PDA

View Full Version : Swivel seat removal

Sampp1963
06-18-2014, 09:24 PM
Hey all..
Does anyone know how to remove the driver swivel seat on a Mondo?? Do I have to remove all the screws on the floor or is there a better way??
I will need to remove the seat to get the floor panel to fully open...
Thanks

168rod
06-19-2014, 02:37 AM
I just replaced my 2014 Mojo seat pedestal with a taller one. Takes less than 5- minutes.

1. Loosen T-handle seat tensioner under seat enough to slide seat off pedestal.
2. Unsnap carpet from driver seat area to expose seat pedestal base.
3. Remove six screws from pedestal base.
4. Done

When reinstalling screws, be sure not to over tighten screws so you don't strip the holes out.

Hope this helps ...

Just curious why you're opening your floor?

mcdye
06-19-2014, 08:13 AM
Loosen the T Handle and lift the seat off the base stem.

I opened the floor to run power wires across as to going all around the front.

Sampp1963
06-19-2014, 06:57 PM
I just replaced my 2014 Mojo seat pedestal with a taller one. Takes less than 5- minutes.

1. Loosen T-handle seat tensioner under seat enough to slide seat off pedestal.
2. Unsnap carpet from driver seat area to expose seat pedestal base.
3. Remove six screws from pedestal base.
4. Done

When reinstalling screws, be sure not to over tighten screws so you don't strip the holes out.

Hope this helps ...

Just curious why you're opening your floor?

Well I'm already thinking about mod and winterizing. I was wondering if I could have a better access to the front rigid ballast. I'm looking for a way to disconnect the drain hose a make sure I empty the ballast completely.

Also, I want to had some garden hose connectors on the heater hoses.....was wondering also f it will be easier under the big floor panel

Sampp1963
06-19-2014, 06:58 PM
Loosen the T Handle and lift the seat off the base stem.

I opened the floor to run power wires across as to going all around the front.

Thanks...good idea for the wires...

moombadaze
06-20-2014, 07:28 AM
168rod, was thinking of doing that mod myself, was the seat base just screwed down into the floor or where there nuts and a backing plate? I was at west marine looking at the seat bases and the directions said it needed to be bolted down with a backing plate.

Do you have a part number for the seat base you used ?

mcdye
06-20-2014, 07:59 AM
Also, I want to had some garden hose connectors on the heater hoses.....was wondering also f it will be easier under the big floor panel

IMO, It would be easier in the engine area to put hose connectors for the heater.

For me, I had the concern of a leak or such to where I might need to bypass the heater core. I had a extra piece of hose that I could loop at the connectors on the engine block to bypass. I keep it tied wrapped to the existing hoses in the engine bay.