350 bags on the back seat and port side but needed another 100 or so to clean up the wash.

csm
07-14-2014, 10:57 AM
Has anybody tried piggy-backing a bag under the port seats, tied into the port locker bag? I run 1100 in the port locker, ski locker and IBS full. With just a driver, it creates a pretty good wave, but seems like a couple hundred pounds under the port seats would help. But I really don't want anything manual. I love that right now, everything is hidden and automated.

Beejwest
07-14-2014, 11:13 AM

This is 1,000 lb port, 400 lb bag on port seats, 400 lb locker sack filled, 200 lb starboard locker, two people on port side, one at the back and one at observers seat, and the driver. It's a great wave. Comparable to my friend's '14 Nautique G21 with a ramp setting of 3 on the NSS.

Beejwest
07-14-2014, 11:16 AM
Oh yeah, plate up all the way, and PP paddlewheel at 11mph. below 11 the pocket gets shorter but wave gets taller. We can run anywhere from 11.3-10 and have a good wave but 11 is the money. I've never GPS checked that but my guess is from a two boat wave surf attempt with my friends G21 GPS I run a bit faster. I think 11 is actually around 10.5-.7

Jeffro
07-14-2014, 05:33 PM
2007 LSV 1100 rear, 750 port & 400 center.

http://youtu.be/3m00DsjLfKg?list=LLDXbLmsHxlIsngNg-yS5ZBA